Sharing widget placement customizing (floating and static), Premium designs, Bit.ly support, Buttons design customizing, Jumbo counters and more ...
Simply the best social share buttons,easy, super complete and pretty configuration, great work, works fine and very well, please keep update.
It works, but you can't get rid of the "Sharexy" branding in the widget or in the shares, and removing the floating widget from /wp-admin/ doesn't work no matter how many wildcards you put around that spec.
I know it's a free plugin, but i don't want Sharexy website 2 times every time i share something on facebook. Thanks anyways
The basic functionality works well for me but as reported in Support, I'm unable to edit the icon sequence, which icons display on the bar or the style of buttons. That functionality comes up blank. So theres some issues with the admin page.
The buttons themselves do work nicely though and I'm happy to have the popup with more user choices.
I've been surprised how buggy many of these Share plugins have been. This is about the 6th I've tried. The prior one had the option to not display the buttons unless a share link was clicked. But it has not been maintained. Another that is updated and is popular has been really buggy.
Hopefully a fix update is coming. Then this would be worth 5 stars.
I once tried the floating icon option. I didn't like that. That's when I discovered that disabling it was a pain. I unchecked it and saved three times. But it would continue to show up on my website. And to my shock, the social icons bar started showing up on top of every post as well whereas I had only chosen 'bottom' as its position.
Was looking both for floating and embedded to posts and pages and found this one. After one evening testing decided to uninstall it.
Plugin is very nice, has good customization capabilities, even "tricks" like buttons trembling, and of course includes floating panel that is very good.
But I found some things after which decided not to use it:
- When sharing to Facebook, plugin adds "shared by Sharexy.com plugin" -- tried to find it in sources and could not. Author answered in support that this will be an option in next versions, but...
- ... plugin is not updated for 4 months and no information when it will be.
- "Sharexy" button is added to others and can't be switched off.
- The words is that there is a popup window when your mouse is on this "sharexy" button, which opens automatically but doesn't close itself without clicking. There was the whole thread about it: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-the-sharesexy-icon?replies=7 but now it is just closed without any answer.
People in the thread and I after my codesearch suppose that this plugin addresses some outer sources, so this was warning to me and I moved to other one.
This is #1 most important in my book.
yeah I realize it's a free plugin but really? - taking the user to that blatant Sharexy page after the user does a social share instead of back to the originating site or back to Facebook, etc. means we won't be using this one. We don't want to send traffic to a 3rd party site just to use a social sharing widget.
First off, I have tried to place a direct message with Sharexy and then tried to post on the message board - but they want me to log in with a social identity? I don't have one and hence me posting my underwhelming comments here. The problem I am experiencing is:
1. After a user has shared my website they get taken to the Sharexy websiite - they don't return to my website? Of course they could, but the default is to arrive at their site.
The plugin is easy to set up and looks great, but it disrupts my visitor and there browsing experience is hijacked if they like my site enough to share it.
I would have liked to convey this message to Sharexy in a less public way, but I need a social sign in of some sort. Digital Apartide!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.