A simple search for find strings in your database and replace the string.
My website crashed after replacing URLS..
This plugin has just saved me almost 3 hours of editing. Thanks
Please note - this tool DOESN'T work like windows "find and replace". You can't JUST search. If you search and leave the "replace" form section blank it just deletes the searched terms completely - ruined half a dozen pages on one of my sites.
If you want to just search, my suggestion is you copy and paste the same term in to search and replace boxes so that it replaces with the same. Hopefully you won't then experience the issues I have.
This could have been made WAY clearer with the plugins user notes etc!
Thank you! I had problems with https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/ ( which I've been using for years ) working on one of our servers and I came across this which works great so far.
Useful but very dangerous!!!
This was so very useful. Just migrated a dozen WordPress sites to a new server and I found that this tool was the icing on the cake. It helped me find and fix all of the url's that needed to changed after the migration. Much appreciated.
This plugin is very powerful and it would be a five for me if it could be improved further with the ability to search specific tables within an WPMU environment.
At the moment the plugin will search/replace across all the database tables. But, WPMU creates db tables for each individual sub-domain, but inserting the sub-domain id in front of the table name. So for example the posts table on a single implementation would be called '_posts', whereas on a sub-domain WPMU implementation the table for the sub-domain with an id of 7 would be 'wp_7_posts'...if you use search and replace and the search term is repeated across sub-domains it would be replaced in all the sub-domains.
An improvement would be to allow search and replace within an individual sub-domain.
I hope this is of some use to the developers.
Thanks for a great plugin!
just changed site from http to https but all existing media files still using http in content.
so did a search and replace of image urls from http to https :)
Many plugins use "serialized data", several settings put into one field in the database. The length of each setting string is stored along with the setting.
If you use a tool that replaces text without replacing the length of the text in the serialized data, your data is messed up for the plugin.
The Changelog says "Exclude serialized data from replace function".
Find another tool. I'm trying "WPEX Replace DB Urls" next, which specifically says "Serialized strings are also supported. You can replace a URL with another."
I use this plugin ever since I started using WordPress. I can't even start to count how many times it covered my back!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.