A while ago I installed this plugin pre-emptively, because I planned to use Adsense, but I wasn't using it yet. A few days ago an error message appeared on my dashboard:
"Attention: Google AdSense by BestWebSoft plugin was updated to use Google AdSense API, which is not compatible with the old settings. For further plugin usage, you will need to re-configure it."
I ignored it, seeing that I wasn't making use of it yet. Shortly after I switched servers which went well for like three days. Then yesterday, I was suddenly kicked out of the dashboard and was unable to log back into the back end. My users were also affected. Entering the password would cause the Limit Login plugin to show an error message: wrong password, despite the fact that I used an automated plugin via cookie. After I got myself blocked by my own site, I removed Limit Login, only to find that now I would be presented with an error message telling me to login...after entering the correct password.
I had to remove the plugins one by one to narrow it down to the most unlikely plugin that was actually causing this mess: this one. Uninstalling it also proved to be unnecessarily difficult. I didn't want to do it via FTP, but through WordPress itself so that the plugin could clean up properly after itself, including the database entries it created.
Of course, moving it back into the plugins-folder caused the aforementioned error, so I had to deactivate the plugin manually by editing the database. Afterwards I was able to uninstall it. And what do you know? It still didn't clean up properly after itself, leaving a "bstwbsftwppdtplgns_options" entry in wp_options behind and who knows what else...
This plugin leaves much to be desired. Seeing that it screwed up my site for hours and cost me an entire evening even though I didn't even use it, shows quite a lack of quality. Why does a plugin that is supposed to show ads mess with the password system or any back end phps in the first place? And no, I wasn't using an Adblocker on my own site.
Goes to show that one shouldn't install something that isn't being used right away. Would have saved me quite some trouble.
This use to be a great plugin, still the newest version that is. None of ads show on my website now.
This is a terrible plugin. Very hard to control where ads will display. Breaks most design themes and impossible to uninstall like ALL the other comments has said. We've had an easier time removing viruses and spamware.
To top it off, support is slow and condescending - You must be an idiot replies from them, because our plugin is perfect and you're an idiot which is why it doesn't work for you.
With so many other plugins for Adsense available, DO NOT CHOOSE this one from Websoft. Actually, I would question any product service or app from this company "BestWebSoft.
I had no ads on my site, and when i go to the support and read the same problem in other people, the response it's allways the same and nothing it's solved.
I installed the plugin.
When I activated it, I got nothing but errors.
I uninstalled it.
This was a waste of time.
The options are too limited. There are only a couple of places where I can place my ad.
Stay away from this plugin!
I should have read the review before installing it. I have no idea how to get rid of it. The developer should be banned from WordPress.
Got it working...meh....went to remove...what a pain in the butt. This might as well be wordpress adware.....awful...terrible...wish I'd read the reviews before I installed. Have to FTP in to get rid of this garbage.
Doesn't support responsive ads. Very limited in functionality and the interface is so much worse than the actual Google AdSense interface.
And on top of all that - you can't even uninstall it via WordPress. This one is a pain - hands off!
no way to deinstall it easily
and it doesn t even work well
do not install that
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.