Title: visualfire's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# visualfire

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg] Can’t save or update any widget created with gutenberg](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-save-or-update-any-widget-created-with-gutenberg/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [5 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-save-or-update-any-widget-created-with-gutenberg/#post-13689716)
 * I was running into the same problem in multiple themes until I deactivated the
   Gutenberg development plugin. As soon as I did that, widgets started working 
   properly. If you are using that plugin, I would try deactivating it to see if
   that fixes the problem. If you aren’t using it, I’d try deactivating plugins 
   one-by-one to see if one of the ones you are using is causing issues with the
   widgets.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] [Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Category and Tags Don't work anymore](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-category-and-tags-dont-work-anymore/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [14 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-category-and-tags-dont-work-anymore/page/2/#post-2861558)
 * Same issue here as everyone above using the latest release (1.2.5) and a customized
   theme. The settings would hold until I create a new category, add a post, update
   my site map or make any other changes on the site. It would then reset back to
   using /category/ in the URLs. This persisted when switching to the Twenty-Ten
   theme. I first tried flushing my cache, then disabled the Hyper Cache plugin 
   that I use, but I couldn’t get the settings to stick. I worked around it by switching
   to another plugin that does this sole function and it’s working fine. Hope the
   info helps.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] [Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Strip Category Base not working in 2.4](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-strip-category-base-not-working-in-24/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [14 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-strip-category-base-not-working-in-24/#post-2856040)
 * I’m on 1.2.5 and this is still happening. Every time I add a category or make
   any changes to the blog content, it resets. Neither clearing my cache or disabling
   cache plugin has helped, either.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Social Friends] [Plugin: Facebook Members] Could not retrieve the specified page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-facebook-members-could-not-retrieve-the-specified-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [14 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-facebook-members-could-not-retrieve-the-specified-page/#post-2850554)
 * I went over to the default Facebook plugin and created my own widget, which is
   working fine. Disregard.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] [Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Article Heading/Page Title Issues In Yoast SEO](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-article-headingpage-title-issues-in-yoast-seo/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [14 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-article-headingpage-title-issues-in-yoast-seo/#post-2355595)
 * I have no problems with titles, but the article heading periodically shows in
   red, even though focus keywords are in the article heading.
 * Also, the URL often shows red, because it sometimes doesn’t register the hyphens
   between words as spaces.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] [Plugin: Contact Form 7] Form works, but the sender's name & email address fields are ignor](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-form-works-but-the-senders-name-email-address-fields-are-ignored/)
 *  Thread Starter [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [14 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-form-works-but-the-senders-name-email-address-fields-are-ignored/#post-2760107)
 * That’s definitely possible. I will dig into that a bit more and check out the
   SMTP plugin. Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] [Plugin: Contact Form 7] Form works, but the sender's name & email address fields are ignor](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-form-works-but-the-senders-name-email-address-fields-are-ignored/)
 *  Thread Starter [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [14 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-form-works-but-the-senders-name-email-address-fields-are-ignored/#post-2759992)
 * Update:
 * I have double checked my form settings and they are correct. The _From_ field
   in my _Mail_ section reads “[your-name]<[your-email]>” as it should, but as I
   stated earlier, this information is always ignored. I have tried the form with
   all other plugins disabled, but no luck – it makes no difference.
 * For the interim, I have placed all of the form fields into the message section
   of my _Mail_ field in order to make sure I that I still get the information. 
   It’s inconvenient for keeping track of inquiries, but it works. I’d still love
   to have the name/email fields register in the appropriate section of the emails
   though. Any suggestions?
 * [http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[SuperSlider-Menu] [Plugin: SuperSlider-Menu] superslider menu not working with wordpress 3.0.3](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-superslider-menu-superslider-menu-not-working-with-wordpress-303/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [15 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-superslider-menu-superslider-menu-not-working-with-wordpress-303/#post-1843089)
 * I have the same issue in WordPress 3.1. Everything is expanded by default and
   the accordion function doesn’t work.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Uploads path changed correctly, but still having image issues!](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/uploads-path-changed-correctly-but-still-having-image-issues/)
 *  Thread Starter [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [15 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/uploads-path-changed-correctly-but-still-having-image-issues/#post-1972019)
 * UPDATE: Problem resolved! Disregard.
 * It turns out my hosting provider was doing emergency work on the database server,
   which was preventing the necessary changes from either being written to my site’s
   database or being relayed back to my website! I discovered what was going on 
   after getting booted from phpMyAdmin and not being able to log back in. Once 
   I the server came back up, my changes went through and now the image uploader
   is working as intended.
 * Happy ending over here. Well, for now at least. 😉
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [SocialVibe error messages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/socialvibe-error-messages/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [16 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/socialvibe-error-messages/#post-1541210)
 * I’ve noticed that while this widget functions perfectly fine, it breaks W3 validation–
   enough to cause a total of 15 validation errors. This should really be addressed
   so that widget users are not penalized.
 * All of the errors revolved around this line of code:
 * SV.tb_show(title, url + “&KeepThis=true&SVTB_iframe=true&height=” + height + 
   width);
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [SocialVibe error messages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/socialvibe-error-messages/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [16 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/socialvibe-error-messages/#post-1541209)
 * Post revised with more detail below….
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Co-Authors] WordPress 2.7 incompatibility?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-co-authors-27-incompatibility/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [17 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-co-authors-27-incompatibility/#post-934197)
 * I’m on WP 2.7 and the plugin is working perfectly fine for me. Perhaps its an
   issue with your theme or a simple syntax error in your code. It’s hard to guess
   without seeing the code. What does it say on line 37 of your index.php file? 
   That would be a good place to start.
 *   Forum: [Everything else WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/)
   
   In reply to: [Category slugs](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/category-slugs/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [17 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/category-slugs/#post-940274)
 * I have the same issue on 95% of the sub-categories I create and it is incredibly
   irritating. Even more frustrating is one here or there will work as its intended,
   while the others don’t.
 * The only thing I’ve found that consistently works thus far is to (a) change the
   sub-cat to a two word slug with a hyphen, e.g. “sample-name” or (b) end the sub-
   cat name with a number, e.g. “sample101”
 * It’s not perfect, by any means, but at least you get to pick the names yourself.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Problems using Polldaddy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-using-polldaddy/)
 *  [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [17 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-using-polldaddy/#post-899695)
 * Do you guys have a wordpress.com blog or are you hosting your own? If you’re 
   hosting your own, did you install this additional plugin as well?
    [http://support.polldaddy.com/?p=15](http://support.polldaddy.com/?p=15)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Java site menu disappears in categories, tags, etc. since enabling permalinks](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/java-site-menu-disappears-in-categories-tags-etc-since-enabling-permalinks/)
 *  Thread Starter [visualfire](https://wordpress.org/support/users/webartistry/)
 * (@webartistry)
 * [17 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/java-site-menu-disappears-in-categories-tags-etc-since-enabling-permalinks/#post-936147)
 * My theme does not use a single.php file. :/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)