Works like a charm once you figure out how to go through maze setup by google API. Basic comes with plenty of standard features for simple calendar display and share. Also author provides great support even if you ask a dumb question. :)
After trying several different calendar plugins I found a recommendation for Simple Calendar on WPbeginner so I tried it out. It was up and running in less than 5 minutes and there were clear and concise instructions every step of the way. Thank you for providing this plugin!
Everybody and their momma uses Gmail. This makes managing calendars easy as pie. Manage your Google calendar.... and viola... it shows up on your website! Done!
I'm in love - in under 10 minutes I was able to display on my WordPress page a clean, well-styled Google Calendar!
I love the responsive design - great for the iPhone screens.
If you want to add a google calendar into your website this plugin is what you need. With the purchase of "Google Calendar Pro" add on and "FullCalendar" add on my life has become simplified.
Previous to this plugin I was having to log into my website dashboard at least once a week to update my calendar and change events around... what a pain in the a$$. Now with this plug-in, I am able to use my public google calendar and edit that calendar from any device and allow my peers to edit that calendar as well and those updates are auto pushed to my website! No more editing multiple calendars in multiple places... I now have one calendar to rule them all.
Simple and easy to use plugin. I had some modifications I wanted to make concerning font size etc and I was promptly helped by the creators! Very impressed!
It was just what I was looking for. You have to know Google API a little bit to setup this plugin.
When the connection to Google API is established it is easy to use. You can customize it to fit your website quite well but i've had some trouble to change to refresh interval but i can live with that.
This is exactly what we needed, but I needed to make a font size change that wasn't yet supported directly in the GUI. A line of CSS from the developer was quick and solved my issue. Thank you for a great plugin!
The things that set this apart from others for our needs:
- The ability to have multiple different calendars
- The ability to pull data automatically from multiple different Google Calendars
- The ability to have the calendar NOT open additional pages if we don't want them.
- The ability to display event titles that are not trimmed.
- The option to display multi-day events from Google Calendar as an event on individual days.
Suggestions for future additions:
- The ability for calendar data to be read, even when a page is cached. We cache files on a CDN due to about 3 million visitors per month. It seems I need to delete cached versions of pages with calendars to get them to update.
- An appearance option to change the font size of event descriptions in grid mode. This would permit us to have a different size for each calendar, rather than a global setting applied to all calendars. Some of our calendars have much longer event descriptions than others.
I needed a plugin that would sync my businesses google calendar to the website to show our schedule. This plugin was so easy to use and install, and after trying 3 others that either tried force me to pay for upgrades or simply didn't work, this plugin was perfect!
I used this plugin to display events from existing Google Calendars.
The display is cleverly done, especially in widget format when there are several events on one day. It loads so much quicker than an embedded Google Calendar.
At some point, there was a problem displaying grouped calendars. The developer followed the support thread closely and solved the issue in the following release.
Thanks a lot!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.