I tried to replace an URL with a new URL, but it doesn't work. I won't rate this 1/5 as this doesn't break my site.
I've found this plugin useful in the past but now a search and replace of my database does not find any results. In my PHP error logs I see things like
WordPress database error COLLATION 'utf8_bin' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8mb4' for query SELECT * FROM wp_commentmeta WHEREmeta_id
It seems like the recent changes to the WP database have caused some compatibility issues with this plugin.
Many plugins use "serialized data", several settings put into one field in the database. The length of each setting string is stored along with the setting.
If you use a tool that replaces text without replacing the length of the text in the serialized data, your data is messed up for the plugin.
The Changelog says "Exclude serialized data from replace function".
Find another tool. I'm trying "WPEX Replace DB Urls" next, which specifically says "Serialized strings are also supported. You can replace a URL with another."
This plugin advises you to back up your database before using it, which is good, because it is really easy to shoot yourself in the foot with this plugin.
The user experience is confusing. It tries to get you to experiment before doing anything that will actually change data, which is great, but in doing so, it adds complexity and confusion.
I have a few ideas on making it clearer and safer.
So, the flow would be:
Its trying to allocate over 90MB of RAM to handle the search alone. We ended up building and using MySQL replace function directly in MySQL.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.