I loved it!
What else can I say.
While testing, I always take notes so that I can reference back. Here are my notes:
1. Capability Manager Enhanced - By Jordi Canals, Kevin Behrens (4.9 - stars)
• There is one page of settings which are EXTREMELY easy to understand and use.
• You can quickly create, delete, or clone any current role and name it whatever you want!
• Gut feeling: Besides the UI, this is a 10!
2. WPFront User Role Editor - (4.8 - stars)
• Creates a new custom post type called Roles.
• First Notification: "Menu walker class is overriden by a theme/plugin. Current value = UM_Menu_Item_Custom_Fields_Walker. Navigation menu permissions may still work. More information." Not cool.
• This plugin is very advanced and creates numerous tabs with separate sub tabs.
• Gut feeling: Possibly the most powerful but most difficult to use plugin out of the bunch.
3. Advanced Access Manager - by WP AAM (3.7 stars)
• The UI of the plugin is terrible.
• The lists for each item are roughly 10 deep and you have to click thru pagination to get to the different lists. Not cool.
• Gut feeling: Not what I'm looking for.
4. User Role Editor - by Vladimir Garagulya (4.7 stars)
• The plugin too complex with settings under both Users and Settings.
• The UI is poorly designed.
• Nothing I have seen even comes close to Capability Manager Enhanced. Members by Justin Tadlock is close, but that plugin is bloatware compared to Capability Manager Enhanced.
• Gut feeling: Not a chance (07-15-15).
Works like charm.
Does what it says and does it very well. Rock solid plugin with neat features to manage roles with a nice user friendly interface. Thanks!
Been having a nightmare for the whole day trying to get custom groups setup with several other plugins and been ripping my hair out.
This did exactly what I needed in about 30 seconds after installing it.
Awesome plugin, thank you so much, and like the title says, love you for making this ;)
Thumbs up! This plugin is very handy and gives you a lot of great possibilities to manage your wordpress-installation.
A special thank to its developer!
I had a conflict between BBPress and S2Member with capabilities. This plugin fixed the problem! Many thanks to the author for developing this!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.