Title: vlidi's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# vlidi

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[LocateAndFilter] Issue with |post_link| after WordPress 7.0 update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issue-with-post_link-after-wordpress-7-0-update/)
 *  [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [3 months, 2 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issue-with-post_link-after-wordpress-7-0-update/#post-18948221)
 * Hey [@ekebrice](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ekebrice/), I had the same
   problem since WP 7.0, the plugin was at the version 1.6.17.
   I managed – with 
   AI help – to patch the output:
 * `add_action( 'template_redirect', function () {
   if ( ! is_page( 'your-page-slug')){
   return;}ob_start( function ( $html ) {$html = preg_replace( '/'(\s_+)/', "'$1",
   $html ); // ' + -> ' + $html = preg\_replace( '/(+\s_)'/', "$1'", $html ); //
   + ' -> + 'return $html;} );} );
 * Don’t forget to replace ‘your-page-slug’ with your actual page slug when testing.
   
   The patch still holds with version 1.7.1.
 * [@dgamoni](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dgamoni/), thank you for the excellent
   plugin!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Kadence Blocks — Page Builder Toolkit for Gutenberg Editor] Form Block error after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/form-block-error-after-update/)
 *  [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/form-block-error-after-update/#post-14753655)
 * I can confirm that this is happening since the latest update.
    Unofortunately,
   I wasn’t able to recover the form in the Editor – after Attempt Block Recovery
   there is the message:
 * > “This Block has encountered an error and can not be previewed.”
 * (I have also the Pro extension Version 1.4.33 installed.)
 * Thank you!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The Events Calendar] Events Calendar breaks Kadence Pro theme [The _EventVenueID property]](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-calendar-breaks-kadence-pro-theme-the-_eventvenueid-property/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-calendar-breaks-kadence-pro-theme-the-_eventvenueid-property/#post-14639663)
 * It seems that the problems are coming from the confused WPML String Translation
   module.
    Apparently not all the fields left over by the previous Fusion Builder
   were removed. So the problem was particular to this case, Kadence and EC are 
   working together with no problems on a different installation.
 * Thank you Ben for looking into this!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The Events Calendar] Events Calendar breaks Kadence Pro theme [The _EventVenueID property]](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-calendar-breaks-kadence-pro-theme-the-_eventvenueid-property/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/events-calendar-breaks-kadence-pro-theme-the-_eventvenueid-property/#post-14631069)
 * Hi Ben, thanks for dropping by!
 * I have a single Venue under Venues, with content in all the “Venue Information”
   fields.
 * Don’t know what other info you may need, I am new to Events Calendar, it was 
   used a lot on this site.
    It started to happen the same with Posts, can not to
   save because “The _EventVenueID property…” When I draft the Venue the things (
   seem) to work, and the problem definitely returns when I publish the Venue again.
 * But when you wrote you can not reproduce, I tried myself, and could not as well.
   
