Title: vobpler's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# vobpler

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Attachments] Select post-type to apply for?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/select-post-type-to-apply-for/)
 *  Thread Starter [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/select-post-type-to-apply-for/#post-3798215)
 * Ah, thank you, it worked!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CPT-onomies: Using Custom Post Types as Taxonomies] Archive Page with your plugin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/#post-3663850)
 * It happened again. Damn. It’s so frustrating because i tried *every* possible
   solution without success.
 * I googled a bit and found this:
    [http://gabrieleromanato.name/wordpress-fix-the-404-error-on-custom-post-types/](http://gabrieleromanato.name/wordpress-fix-the-404-error-on-custom-post-types/)
 * Works like a charm now!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CPT-onomies: Using Custom Post Types as Taxonomies] Archive Page with your plugin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/#post-3663847)
 * Yup, good stuff. Thanks again!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CPT-onomies: Using Custom Post Types as Taxonomies] Archive Page with your plugin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/#post-3663845)
 * …and just like that! Magically, it just started working. I’ve been working on
   the site all day today and i’ve been messing with some plugins as well, one specific
   plugin i know i uninstalled is [Taxonomy Manager]([http://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-taxonomy-manager/](http://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-taxonomy-manager/)).
   Not sure if that caused it to break or what, but it works now.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CPT-onomies: Using Custom Post Types as Taxonomies] Archive Page with your plugin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/#post-3663844)
 * Hi Rachel, thanks for getting back to me.
 * I’m having this issue with two post types, “case” and “trailers”. I searched 
   through the entire `wp_posts` table in the database and found no posts with “
   trailers” in the post_name field. When searching for “case” i found two rows 
   with the following as post_name: `acf_case-information` and `casetest`. Those
   are totally irrelevant, they aren’t even in the same post type, so it really 
   shouldn’t impact the way my post-types behave.
 * I’m kind of in a hurry to get this working, so if you want to have a closer look
   at it i would be happy to lend you the FTP/Admin credentials. Let me know and
   i’ll send it over somehow.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CPT-onomies: Using Custom Post Types as Taxonomies] Archive Page with your plugin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/archive-page-with-your-plugin/#post-3663841)
 * Well, all you *should* have to do is go to example.com/post_type/ and it should
   list all your posts. If you go to example.com/post_type/single_post it should
   show you a single page. This is assuming you have a template that can print it
   out (index.php and single.php/page.php will probably do).
 * I’m having issues with it as well; i just get 404 when viewing the archives. 
   I posted this on wordpress.stackoverflow: [http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/100326/archive-page-for-custom-post-type-not-working](http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/100326/archive-page-for-custom-post-type-not-working)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Jigoshop] Encounter problem on update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/encounter-problem-on-update/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/encounter-problem-on-update/#post-3669777)
 * [I’m just going to leave this here.](http://www.php.net/manual/en/images/0baa1b9fae6aec55bbb73037f3016001-xkcd-goto.png)
 * That’s taken from PHP’s own documentation for the `goto` operator which was implemented
   in the newest version and caused things to break. Kinda funny!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photo Gallery, Sliders, Proofing and Themes - NextGEN Gallery] [Plugin: NextGEN Gallery] Thumbnails not generated and unable to view](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-thumbnails-not-generated-and-unable-to-view/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-thumbnails-not-generated-and-unable-to-view/#post-2856627)
 * I too am having issues with generating thumbnails, although it seems i am the
   only one having this issue.
 * Uploading images (regardless of its size) works beautifully, but as soon as the“
   Generating thumbnails” dialog pops up the images keep failing. It just completely
   refuses to resize the images!
 * The browser window also hangs so there’s not much i can do. I’m not even able
   to see the entire error message (i don’t even think it’s an error message, but
   rather some header info from the file or something…), see screenshot:
 * > [View post on imgur.com](https://imgur.com/zkTKMCm)
 * Here goes the server info:
 * Operativsystem : Linux (64 Bit)
    Server : Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15
   OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Minnesanvändning : 63.06 Mbyte MySQL
   Version : 5.0.90-community SQL Mode : Ej satt PHP Version : 5.2.13 PHP Safe Mode:
   Av PHP Allow URL fopen : På PHP Memory Limit : 64 PHP Max Upload Size : 50M PHP
   Max Post Size : 50M Gräns för PCRE Backtracking : 500000 PHP Max Script Execute
   Time : 30s PHP Exif stöd : Ja ( V1.4 ) PHP IPTC stöd : Ja PHP XML stöd : Ja Grafiska
   bibliotek
 * GD Version : bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
    FreeType Support : Ja FreeType Linkage:
   with freetype T1Lib Support : Nej GIF Read Support : Ja GIF Create Support : 
   Ja JPG Support : Ja PNG Support : Ja WBMP Support : Ja XPM Support : Ja XBM Support:
   Ja JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support : Nej
 * When copying the above info i noticed the “Plugin control” module above (translated,
   not sure what it says in English). I ran the test and the middle one, “Test image
   functinoality” failed with the message “Could not create image, check your memory
   limit”.
