I've just started using this plugin, and it's really great! I think with some future updates it will definitely be worthy of that fifth star.
Things I love about it
1. It looks good on the front end. Unlike many plugins, you can tell this developer knows what looks good, not just what works.
2. There's a really cool preview feature. With each document you can write a description, but the user can also click a preview tab and see a preview of the document. Wonderful!
Opportunities for improvement
1. Once batch upload comes out of beta, it should be good. I had some problems with being able to upload large zip files, but that could be server related on my side...not sure.
2. The admin screens could be a bit more polished, but overall not bad.
3. Needs integration with cloud services. Along those lines, it would be good to have an upload system like the media one built into WordPress so we can just drag and drop multiple files.
4. Unless I'm missing it, I don't think there's yet a way to do bulk editing.
I love it so far!
While I'm just getting started, I can definitely say this is exactly the plugin I was looking for. My biggest surprise is that the author isn't charging for this.
We've been using this plugin since it came out. While it's not 100% perfect, it does a good job of allowing groups of documents to be stored together.
The developer is responsive, but understandably short on time (he's a university student).
We've investigated other document management plugins, but nothing is as good as Memphis Docs (mDocs). With some fine-tuning, mDocs could become a very respectable high-quality Premium plugin.
We plan on continuing to use it.
Also, as an unexpected bonus, all the PDFs and media files stored in mDocs can be indexed by searchWP. This is very very good. This allows our search results to include matching queries from text inside media files.
Very cool but I would like to be able to add some documents stored in the cloud (google drive, dropbox...)
This plugin is exactly what you need to manage large number of documents. I am using this with WP Multisites and works perfectly. Although it does have a few bugs here and there (batch upload doesn't work for me so I have to add files manually) but once it's up and running it works great!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.