Title: xfx's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# xfx

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Rating-Widget: Star Review System] [Plugin: Rating-Widget] Plugin doesnt save options](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-rating-widget-plugin-doesnt-save-options/)
 *  [xfx](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/)
 * (@xfx)
 * [15 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-rating-widget-plugin-doesnt-save-options/#post-1863624)
 * Hi svovaf,
 * Well, what I did was:
 * – Using the Plugins->Editor in WordPress I loaded the rating-widget.php file
 * – Then, I modified the following code:
    `RW.init("<?php echo WP_RW__USER_KEY;?
   >");`
 *  And changed it for this:
 *     ```
       RW.init("<?php echo WP_RW__USER_KEY; ?>",{
       beforeRate: function(vote, rating){
       if (!is_logged_in()){
       return false;
       }else{
       return get_user_id();
       }
       }
       });
       RW.render();
       ```
   
 * Again, the only way I could get the plugin to work again was by uninstalling 
   it and then re-installing it.
 * One thing I did though was to check the values on the database and although the
   values were correctly set, the plugin always used the default values and didn’t
   save any changes.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Rating-Widget: Star Review System] [Plugin: Rating-Widget] Plugin doesnt save options](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-rating-widget-plugin-doesnt-save-options/)
 *  [xfx](https://wordpress.org/support/users/xfx/)
 * (@xfx)
 * [15 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-rating-widget-plugin-doesnt-save-options/#post-1863621)
 * I tried to implement the “Forcing log-in before rating” code change and it didn’t
   work. I was able to rate without being logged in.
 * Then I noticed that the widget stopped saving any changes.
    So I had to uninstall
   it and re-install it to get it to work.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)