1. I would love it to include a clean-looking spam filter
2. I would like to see all the comments from all sites in one collective tab. It's kind of weird that they're separate.
3. Nested comments would be great!
4. If I could have anything it would be combined with a sign-in with google feature for added spam protection (I tried to do this manually and it was hell.)
5. Thats it. Its beautiful and I love it. Mostly because I think Google is going to rule the world pretty soon and think the websites integrated with Google will be right there with them ruling it. Eventually you guys are going to have to create a way to integrate BuddyPress comments into Google Comments. ;)
Thank you Brandon.
This is a great work. As some have stated before, a consolidated view of the comments all at once would be more beneficial when it comes to a user-friendly experience.
One problem I found from my own experience is that with the HeatMap AdAptive Theme (and I saw other users having this problem with other themes, too) the counting of the comments does not work correctly since it only counts the WordPress comments.
Other than that, this plugin is one of the best ones I have seen. It is well designed, well coded and very clean. Next to this, the little problems and the fact that comments are separated into tabs seem to be "unimportant", so I give this a deserved 4.
Note: I can't understand, though, why people are so negative about the tabs thing since if not for this plugin, most people would be putting only one service on their blogs. It could be better thought to eliminate the tabs (or give the option to, which would be the perfect solution), but come on, this is great work, I hope the author keeps it up to this high level!
I love the plugin. It works perfectly on the reader's side, as far as letting people comment from their various other services. Currently, I'm only using Facebook and G+, as that is where most of my readers are. The plugin seems to integrate beautifully and seamlessly.
My complaints are few, but it would be wonderful if the developer could look into the following:
* Comment count... Apparently, only wordpress comments count toward the comment count, which is kind of frustrating. Would love to get a total comment count for my posts.
* Notifications... Currently, I get no notifications of comments from FB or G+, and that would be another handy thing to have available.
Any chance of these features being added in the future?
It's a great plugin. When the plugin is fully localized and the settings page is more user friendly, then I will call this a fantastic plugin. :)
It would also be good to get a total comment count from all comment types. But that maybe is hard to accomplish.
This plugin is extremely original and the best option for comments we've found right now. The only bad thing is that it isn't responsive yet, a functionality very important today and that some other G+ comments plugins already have.
Thanks a lot for the great work!
Brilliant idea and works nicely on my site. However, there are a few rough edges which I've logged as a support ticket. The developer does appear to be responding quickly to support queries which is good.
I would give 5/5 stars, but it needs more customizable options like CSS and frontend language.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.