The official AdSense Plugin, written by Google. Provides support for AdSense as well as Webmaster Tools.
It was working great this morning, then the rest of the day when I went to make changes it claimed my site loaded to slow for it to analyse. Then after refreshing, wp tells me my database has problems.
I setting plugin complete but it only work on frontpage. It not work on post and page different. And Location header it very bad.
It shows ads automatically on selected location. It should have option to select ads type.
I really loved this plugin at first and increased my CTR tremendously once I installed it. However, it would be nice if they made some modifications.
It would be nice if you could click a button the dashboard to remove adsense from individual posts like you can with individual pages. Since I have a mix of long posts and short posts on my site, and for long posts I prefer to have two ads in the general content area. However this looks really stupid and cluttered in the shorter 300-500 word posts since it almost always automatically posts HUGE ads instead of ones that would match the article size much better. In order to fix this it's either all or nothing, which is unfortunate.
Otherwise it's a handy plugin, but it won't solve the problem of ad blindness. It seems every time I try a new ad plugin, I get an increase clicks, and then after about 6 weeks no more clicks. This plugin gave me the highest boost I've ever seen, but likewise my regular visitors I guess are now ignoring the ads. So, these are a double-edged sword in my opinion.
The automatic insertion feature is incredibly useful, but it would be good to have more options for the ads, particularly the styling ability that does exist when generating code from the Ad Sense website. I'd like my automated text ads to fit in with the site theme better, but there's no way to change them at the moment.
It's just awesome, am obsessed about how ads might affect the site's appearance and this one makes the job so easy.
But, it still needs some work...
1. It appears that i identifies empty spaces relying on certain classes or id's, so options are limited for were to place the ad
2. no widget support
3. responsive themes seem to have a problem (I use hueman), adding specific options for each "screen" width would be much easier to manage.
Really impressed with the ease of adding adverts to a range of places within my website layout. I just had a couple of issues:
(1) It would only let me add adverts to my primary sidebar on the front page - none of the other templates (single post, single page etc) would allow me to add adverts to the sidebar.
(2) When you add an advert to your site using this plugin it creates the ad under the "My Ads" section of your Adesense account. However I couldn't see a way of knowing which advert listed on my "My Ads" section was which advert on the site, so I didn't know which advert to style in what way.
I like the idea - I would like it to work.
Not sure why, but the ads are not appearing on my site. It's just continuously working with the message 'read behappytips.com' at the bottom of the page. When I remove the plugin, my website loads just fine.
I love the idea of this plugin. Really appreciate Google trying to make third party use of it's services easier, but it definitely needs some work. Here are my complaints:
1. If you use WordPress' category structure to build your pages, applying ads to a page in this paradigm will automcatically apply it to other pages in the same category (i.e. page 1 and page 2 are in the same category, adding ads to page 1 adds them in the same place on page 2 automcatically). This would be totally fine if the ability to override changes at the page/post level were added.
2. Ads take a few minutes to populate. Pretty minor issue, but it would be helpful if this were brought to my attention when I published my ads.
3. This could be user error, but when I try to manually manipulate the adsense code on the page/post, I can't find it in the wp text editor. I could be looking in the wrong place, so it's possible this comment is invalid.
4. I don't see a way to select the ad that is generated. This is a problem if you want to track the performance of an individual ad campaign. Otherwise, you're flying blind when you use this plugin.
Still a useful plugin to get set up with ads quickly. Feed it your credentials, click a space on any given page, save and you're good. Excited to see future updates. Thanks, Google.
I tried this plugin on the new WordPress Twenty Fourteen theme... It worked wonderfully... Then I tried to use it with my old custom theme... Total failure... Does not work well... Cannot read page layout.
So, I guess it works with newer generation, updated wordpress framework themes only... I give it 3 out of 5 because it is a beta version, and things might improve...
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.