The most popular Five Star Rating System on the web. User-friendly ratings for: posts, pages, comments, WooCommerce, BuddyPress and bbPress forums.
Cool plugin, does the job.
Good helpdesk, quick reply.
Features meet most of my needs that I can't find in other plugins. I have been using this for a couple of years now. Great support.
Does what others don't.
Very good, very easy.
SUPPORT IS EXCALLENT!!!!!
I like this widget But I thought that I should give a heads up to other people looking for a rating widget.
1. the rating widget is hosted elsewhere. On the creators servers so you won't have access to the ratings.
2. It cannot show ratings for posts under one category. It only shows all ratings across all posts in the widget or all ratings in comments using the thumb rating system.
If these facts do not bother you then this widget is perfect for you. It is definitely the best ratings widget currently available for wordpress and it even incorporates with other major plugins like buddypress and bbpress which is a major plus as well.
A great little plugin which I'm glad I installed. The support from Vova the developer is 2nd to none, he's very helpful.
Whilst a good plugin, in my eyes it's not perfect and here's why:
- to second SOHKat's comment, I'd like to be able to pay a one-off fee for the plugin as opposed to signing up for a subscription. I think this option should be incorporate.
- The rating are not done on a per-instance basis which means that there can be a few display issues especially when used with the top ratings widget.
- I'd like to see an option to have all files/stats hosted on my own server to have full control, but understand that as payment is only currently been taken by a monthly subscription this could be hard to implement.
- the ability to allow editors and above (or configurable) to view ratings analytics is currently not an option and think it should be.
I believe Vova and his team are continually updating this plugin and hope to see some good improvements in the future. I believe they are currently working on a feedback box that will allow visitors to submit feedback/comments along with their rating. This would be FANTASTIC!
Other than the minor niggles above, a brilliant plugin, highly recommended and would opt to go for pro...
Great Support! Completely uncomplicated as well. I switched from GD Rating to this. Granted I don't get to see all the reports like I did with GD. But the less complications the better for me!
Only draw back is the pricing if you want to go pro. I'd rather make a one time payment as my site is very small and doesn't make much on advertising other then paying for itself. So I have limited funds to spend. Just a personal thing though, I get why they ask for $ for the pro.
Most easy to use Ratings Plugin I've seen so far. The customization is a little limited but nothing the great support can't fix!
I would have given this 5 stars were it not for the reason there is not even a basic way of viewing your stats/ratings reports without upgrading to pro.
As this is one of the main reasons most people download a rating widget (to view their feedback and stats) it may be beneficial to develop a very basic report system for the standard version (maybe a list of your blog posts with a positive/negative percentage next to it) then you have to upgrade to pro to go into more detail (like how many star ratings, users for each post).
That being said Rating-Widget do make it clear from the offset that this enhancement is only available in premium.
The system itself is highly customizable with colour, font, images and text as well as alignment.
The support system is amazingly quick and helpful, whether you are communicating via twitter, facebook or the support quick chat - they are also very kind and understanding to those of us without as much technical knowledge of our sites than others.
Even though the price is a bit of a factor, I will still be upgrading to premium so as to gain the ratings reports as I feel the rest of this widget is worth the price - let alone the support system you gain.
Good plugins, too bad that you have to pay for rating reports ...
So 4 stars for me
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.