Some kind of comment/chat feature within the documents is a BIG absence. Without it, group editing is VERY primitive. I want to look at a document and see the presence of multiple editors, see who's made each revision, and have an easily useable chat/comment feature as well (some way of commenting ON the revisions). Yup, I teach writing...
It's still great in lots of ways, but if you pitch it as a rival to the Big G, I feel it's fair to point out why (unfortunately) it doesn't compete for my purposes.
Plug in works but the text is not formatting properly.
How do i add a screenshot??
The plugin is very good but does not support comments in documents. This is a very important feature that should not be missed
This plugin worked great for a few days but now, when you click to Add a Doc from the BuddyPress menu, a page displays "Sorry, no content matched your criteria." and there is no place for a subscriber to share docs.
Feature requests - possibly for a premium version
1) 'Upload doc (possibly .docx?)' without having to create the document on the website first. Could be useful if a group mod wants to upload a document to a group.
2) Include a widget or a shortcode to allow more flexibility in where the creation of document can take place. Also make sure the widget / shortcode is very simple. Only the most basics are needed - i.e. Heading and Text Editor and no more. In the shortcode or widget settings you should be able to define document access. A second shortcode could be for 'attachments' and a third for 'tags' a fourth for 'parent'.
3) Allow synchronization if the BuddyPress has a Dropbox account e.g.
I believe these 3 things would make this plugin even greater and more useful.
After doing more testing I found that:
* auto-save is not working correctly with BuddyBoss Social Learner theme.
* major drain on server resources - discussed in support forums.
* inconsistent update of docs. Sometimes shared docs are not saved correctly.
* also agree with previous reviewer. Inline commenting system would be a good addition.
I have since found a possible alternative plugin which I am currently looking into.
I've been using this plugin on an Intranet-type website for about a month now. It works like a charm with great BP integration. If I could suggest a few things to make a good plugin great, it would be:
However, for a free plugin, this is good and very useful.
Great but a view tree with child docs will be excellent
Super mais des améliorations peuvent être encore faite, comme créer une vue de l'arborescence des documents enfants serait un grand plus pour le classement des documents
Does not work with current version of wp
BuddyPress Docs is a great plugin to organize the collaboration around the document.
I really like the way users can view the history of the document.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.