Title: whygareth's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# whygareth

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sessions] Session remains active after automatic logout due to inactivity](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/)
 *  Thread Starter [whygareth](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/)
 * (@whygareth)
 * [3 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/#post-16763712)
 * Hi Pierre, sorry for the late reply, unfortunately in the console I can’t register
   the automatic logout as I do for the manual logout and I don’t see any error…
   anyway I want to take advantage of the data provided by the plugin and I’m testing
   a solution that destroys the session by comparing the timestamp of the ‘session_idle’
   with the current one. The problem I’m having though is that the session is not
   actually destroyed at the end of the chosen idle time but is only destroyed if
   idle time has reached the limit AND ALSO STANDARD EXPIRE has reached the limit…
   isn’t that strange?
 * Ps one suggestion to improve the plugin could be to reduce the standard expire
   of the session cookie with smaller intervals like 15min, 30min etc.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sessions] Session remains active after automatic logout due to inactivity](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/)
 *  Thread Starter [whygareth](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/)
 * (@whygareth)
 * [3 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/#post-16757328)
 * Yes I confirm that there is traffic on the site and Decalog is active, the live
   console is working. I entered a custom cron to verify that it is working properly
   and everything is ok.
 * If possible also, what do you mean by “Are you able to do that and check what
   message is logged when Sessions runs the garbage collector?”? In the console 
   under “Error” nothing is loaded.
 * I noticed at the bottom of the page this wording, could it be about the problem?
   “
   APCu is not available on your server. To use high peformance storage mechanism
   you must activate apcu PHP module.”
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sessions] Session remains active after automatic logout due to inactivity](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/)
 *  Thread Starter [whygareth](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/)
 * (@whygareth)
 * [3 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/#post-16756851)
 * Thank you very much, I made a new attempt by setting an idle expire time to 15
   minutes.
 * After logging in I closed the 2 browsers (Mozilla and Safari) I see from Tools
   >Session the countdown under expire time.
 * At the expire time reported in Tools>Session , after an additional two minutes
   of browsing from another browser, I continue to see the wordpress error if I 
   try to log in.
 * In tools>Session I continue to see the two sessions abthough under Expire Time
   it reports that they expired 17 minutes ago.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sessions] Session remains active after automatic logout due to inactivity](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/)
 *  Thread Starter [whygareth](https://wordpress.org/support/users/whygareth/)
 * (@whygareth)
 * [3 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/session-remains-active-after-automatic-logout-due-to-inactivity/#post-16756649)
 * Hi Pierre, thank you for your timely response.
   This is the case and unfortunately
   from further testing I noticed that it occurs in my local environment as well.
   I try to summarize what is happening:
    - USER A has a shared account named “TEST” and shares accesses with USER B and
      USER C.
    - I need to set the maximum limit of concurrent users to 2, so USER A, USER 
      B and USER C cannot log in at the same time with the “TEST” account.
    - User A opens a session by logging in from Mozilla with the TEST account.
    - User B opens a session by logging in from Safari with the TEST account
    - User C attempts to log in but is blocked by the system (this is all correct)
    - User A and User B after quickly getting the information they needed from the
      site close the browser WITHOUT logging out
    - In the meantime their session cookie expires so when they return to the page
      they will no longer be logged in and in Tools>Session I see that their sessions,
      although still on the records page, have expired
    - At that point USER C should be able to log in, correct? Instead the system
      goes into error signaling me that there are still two active sessions.
    - This does not happen instead if a manual logout is performed where the session
      is really closed and even in Tools > Session it no longer exists.
    - The idle time also only works with the browser window open.
 * I know it is many things and I thank you infinitely if you could help me comprandere
   better how the plugin works so I can set everything correctly.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)