Everything was going good. I was really impressed with this plugin.
Until I tested it some more.
When you search for ANYTHING with the word "download" contained in the search phrase it loads the wordpress download manager login form in the header of my site.
I dont have password or captcha all downloads are free on my site so I dont understand why it just started doing that. It does not do it for anything else unless the search phrase has "download" contained in the field.
These days, free versions of plugins are getting useless to force you to buy the premium version. THIS IS NOT THE CASE with WordPress download manager. You can use the fully functionnal free version and pay for advanced features. It's a good pluggin and the developper team reached a good balance between free offering and monetization options. Good job!
the free version works but if you need a commerce premium add-on, I don't recommend.
It did not work for me and no one is returning my emails requesting a refund.
It works well, thanks a lot
Using the free version everything looks fine. No problems found and works as expected. Thanks!
For now I think this is one of the best support plugin.
Continue the good work
This plugin really work!!!
I am not exaggerating when I say this plugin has given me THE WORST experience. I would HIGHLY advise anyone reading this to avoid this plugin (look at all of the negative reviews. No amount of 5-star reviews can justify the amount of 1-star reviews). Here are a few reasons why you need to avoid this plugin:
1. The support is disgustingly terrible. Yes, the support is nearly non-existent, and when you do get some support, it's always rude or short responses that vaguely answer the question you asked.
2. The moment I installed the plugin, my entire side turned upside-down inside-out. Literally, this plugins code severely conflicted with my themes plugin (was using Theme X). I have never had a plugin conflict with a themes plugin so much - I had to immediately uninstall it. I then went to the "support" forums and posted my question/concern. It took 5 days for Shaon to respond, and the only reason he responded was because I was asking for a refund. That brings me to my next point...
3. They don't give refunds. Here's what it says in their Terms and Conditions about refunds: "As we are offering non-tangible digital goods, we do not generally issue refunds after the purchase has been made. We will be happy to consider a refund within the first 30 days of your purchase if you are unable to get the plugin to install properly on your website or if the plugin fails to perform the basic functions as designed and you have worked with the product support team to try to resolve these issues. Refunds will be granted at the sole discretion of W3 Eden. No refunds will be given after 30 days from the initial purchase. Please note that by purchasing the plugin, you agree to the terms of the Refund Policy." It says "refunds will be granted at the sole discretion of W3 Eden" this means you are likely not getting a refund even if you meet the Terms and Conditions criteria.
4. Need more support? Check out their documentation... which is also nearly non-existent. Don't believe me? Check out the other 1-star reviews where users complain about their 5 article documentation (for the record, most great plugins have 100s of articles).
5. The coding in this plugin is SLOPPY. And I believe this is partially the reason so many things on my website got messed up when I installed this plugin. Are you an experienced coder and willing to dive into the code files? Good luck. There is no structure whatsoever in their files. I can't imagine they have any coding standards like most good companies do that create plugins.
If I shouldn't use WordPress Download Manager, what should I use? I'm glad you asked. There are several great plugins that ACTUALLY work well and give great support. To name a few; Simple File Downloader, WP Filebase, Easy Digital Downloads, Ultimate Membership Pro (has a built in file restriction feature and download manager), File Manager Pro... there are dozens of other options. Just avoid this one.
I have already emailed their support (which is probably just Shaon and maybe one other faceless person) 5 times requesting a refund. They have not responded to a single email. They prefer short-term profit over long term customer loyalty... and any good business person knows this is not a good way to do business. They are lairs, cheaters, and bad coders. Shaon will post a comment to this review trying to defend himself, and that's fine. If you choose to download this plugin, you will soon be writing a bad review like the rest of us and be out $90 (if you purchased any of the Pro plugins like I did). Never again will I do business with W3 Eden (the maker of this plugin) or recommend ANY of my many clients and readers to use them.
*Note: If I ever do get a refund, I will update the refund portion of this review. But I hardly expect that to happen.
1. Heavyweight Plugin, with tooo much not needed features and too much promotion in the admin area.
2. Doesnt looks good with Zerif Life, button is terrible placed. What a pitty.
3. Unfortunetly still the best plugin to protect downloads against others.
Thank you for your great product. It works like a charm.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.