Title: wpallthetime's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# wpallthetime

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPLP Cookie Consent – Cookie Banner & Consent Management for GDPR, CCPA & Google Consent Mode] Color of Cookie Settings Options](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/color-of-cookie-settings-options/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [11 months, 3 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/color-of-cookie-settings-options/#post-18687018)
 * Thanks, that’s all I need on this. It’ll be very useful to have the separate 
   configurations for this since the colors usually picked for buttons don’t work
   very well for the entire settings dialog.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPLP Cookie Consent – Cookie Banner & Consent Management for GDPR, CCPA & Google Consent Mode] wpl_viewed_cookie recreated every page refresh](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpl_viewed_cookie-recreated-every-page-refresh/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [11 months, 4 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpl_viewed_cookie-recreated-every-page-refresh/#post-18679704)
 * Also this seems to be a related bug:
   1. Accept All2. Then click on Cookie Settings(
   the floating icon)3. Click the X and the entire banner shows up again (instead
   of just Cookie Settings)
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Gridzone] Missing bullets in custom html widget](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-bullets-in-custom-html-widget/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-bullets-in-custom-html-widget/#post-12949019)
 * The site’s not public yet. If I can DM you, then I could possibly setup a temp
   public site. But that would take some time and the result is pretty consistent
   and I tried another of your themes too (Enspire).
 * In Gridzone it was in Normal full width sidebar. I just go to Widgets, choose
   Custom HTML, copy and pasted this and saved.
 * <html>
    <head> </head> <body> <p class=”test”>Test</p>
    -  <p class=”testb”>Bullet test1</p>
    -  <p class=”testb”>Bullet test1</p>
 * <p class=”test”>stuff</p>
    </body>
 * Also tried it in Enspire in Frontpage Top 1 and same results. I may roll out 
   with Enspire and then check out some of your other ones (you’ve got some pretty
   cool ones). So hopefully the fix would apply to any of your themes.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Enspire] Bullets not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bullets-not-working-3/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bullets-not-working-3/#post-12884505)
 * Update – if I use the Text widget I get the same results. It’ll show the bullets
   in the customize window in the Widget, but on the page it shows no bullets.
 * Other formatting works (bold, italic). Linking sort of works – the link is there
   so I can click on it, but it’s not underlined or visible in any way.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Enspire] How to add posts to widgets?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-add-posts-to-widgets/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-add-posts-to-widgets/#post-12868109)
 * Ok got it figured out, I needed to add the Axl Extensions plug in.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Elementor Website Builder - more than just a page builder] Add page takes me to preview of my web page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-page-takes-me-to-preview-of-my-web-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-page-takes-me-to-preview-of-my-web-page/#post-12812037)
 * Hi, it’s been about a week and wondering if anyone from Elementor could please
   answer this or provide some help. Would really like to use this plug-in.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Responsive table without a plug in?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/responsive-table-without-a-plug-in/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/responsive-table-without-a-plug-in/#post-12741060)
 * Thanks for setting me straight Joy – I’m still learning so your answer helps.
   I now understand the theme is responsible for adjusting thumbnails sizes. With
   an Image Gallery this was happening. When I made a block with columns it wasn’t
   so at least it’s clear where the problem lies.
 * Since the table question is answered, I’ll mark this resolved and do some more
   digging and open up another question to try and resolve my underlying problem.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Jetpack - WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth] Image Gallery with links to other pages?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-gallery-with-links-to-other-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-gallery-with-links-to-other-pages/#post-12740328)
 * Hey supernovia, what a fantastic response, thank you! I haven’t looked at those
   github pages but will start to use those for research. And I will note the request
   there.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Jetpack - WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth] Image Gallery with links to other pages?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-gallery-with-links-to-other-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-gallery-with-links-to-other-pages/#post-12735217)
 * Well, maybe I’m just tired but I realized I can just add an image as a thumbnail
   to a page so that solves my problem.
 * I don’t know of a way to delete a question so am just putting the answer here…
   also if there happens to be a way to do this with Jetpack I’d still like to know
   that. Otherwise I’ll just mark this as resolved.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Strategy for child/parent themes](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/strategy-for-child-parent-themes/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/strategy-for-child-parent-themes/#post-12734948)
 * Thanks Joy. Your response makes sense and that’s fine I’ll just do it manually,
   it’s still a little easier than without child theme.
 * Also what you wrote makes me want to double check if I’m not missing a nuance.
   I thought that other than functions.php and the stylesheet, I’m should copy other
   PHP files per this: “any file you add to your child theme will overwrite the 
   same file in the parent theme.”
 * If e.g. I copy header.php from parent to child and add to it, then when parent
   updates, I still need to hunt for my additions and copy into the new header.php(
   in parent) and then copy that back to child folder. Is that right?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Cookie error when logging in](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cookie-error-when-logging-in-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cookie-error-when-logging-in-2/#post-12734607)
 * Thanks Otto – I suspected it wasn’t a good situation to leave that in there. 
   Could you share any pointers to troubleshooting docs to figure this out?