   I just tested with Kadence 1.0.26 and Events Calendar 5.8.0 on another site, 
   and all seems to work as it should. I am trying to upgrade an old website built
   on a FusionBuilder theme, so probably something specific. I removed the builder
   and all the orphan shortcode and upgraded everything, but the problem is still
   there. I am looking into the WPML settings now.
 * So not really sure anymore if it is a Kadence vs EC issue.
    Will do more tests
   and update here soon. Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Show Posts] Inline Author / Date below the Title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inline-author-date-below-the-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inline-author-date-below-the-title/#post-13988034)
 * I am still not sure where the difference in entry meta order between these installations
   came from.
 * But it is solved for the time being with this CSS:
 * .wp-show-posts-entry-meta {
    display: flex; }
 * .wp-show-posts-posted-on {
    padding: 0px; order: 2; }
 * .wp-show-posts-byline {
    order: -1; padding-right: 10px; }
 * Thank you for the great plugin!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Show Posts] Short code doesn’t work](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/short-code-doesnt-work-10/)
 *  [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/short-code-doesnt-work-10/#post-13980927)
 * Hi Colleen,
 * I am just a Show Posts user, it’s a great plugin, but it is not something to 
   write posts with.
 * Let me try to explain:
 * WP Show Posts (WPSP) is NOT the Post Editor, and you don’t write your posts in
   it.
    It can display the LIST OF POSTS in various different ways in different 
   places on your website. In this way you are not limited to what your theme offers
   regarding how it displays posts on Blog page or in archives.
 * You can show your lists of posts wherever you like, and you get to chose how 
   many posts you want to display, from which category/tag they come, if you will
   include images and excerpts or not, and pretty much all the other details.
 * So you write your posts the usual way, using the WordPress post editor.
    Then
   you create WPSP lists to display the LIST OF POSTS as described above.
 * The best explanation would probably be the video here:
 * [https://wpshowposts.com](https://wpshowposts.com)
 * There is a short and clear guide how WPSP works with WordPress and popular page
   builders here:
 * [https://qodeinteractive.com/magazine/display-posts-on-page-in-wordpress/#using-plugins](https://qodeinteractive.com/magazine/display-posts-on-page-in-wordpress/#using-plugins)
 * Hope this helps!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Show Posts] Inline Author / Date below the Title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inline-author-date-below-the-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inline-author-date-below-the-title/#post-13959142)
 * Hi Elvin,
 * one of the items was indeed set to “Below Post”, and the Example No 1 is now 
   inline, thanks!
 * But now the date comes before author, as a difference form the Example No 2, 
   where it is the other way around (this I think should be the default WPSP order).
 * How can I reorder so that it is Author / Date?
 * Thanks!
 * P.S.
    Re: the precedence, you’re probably right as I have another WPSP list in
   the CSS, will sort that out.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Show Posts] Inline Author / Date below the Title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inline-author-date-below-the-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inline-author-date-below-the-title/#post-13953461)
 * Sure!
 * I have the two different examples, and struggle to find the difference.
 * Example 1 (the one I need help with):
    [https://dev.masina.rs/post-sa-svim-elementima-za-test](https://dev.masina.rs/post-sa-svim-elementima-za-test)
 * Example 2 (where it works as I want it):
    [https://qpress.tech/off-canvas-test-page](https://qpress.tech/off-canvas-test-page)
 * I have the two additional questions:
 * 1. The Example 1 outputs “post-meta-stack” class, while the Example 2 outputs“
   post-meta-inline” class.
    From where the difference comes from, and how can I
   control it? The settings for both lists should be identical.
 * 2. In the Example 2, some CSS (e.g. “text-align:left;” doesn’t fire from the 
   Simple CSS box below the editor, but works from Customizer.
    Any idea why?
 * Thanks!
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[reSmush.it : The original free image compressor and optimizer plugin] “An error occurred; webservice” for two weeks now](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/an-error-occurred-webservice-for-two-weeks-now/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/an-error-occurred-webservice-for-two-weeks-now/#post-13851598)
 * Indeed, there is something odd going on with this plugin.
    I gave up on it on
   the previous project as there been more than a month staring at “webservice” 
   message and I had to use a different approach.
 * I gave it a go again on a new project, using a different theme, and now experienced
   a new “bug”, to say, though I am not really sure what is happening: the progress
   bar never, ever, finishes the run. After a while it decides to hang somewhere.
 * Oddly, when you refresh the page after, say, 96% it gets completely reset, and
   there is still the exact same number of unoptimized images, so whatever it allegedly
   did until 96% defaults to “zero”. It has been like this for a week or so now.
 * The first problem, “webservice”, occurred with WP 5.5.2 and GeneratePress; the
   new one, “hanging progress bar”, is with WP 5.0.11 and Hueman. The server is 
   the same, and works quite OK as far as I can say.
 * It would be really great to hear from the reSmush.it people.
    I am waiting for
   any response for months now. Besides the “issue with API now resolved” message
   from November, they seem to have stopped responding a while ago. The last time
   they used Twitter seems to be in September. Hope everybody is healthy and safe
   there.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Block Animations, Motion & Scroll Effects – Ghost Kit] Change speed of Progress Bar](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/change-speed-of-progress-bar/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/change-speed-of-progress-bar/#post-13830362)
 * Thanks nK, good news!
    Just gave it a go, works great. Thanks for this nice plugin
   once again, cheers, vlidi
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[reSmush.it : The original free image compressor and optimizer plugin] “An error occurred; webservice” for two weeks now](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/an-error-occurred-webservice-for-two-weeks-now/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/an-error-occurred-webservice-for-two-weeks-now/#post-13699631)
 * …to bump this up a bit, for three weeks now.
    I still see these 11 images as 
   non optimized, and an “error occurs” each and every time after the progress bar
   finishes the run.
 * Is part of a problem that it is a staging site?
    Is your server working now?
 * Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Block Animations, Motion & Scroll Effects – Ghost Kit] Change speed of Progress Bar](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/change-speed-of-progress-bar/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [5 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/change-speed-of-progress-bar/#post-13622359)
 * Hey nK, thanks!
 * Unfortunately, I can’t make it work, and my fault I guess.
 * The CSS you have sent doesn’t trigger anything (tried in GK Custom CSS block 
   section, general GK CSS & JavaScript tab and in the main CSS sheet).
 * Tried also to declare it as global variable in GK CSS & JavaScript tab like this:
 * :root {
    –gkt-progress__transition-duration: 2s; }
 * …and then to call it from the main CSS with this:
 * .ghostkit-progress {
    transition-duration: var(–2s); }
 * Surely I am doing something wrong.
    Can you point me in the right direction?
 * Thanks again!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Velocity - Video Lazy Loading for YouTube, Twitch and Vimeo] YouTube playlists not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-playlists-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-playlists-not-working/#post-12827231)
 * Sorry, the fix is not working. It simply cuts off the rest of the YouTube playlist
   URL and only displays the first video as a single item embed.
    I am trying now
   to modify [this plugin](https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-load-for-videos/) 
   I have used before Velocity to manipulate the thumbnail images of the video embed(
   it has no problems with playlists as it doesn’t use shortcodes). But it would
   be so much better and easier if only Velocity could work. So once again:
 * THE PROBLEM: YouTube playlists are not working because the [&] character in the
   plugin-generated shortcode gets saved as HTML entity [&] in the Shortcode or 
   HTML block.
 * Any ideas? Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Velocity - Video Lazy Loading for YouTube, Twitch and Vimeo] YouTube playlists not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-playlists-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [vlidi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vlidi/)
 * (@vlidi)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-playlists-not-working/#post-12822223)
 * There is a way around this. It took me some time to understand what was happening.
 * THE PROBLEM:
 * YouTube provides the ‘list’ parameter with [&] following the video ID [id=”VIDEO_ID&
   list=PLAYLIST_ID]
    The plugin-generated shortcode saves the ampersand [&] as 
   entity [&], and YouTube will return the error instead of playlist.
 * THE FIX:
 * Replace the ampersand character [&] with quotation mark [?] manually in the plugin-
   generated shortcode.
 * THE PERMANENT SOLUTION:
 * I found some perhaps useful stuff [HERE](https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/56268/post-editor-changes-to-amp),
   [HERE](https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/295510/wordpress-turns-html-code-to-html-entities),
   and [HERE](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ampersands-in-shortcode-attribute-values).
 * Once again, thanks for the great plugin!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)