This plugin works very well, does what it says it does, is easy to use, and stable... What more could you ask for?
Все просто и понятно
Simples e eficiente.
A while ago I installed this plugin pre-emptively, because I planned to use Adsense, but I wasn't using it yet. A few days ago an error message appeared on my dashboard:
"Attention: Google AdSense by BestWebSoft plugin was updated to use Google AdSense API, which is not compatible with the old settings. For further plugin usage, you will need to re-configure it."
I ignored it, seeing that I wasn't making use of it yet. Shortly after I switched servers which went well for like three days. Then yesterday, I was suddenly kicked out of the dashboard and was unable to log back into the back end. My users were also affected. Entering the password would cause the Limit Login plugin to show an error message: wrong password, despite the fact that I used an automated plugin via cookie. After I got myself blocked by my own site, I removed Limit Login, only to find that now I would be presented with an error message telling me to login...after entering the correct password.
I had to remove the plugins one by one to narrow it down to the most unlikely plugin that was actually causing this mess: this one. Uninstalling it also proved to be unnecessarily difficult. I didn't want to do it via FTP, but through WordPress itself so that the plugin could clean up properly after itself, including the database entries it created.
Of course, moving it back into the plugins-folder caused the aforementioned error, so I had to deactivate the plugin manually by editing the database. Afterwards I was able to uninstall it. And what do you know? It still didn't clean up properly after itself, leaving a "bstwbsftwppdtplgns_options" entry in wp_options behind and who knows what else...
This plugin leaves much to be desired. Seeing that it screwed up my site for hours and cost me an entire evening even though I didn't even use it, shows quite a lack of quality. Why does a plugin that is supposed to show ads mess with the password system or any back end phps in the first place? And no, I wasn't using an Adblocker on my own site.
Goes to show that one shouldn't install something that isn't being used right away. Would have saved me quite some trouble.
Best option I found after reviewing a handful of WordPress ad management plugins. Haven't used it long-term yet, but the free version let me sync with a Google AdSense account, insert ads to the top and bottom of posts, and insert ad widgets into the sidebars, all through a solid interface.
Since there were some 1-star reviews from people who report being unable to uninstall it, I tested uninstalling it before settling on using it, and had no issues myself. This was version 1.37 on WordPress 4.3.1.
All that I need it to be!
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.