A free version of IgnitionDeck, the original crowdfunding plugin for WordPress.
A big drop in functionality compared to the astoundify version and much much more expensive.
It's not compatible with the astoundify version either. I bought the fundify theme for astoundify together with the paypal adaptive payments and stipe payments option.
Do they work with this new version. Well the fundify theme doesn't and I can not tell if the other extensions work because this new version does not have any donate button.
This is a very poor plugin that does - nothing really. Don't waste your time on it unless you are prepared to pay for any sort of functionality.
The old astoundify plugin I scored at 4 this version it barely managed 1
I have long hesitated to even write a review, especially as it is quite unrealistic to expect this company to take any HINTS from bad reviews, looking at their excuse-generator named "Andrew". Btw.: Andrew, in real life, is one of the better support persons of this company, but he is strictly a 9-5 person, week-ends off, as all others are. If you have holiday season of any kind no answers for a week are the norm.
This is quite normal for a regular company, but NOT for anything happening under the auspices of WordPress, where helpdesks are usually populated 24/7 and often around the world. Even single person enterprises often support their non-paying customers on weekends as it is seen as a task and prospect rather than a job you "clock in" for.
So what do you have to expect when going the ID way:
1) Unless your site has a one-time-only crowfunding endevour the 500.- bucks enterprise version is mandatory. With the 150.- commerce license you cant do chained or parallel payments and in general submitting projects is a drag. The basic version really is good for nothing, as is the "free" version. So dont even try unless you do not value your own time.
2) Expect BUGS. yes, plural. And do NOT expect them to be fixed for you right away or anytime soon - probably in the next update, which may be far away.
3) Do not take ANY function for granted. Just because it looks like its supposed to work in a specific way doesnt mean it actually does. Not even fuctionality you would assume to be essential (like receipts for payments)
4) Expect to be left alone when the area of expertise leaves the immediate vincinity of ID, e.g. questions regarding the payment gateways are often ignored with the advice to ask THEM. So THEM might then refer you back to ID, can you spell "between a rock & a hard place"?
5) Expect MANY others competing for support time. All you get then is the lame excuse that they are understaffed but work to change that situation. Maybe so, but maybe also too late for ME.
6) The dreaded weekend: you put in a ticket on thursday and PRAY that it gets worked on on Friday, because if it doesnt, you next chance is MONDAY. Often answers are rather follow up questions - even if you answer them immediatly they wont be addressed before - you guessed it - the next day (if you are lucky).... so one issue easily can take weeks until resolved.
7) You start putting in questions too early, because you fear late responses - but the forum software does not allow editing. leading to a chain of your msgs before someone from ID looks at them - very messy and easy to remedy, but NOT remedied - why?
8) Their documentations is spars, you can not search it (!) and its in wide areas outdated, also features are mixed from various versions which is very confusing. IMO nobody can set up a working CF site ONLY using the docs, no matter how experienced or smart he is. But that should be possible.
This company seems to have released a half-baked product WAY too early, likely trying to improve it "on the road", but at the expense of early customers. In a year or two it may be worth looking at again. quite possible a fully functional bug-free CF platform is then available for relatively little money. But we arnt there yet.
At e.g. peopleperhourdotcom fully developed CF platforms, made to your specs, can be had for $ 500,- - and even if that requires another 500.- for getting it finally into the shape you want, that is done in 10 days, not 10 weeks, and ten weeks is FAST in the world of ID!
So if you want a new hobby, have time and money to burn (mostly time) and are an expert in php and CSS and WP, go for it.
If not, go somewhere else!
We're programmers and couldn't get this to work..
Purchased the $500 enterprise license and paid for a $400 enterprise valet. The plugins could be better integrated. Plenty of odd behaviour.
For the price I expect more.. Based on their support forums there are others that have similar considerations and frustrations.
Dealing with "Karl" in support is a pain. Professional enough but in no way accommodating.
Between the software license and the staff time we had a few thousand dollars into this. We ended up walking away and developed our own crowdfunding software.
Before you spend time and money on ignition deck you should take a look at other options.. We wouldn't recommend them..
I have used countless themes, frameworks, and plugins including some I have made myself and I have been working with WordPress professionally for a long time and I can tell you that I have NEVER had as many issues as I have with Ignition Deck. NOTHING works the way it should from the start. You will spend hours on the support forums. So many bugs I cannot begin to list them all.. Its one thing if this was a free service but its not, it costs hundreds of dollars. On top of that, there are countless issues that, while not hindering the functionality of the site, are just annoying. I was hesitant to say, "Worst of WordPress" because overall there is worse but for money, nothing compares. Its absolute junk.
This collection of snippets is disorganized and without support that deserves the name.
There is ONE youtube video, 2 years young describing an entirely different (older) version - which is completely different from what you get today - so 100% useless. Its all of 6 minutes "long" which says it all about this companies dedication to customer support and care.
Instead you find a page titled "we dont negotiate with terrorists" in which the "terrorist" is a disgrunteled customer who is arrogantly informed that -of course- no refund will ever be forthcoming.
(He is labeled a terrorist because he at one point mentions legal assistance)
If you EVER get thru the disorganized "documentation" (and according to them half a page is "extensive") with links to links to links to links - and then back to the first page... not even considering that its outdated, what you see there is NOT what you actually see on your screen, this is a bloody nightmare.
Should you then turn to the "forum", a primitive app that hardly deserves that name (uploading pics? nope, editing after submission? nope) and is fully controlled by the guys who just ripped you off a few hundret bucks (if you are lucky its less), you better bring patience, and a lot of it.
Yes, eventually someone will answer - but days will pass and the answer will likely only lead to another question because it is likely brief and will include VERBIAGE only insiders understand.
In short: nerds have programmed for nerds. that stuff should be ONLY freely available and even then it a TIMEWASTER.
Given another year of INTENSE development and total rewrite of all docs plus production of youtube howto videos this product may one day become what its advertising promises today - but until then buyer beware!!
About the 5-star reviews: one is admittedly by a company employee and the others are all from a very short period in early 2015. So I guess someone helped with the "upping". Check the creation date of the wordpress accounts against the submission date of the review. And compare the dates of all of the 5-star reviews.
I'm a fairly high-end user - having managed my own website(s) for a couple decades in HTML and several CMS platforms - but I'm not a programmer or web/IT professional, and that's what this extension requires. I spent hours and hours of my time on the technical side of my crowdfunding campaign when I should have been working on the promotion of it.
Definitely regret not going with a well-known, hosted platform. We are a hyper-local project (neighborhood, personal connection driven), so I figured I didn't need national reach and could save money and drive all web traffic to my own site by self-hosting. I ended up needing to by several extensions, including the Google-drive export when the Mailchimp integration inexplicably stopped updating. Between what I spent on the software and the enormous amount of time it took to get working, I saved no money and the web traffic to the campaign page, while one of the highest individual pages, wasn't amazing enough to make up for that.
All and all, I recommend only considering this extension if you are very technical. Not for the average wordpress user.
I am definitely upset about the false bait advertising. Tried a lot of time to find that out. See other posts in the forum.
WordPress people, please remove this plugin from wordpress.org!
This free plug in is just a demo there is no functions that work not even the payment work. You might as well put the donation from Pay pal and get the same functions. If you have no intention to uppgrade do not even look at this direction. If you do not belive me check the support here on wordpress.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.