- It has the worst UI ever seen.
- It replaced the whole .htacess file and occupy it, it removed other plugins settings (like AIO Security & wordfense) and even the original WordPress code without asking for approval or permission and didn't show enough details about what it was intended to do.
Was looking at installing this for a test drive, but after seeing how the representative throws his dummy out of the pram if a bad review is published, decided to delete it instead.
Dear Bulletproof Security,
Choose your customer service staff a little more wisely!
Hi, i installed this plugin and after running the setup wizard the website wasn't available anymore. Can I just delete the plugin via ftp access?
This plugin works really well (I use it on all 7 sites that I administer), but the user interface could really use an update. It is a bit of a guessing game sometimes to understand what you are doing - this could be simplified into a more fool-proof experience, like clicking two or three checkboxes and one apply button. Clarification through contextual information is vital!
When it works, I'm sure it's providing great protection, but it conflicts with everything - it doesn't break anything beyond repair but it constantly needs to be re-activated. It hasn't messed anything up for me but I'll be randomly doing things in the WP admin - things that don't touch .htaccess like editing a blog post - and all of a sudden it pops up saying my site is no longer secured by BPS.
When that happens I have to:
1) Click a button in BPS Security
2) Click a radio button, then another button in BPS Security.
3) Click another radio button, then another button in BPS Security.
4) Change the permissions for .htaccess so W3 Total Cache can redeploy, since re-activating BPS de-activates W3 Total Cache.
5) Click a button to redeploy W3 Total Cache.
Nevermind that it takes 3 steps to activate this thing every time, there are many more hoops to jump through. After 3 months of dealing with this, it's just not worth it. There are easier alternatives.
Yes, this is a good idea, but after I have installed it gives me a "Error connecting to the database" issue.
After using the BPS free version and liking it thoroughly, I upgraded to the Pro version. The upgrade was not even close to smooth. There are like a thousand warnings and settings you need to change to get this to work. Updating it is also turning into a nightmarr.
Although I like the peace of mind the plugin provides, the setup shouldn't be this complicated.
It would be easier if the developers include a strong basic setup option to start with and advanced users can go change settings they care about. For a started like me, the settings look like gibberish. I am sure they are important but when you don't understand, you would like the expert to setup the plugin for free by default.
Have thought about going back to free version a couple of time...
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.