 * I have increased the memory_limit in gd.thumbnail.inc.php on line 164. Still 
   no success.
 * I’ve also checked the folders/images for spaces or anything that might cause 
   it to fail, but it looks fine to me. Only lower letters (english), a “-” and 
   numbers.
 * Some people reported that disabling the “fixed dimension” option would fix this,
   but it didn’t work for me.
 * I’m out of ideas! Any suggestions?
 * **Edit: More information!**
 * It seems to be related to the filetype/size and possibly exif info of the image.
   I came to this conclusion because the images i’m trying to upload is a gallery
   of JPG images (max width/height is 800px). File sizes vary from ~200kb to ~450kb.
   It seems to be the case that only the images over 400kb fails. I tried converting
   one of the failing images to PNG, still get the same error. Okay, that solves
   it! Must be the filesize, right? Nope! I tried uploading another random image(
   not from the gallery). The one i uploaded was over 800kb in size, but i shit 
   you not it uploaded and resized thumbnail perfectly! Soo… the last thing that
   could cause this is the exif info from the image, right? I don’t know…
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Browser Screenshots] open in a new window](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-in-a-new-window/)
 *  [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-in-a-new-window/#post-3170488)
 * Good find [@srumery](https://wordpress.org/support/users/srumery/)!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Edit multiple different parts of a page from the admin panel?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/edit-multiple-different-parts-of-a-page-from-the-admin-panel/)
 *  Thread Starter [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/edit-multiple-different-parts-of-a-page-from-the-admin-panel/#post-3073402)
 * Suprised nobody answered.
 * This plugin solved it: [http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/](http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/)
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [[Feature request] Tab to jump to next input when editing pages/posts?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-request-tab-to-jump-to-next-input-when-editing-pagesposts/)
 *  Thread Starter [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-request-tab-to-jump-to-next-input-when-editing-pagesposts/#post-3111854)
 * Fair enough, there is a group of people who use and appreciate the current behaviour.
   A small group, but still a group. I never denied that. I’m not saying you should
   remove it though, i’m just saying it would be nice to have an option to tab to
   the next input field for the users that actually use it with a mouse or trackpad(
   the majority, that is).
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [[Feature request] Tab to jump to next input when editing pages/posts?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-request-tab-to-jump-to-next-input-when-editing-pagesposts/)
 *  Thread Starter [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-request-tab-to-jump-to-next-input-when-editing-pagesposts/#post-3111849)
 * From a PC? Without any sort of trackpad or touchscreen? I seriously doubt that.
 * But as i said, i would very much like an option for that and i bet many others
   would appreciate it too. Is this the best way to submit a feature request or 
   is there another place for it?
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [[Feature request] Tab to jump to next input when editing pages/posts?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-request-tab-to-jump-to-next-input-when-editing-pagesposts/)
 *  Thread Starter [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-request-tab-to-jump-to-next-input-when-editing-pagesposts/#post-3111839)
 * Alright, good to know. Thanks for making it clear!
 * I do however not agree you should focus on the minority. I mean, if you didn’t
   have a mouse, would you even consider logging in to wordpress and changing/adding
   something? I just tried myself, and although the actual menu navigation worked
   fairly ok, when i actually got to a page i had to tab at least 50 times to get
   where i wanted. If 1000 people which don’t have a mouse would like to edit something,
   i bet not even 10 of them would try logging in and managing the system with the
   keyboard only. Actually, i bet not even 100 of of 1000 people would start their
   computer without a mouse.
 * With that said, think about the hours of time a wordpress developer could save
   in his life time by using tab instead of grabbing the mouse and clicking on the
   next field.
 * I have an idea, why don’t you make that an option in the settings?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Advanced Custom Fields (ACF®)] [Plugin: Advanced Custom Fields] After cloning a custom box, content are the same between the two?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-advanced-custom-fields-after-cloning-a-custom-box-content-are-the-same-between-the-two/)
 *  Thread Starter [vobpler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vobpler/)
 * (@vobpler)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-advanced-custom-fields-after-cloning-a-custom-box-content-are-the-same-between-the-two/#post-3111616)
 * **Update!**
 * The plugin isn’t the issue, i have another plugin called Duplicate Post which
   adds clone functionality to posts and pages, and appareantly to custom boxes 
   as well. It seems that’s what’s causing the mess up.
 * There is nothing wrong with this plugin. Sorry about the confusion, keep up the
   good work!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)