Connections Business Directory is an easy to use directory plugin to create an addressbook, business directory, staff directory or church directory.
The plugin is loaded with features and options not available in the great majority of products.
The service is first rate. Steven is almost perfect. He provides great results. Hard to find people in business with his skill, drive and support. I recommend almost perfect because his work is as good as you will find. He earns it.
Had a few presales and set up questions, author was prompt to reply and got me the answers needed immediately. Great Service!
I tried one dozen of plugins to create a directory of best addresses for a local blog and the plugin Connections Pro + related plugins or widgets was the best solution, from far.
Also, the support was very responsive and nice. They event solved a recurring problem we had on the blog that blocked many other plugins.
Thanks again. Great job!
Great plugin, great support, highly recommend!
This is a perfect plugin for our school's staff directory. We had a problem that was no fault of the plugin but rather with our theme. Steven quickly found the issue and gave me the solution. Highly recommended.
I had a coding problem and Steven went out of his way over the weekend to find the problem and give me solution!
I am sure I will turn back to him for help.
By the way the Connections templates have worked perfectly to give us a new look and to help promote local businesses.
Greatly appreciated Steven
This is a great directory plugin. What makes it great is more than a few things:
- It has sooooo many options including templates and plugins that extend the functionality. Some you pay for, some not but they're all worth it.
- The support is amazing. Steve Zahm is a force of nature and answers all questions with precision and grace.
- The one feature I needed above all else was here. It was the ability to allow me to create listings and have users login and claim them. I've seen this feature in other Business Directories but not in something like this which allows you create a member directory that doesn't look like a real estate listing. I created this for a dojo client and they needed a more personal look to the listing pages than a normal business directory. With Connections and Link (plugin) I was able to create all the entries and then allow the users to register, login and claim their listing to fill in more detail. Brilliant!
- Connections has a ton of shortcodes and str_ functions that allow you to modify the template - PLUS - you can even set a different template for each category of user. So, if I wanted to, I could set the display to be different for different types of user (Individual, Org, Family.)
- ALSO, I was able to put different pages up with different types of templated output. So the SLIM template, which is basically a list of names (that expands), is on one page and the main directory (EXCERPT template) is another page. Both look great.
- So far, this is one of the most well-behaved plugins I've used. It's so well coded that it doesn't cause other issues with the core or plugins and I'm also using a Gantry-template that loves this plugin. Plus there's setting to assure that it doesn't conflict with JS, jQuery or CSS.
I could go on and on but let me close by saying this was a great find for me. I was and am thrilled. I would you would be too!
The URL of the site is http://www.yudansha.org but it's not live yet (as of 2014.10.28) but if you're interested check back in a few weeks.
Support this plugin - it's great!
Great plugins and very good and friendly support. I purchased the full package and I used pretty much all the modules for different projects.
I am receiving amazing support from Steve.
I'm not sure if this is Steve's full-time gig or not, but he responds amazingly fast, and he's a gentleman. Patient, too. I barely know html let alone short codes, but I have no fear of not knowing the stuff.
He shows me what to do and it works.
Best support I've ever had from a Plugin Developer.
Having bought Gravity Forms, I thought the obvious thing to do was ditch Connections and use the Gravity Forms Directory - Big mistake!
After trying GFD and then forking out on Gravity View, I ended up coming back to Connections and buying the excellent "Extension Pro pack". Really good value for money and a pricing model that is much better suited to WordPress developers like myself.
Connections and its add-on packages are excellent, easy to use and extremely adaptable. Best of all, the email support provided by Steven is prompt, friendly and genuinely helpful. I'll be seeking out his plug-ins from now on.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.