Ecwid is a full-featured shopping cart that can be added to any WordPress site in less than 5 minutes. Start using Ecwid for free today.
It's a solid plugin. Here's what it needs to get 5 stars:
• Better tax functionality. In Canada, food items are non-taxible...but the shipping still needs to be taxed.
• Combos - the ability to place a combination of products on sale together vrs. making a whole new product.
• Restrict product availability to certain regions. Allow customers to state their location or use location permissions to determine customer location and then restrict product offering.
• Ability to run two store fronts from the same inventory.
Otherwise it is a solid, dependable, and well documented plugin. It keeps getting better every month. Worth the money.
Generally speaking, Ecwid is great. It's easy to install and simple to use if you have straightforward inventory. Mine is a bit more complicated with wanting custom ordered inventory, multiple discounts or specialised discounts for a certain number of items from a category, options that Ecwid doesn't support. I'm using the paid version and it does MOST of what I need it to so I'd be happy to recommend it.
Tried a few plug ins and this one is one of the better ones.
I love the ease of this cart. I especially love it's social media integration. However, I do wish it had the capability for Gift Certificates to be purchased. Owning a retail business that can be very useful!!
Shortcode capability is nice. Developers continue to slowly improve and maintain the plugin.
Been using ecwid for 1 year now on a small shop site and also on a free site with even smaller shop. Not 5 or even 4 stars because of two reasons: 1. the silly links instead of human readable links in products.
2. Also I just discovered and I am not happy al all that if I Google on some products, Google gives only wrong websites-link http://www.xxxx.xx/winkel/#!/~/product/id=21114470 which gives an error-notification that I may not access the server. Nowhere in google search can I find good links to products on this website.
On the site itself this product-link says:
Nice plugin otherwise, will rate higher if Google problem is solved
Overall, this is a great tool. Quick and easy to set up with lots of fantastic features. To give it 5 stars I would like a couple of additions which are essential in a modern, multi-national business environment.
The first of these is the ability to have prices shown in whatever currency the potential customer would like, not just in £ sterling.
Secondly, almost everyone likes to be guided by reviews (hence why I'm writing this??) yet there is no facility for customers to add product reviews.
These two things are pretty major gaps, and I hope to see them addressed in future versions. If done, I would rate this plug-in as 5 stars without hesitation.
The free version is fair, but it's really worthwhile to pay for the fully featured version as it enhances the functionalities a great deal especially as it gives access to the live chat with customer service which is impeccable: very prompt and caring.
The only downside is that the support for multilingual website is still somehow incomplete in the checkout process.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.