Autoptimize speeds up your website and helps you save bandwidth by aggregating and minimizing JS, CSS and HTML.
While it does a good job overall, it introduces its own generated CSS code which shows up as blocking CSS resource in Google PageSpeed test result. Also puts in JS script which needs to be minified as per Google PageSpeed. See the screenshot. How can these lines be removed to improve score?
Thanks for this great work!!!
Optimizing is always tricky... nothing is going to work 100% of the time, but Autoptimize gets pretty close. You'll very likely need to do some tinkering, but once you do this plugin is well worth it (I'm seeing a pretty decent page speed difference).
If you have a plugin installed on a page that is breaking via autoopotimize, it is easy to "comment out" with noptimize (see documentation) as well as have it ignore certain filetypes etc.
Excellent! It took me configure the plugin, some things were corrupted and other things were not very well explained, after a few hours of consultation and testing, everything works perfectly. Now my Web goes like a bullet.
Wp 3.9.1, Mesocolum theme, WP Super Cache, WooCommerce, BudyPress, and many more plugins served in 2 seconds.
I recommend this supplement with WP Super Cache.
Woo! It optimized my site at the click of a button vs days (maybe weeks) of doing it file by file while also juggling my other responsibilities: it reduced the number of requests by almost half, knocked off 2/2.5 seconds from load time, and bumped our Page Speed score up by a whole grade point. All this without any major compatibility issues. Now that I've used it once, I can hardly imagine setting up another site without it.
I combined this plugin with w3 total cache, cloudflare and smush.it
Before I only used cloudflare & smush.it and the results where as followed:
pagespeed insights: desktop- 90/100 mobile- 77/100
Page size: 424.8kB – Load time: 503ms – Requests: 27 – Perf. grade: 91/100
pagespeed insights: desktop- 94/100 mobile- 84/100
pingdom: 309.1kB – Load time: 225ms – Requests: 26 – Perf. grade: 95/100
More than halved the Load time so I'm happy. I didn's used al the options so I think i could improve more.
This is probably the best plugin to increase page speed scores. But enabling makes my site load slower than without Autoptimize. It only took 2 sec. to load but with autoptimize, it now takes 8 sec. to load.
I have just installed and done the basic configuration and I have improved my blog performance at Page Speed Insights in 8 points more or less.
I've been looking recently at optimisation plugins because my rating on http://www.webpagetest.org/ was pretty poor. After installing this plugin my Compress Transfer rating went from an F to a C, so this is clearly doing something right!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.