I downloaded this to decrease the time it would take to manage my users. However, the errors and issues that keep coming up is not worth the overall time.
Had issues with admins not being able to access stories, not being able to edit a user's status.
Sure, either changing a person's status or de-activating the plug-in would allow me to get things done, but that is more time consuming. Decided to remove the plug-in, since it is causing more issues than problems it was solving.
David - AirlineReporter
I loved it!
What else can I say.
While testing, I always take notes so that I can reference back. Here are my notes:
1. Capability Manager Enhanced - By Jordi Canals, Kevin Behrens (4.9 - stars)
• There is one page of settings which are EXTREMELY easy to understand and use.
• You can quickly create, delete, or clone any current role and name it whatever you want!
• Gut feeling: Besides the UI, this is a 10!
2. WPFront User Role Editor - (4.8 - stars)
• Creates a new custom post type called Roles.
• First Notification: "Menu walker class is overriden by a theme/plugin. Current value = UM_Menu_Item_Custom_Fields_Walker. Navigation menu permissions may still work. More information." Not cool.
• This plugin is very advanced and creates numerous tabs with separate sub tabs.
• Gut feeling: Possibly the most powerful but most difficult to use plugin out of the bunch.
3. Advanced Access Manager - by WP AAM (3.7 stars)
• The UI of the plugin is terrible.
• The lists for each item are roughly 10 deep and you have to click thru pagination to get to the different lists. Not cool.
• Gut feeling: Not what I'm looking for.
4. User Role Editor - by Vladimir Garagulya (4.7 stars)
• The plugin too complex with settings under both Users and Settings.
• The UI is poorly designed.
• Nothing I have seen even comes close to Capability Manager Enhanced. Members by Justin Tadlock is close, but that plugin is bloatware compared to Capability Manager Enhanced.
• Gut feeling: Not a chance (07-15-15).
Works like charm.
Does what it says and does it very well. Rock solid plugin with neat features to manage roles with a nice user friendly interface. Thanks!
Been having a nightmare for the whole day trying to get custom groups setup with several other plugins and been ripping my hair out.
This did exactly what I needed in about 30 seconds after installing it.
Awesome plugin, thank you so much, and like the title says, love you for making this ;)
Thumbs up! This plugin is very handy and gives you a lot of great possibilities to manage your wordpress-installation.
A special thank to its developer!
I had a conflict between BBPress and S2Member with capabilities. This plugin fixed the problem! Many thanks to the author for developing this!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.