 * I’ve tried basics like:
 * * Removing plug-ins and am not really sure what else changed other than upgrading
   to recent version of WordPress.
    * I turned on logging but am not getting any
   error messages. * Added my site to the browser’s don’t block cookie list (doesn’t
   make a difference).
 * After the failure, I can refresh the page and I’m logged in. So the error message
   seems like a red herring, and I could live with it but it’s rather annoying. 
   Note the site is not https.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] What is Custom {“order_id in Paypal order?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-is-custom-order_id-in-paypal-order/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-is-custom-order_id-in-paypal-order/#post-12728696)
 * Luckily Stackoveflow can provide the answer – [https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60234467/remove-the-custom-argument-from-paypal-transaction-details](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60234467/remove-the-custom-argument-from-paypal-transaction-details)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Missing Order Comments](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-order-comments/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-order-comments/#post-12685491)
 * To add to this, with the above change I can still see it on the initial checkout
   page if I follow that flow. But if I move it from form-shipping then it isn’t
   saving.
 * What in form-shipping is making WooCommerce know to save the text as the right
   field. It must not be saving it to the database.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] How to display Order_Comments in Checkout?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-display-order_comments-in-checkout/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-display-order_comments-in-checkout/#post-12670159)
 * I did some more testing. Please disregard the echo comment in my last post. It
   just shows up twice because because it’s ‘mytest’ into the woocommerce_review_order_before_order_total
   section.
 * I was able to edit payment.php so that this is inserted:
 * <h3><?php esc_html_e( ‘Additional information’, ‘woocommerce’ ); ?></h3>
 * Right before this existing line:
 * <div id=”payment” class=”woocommerce-checkout-payment”>
    <?php if ( WC()->cart-
   >needs_payment() ) : ?>
 * And it still shows me Additional information twice.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] How to display Order_Comments in Checkout?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-display-order_comments-in-checkout/)
 *  Thread Starter [wpallthetime](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/)
 * (@wpallthetime)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-display-order_comments-in-checkout/#post-12668582)
 * Hey Joey, thanks for your comment, it helped me realize I was referring to the
   wrong page. I’m looking at a Checkout page but it’s the one after user clicks
   on PayPayl, completes they’re info and returns to a screen that looks like this:
   [https://snipboard.io/Q4ujwe.jpg](https://snipboard.io/Q4ujwe.jpg)
 * If I had an easy reference page that shows me hooks in relation to this it would’ve
   helped me. So far all I’ve found (which are good, but don’t think describe page
   I’m looking at are: [https://jeroensormani.com/ultimate-guide-to-woocommerce-checkout-fields/](https://jeroensormani.com/ultimate-guide-to-woocommerce-checkout-fields/)
   and [https://www.tychesoftwares.com/woocommerce-checkout-page-hooks-visual-guide-with-code-snippets/](https://www.tychesoftwares.com/woocommerce-checkout-page-hooks-visual-guide-with-code-snippets/)
 * My site isn’t ready so I’d prefer not to share it with public so hopefully you
   can help with this last steps as I’ve made progress.
 * I was able to copy this section from form-shipping.php to payment.php:
 * <div class=”woocommerce-additional-fields”>
    <?php do_action( ‘woocommerce_before_order_notes’,
   $checkout ); ?> <?php if ( apply_filters( ‘woocommerce_enable_order_notes_field’,‘
   yes’ === get_option( ‘woocommerce_enable_order_comments’, ‘yes’ ) ) ) : ?> <?
   php if ( ! WC()->cart->needs_shipping() || wc_ship_to_billing_address_only() ):?
   > <h3><?php esc_html_e( ‘Additional information’, ‘woocommerce’ ); ?></h3> <?
   php endif; ?> <div class=”woocommerce-additional-fields__field-wrapper”> <?php
   foreach ( $checkout->get_checkout_fields( ‘order’ ) as $key => $field ) : ?> 
   <?php woocommerce_form_field( $key, $field, $checkout->get_value( $key ) ); ?
   > <?php endforeach; ?> </div> <?php endif; ?> <?php do_action( ‘woocommerce_after_order_notes’,
   $checkout ); ?> </div>
 * There are two problems:
 * 1. It shows up below my order table and I’d like it to show up below the Phone#.
   I think I just have it in the wrong php but per above, can’t tell what the right
   one is (if there was a visual page of the flow it’d help) – can you tell me which
   page it is?
 * 2. It shows up duplicated – it has Additional Info and below that Order comments
   field, and then right below that it shows Additional Info and below that Order
   comments field.
 * When I was troubleshooting, I tried to add some text via functions.php:
 * add_action( ‘woocommerce_review_order_before_order_total’, ‘my_test’, 10, 1 );
   
   function my_test($order){ echo ‘mytest’; }
 * And this also shows up twice on that page, so seems like something else is causing
   this. Hopefully you or someone can test the code above and confirm where to put
   it so it shows on this post payment but before placing order page. It seems like
   this would be a common scenario (if I click PayPal button directly from an item
   in my shop it’ll take the user to this 2nd part of the checkout (where Order 
   Comments are not shown) and not the initial part where Order Comments are shown).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/wpallthetime/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)