Title: Yohn's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Yohn

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Fresh Install Timeout](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fresh-install-timeout/)
 *  Thread Starter [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [2 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fresh-install-timeout/#post-17815582)
 * Hey [@shameemreza](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shameemreza/),
 * Thanks for the tips on using another local software. Studio by WordPress.com 
   didnt work, and I believe it was because of it using sqlite, I didn’t try the
   Laravel Herd but I saw it doesn’t offer MySQL built in so I passed on that.
 * Local WP did work, and I was able to install WooCommerce to do some testing.
 * Thanks again for the tips, and the fast responses!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Fresh Install Timeout](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fresh-install-timeout/)
 *  Thread Starter [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [2 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fresh-install-timeout/#post-17812721)
 * Thanks for the response, I can assure you the WooCommerce plugin is within the“
   wp-content/plugins” directory, and I’ve tried manually installing the current
   version, and 8.8.4 and 8.9.1 and still run into the same issue.
 * I should note that the file “wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php” 
   is in the directory as well.
 * I just tried a complete fresh install again, new install of wordpress and woocommerce
   and it happened again, I’m unable to activate the plugin. No other plugins are
   enabled when I try to activate woocommerce. I also went ahead and tried to activate
   other plugins, and I am able to activate other plugins, just not woocommerce.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Dashboard and Import page gone after installed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/dashboard-and-import-page-gone-after-installed/)
 *  Thread Starter [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [20 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/dashboard-and-import-page-gone-after-installed/#post-381392)
 * well before I posted it within the instalation category, and since the forums
   here move fast I figured that maybe this was the best place to post it instead
   of that cat.
    sorry for the cross post, I just hoping I could find someone with
   some insight as to what could be happening.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [PHP eating up server resources — WordPress to blame?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-eating-up-server-resources-wordpress-to-blame/)
 *  [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [20 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-eating-up-server-resources-wordpress-to-blame/#post-381262)
 * it may also depend of who you’re hosting with, and how much cpu you’re allowed
   to use (if you’re on a shared server that is). I use to use dreamhost for awhile,
   and after my traffic became about that big I was getting threatened to either
   get a dedicated server or have my account terminated.
    I ended up switching servers
   to a vps on hostforweb.com and havent had that problem since
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Cant login after everything is installed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-after-everything-is-installed/)
 *  Thread Starter [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [20 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-after-everything-is-installed/#post-380833)
 * please someone? this is going to get annoying for me if I cant get directly to
   the admin page after logging in.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Cant login after everything is installed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-after-everything-is-installed/)
 *  Thread Starter [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [20 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-after-everything-is-installed/#post-380772)
 * I tried that also, and still no luck.
    thanks for the try though.
 * its weird though, I’m able to edit practically everything, but I cant get to 
   the index page or the imports page.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Cant login after everything is installed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-after-everything-is-installed/)
 *  Thread Starter [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [20 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-after-everything-is-installed/#post-380759)
 * ok heres an update on it.
    like I said, once I login it takes me to a blank screen
   so I went to the site to see the first blog there automatically generated by 
   the installation, and I went to the comments page and it had me signed in so 
   that I was able to click on that link and be taken to the profile.php page. being
   there I was able to get around to all of the pages except for the dashboard page(
   index.php)
 * I believe the dashboard file is somehow messed up from the download, maybe someone
   else had this problem and found a way to fix it?
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Database is not recognized](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/database-is-not-recognized/)
 *  [Yohn](https://wordpress.org/support/users/trey/)
 * (@trey)
 * [20 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/database-is-not-recognized/#post-380757)
 * I had that when I first tried to install mine a couple minutes ago, so I went
   and changed my users password, tried again, and I was able to complete the instalation.
   so check to make sure you have the password set up correctly, and that you have
   the host as localhost since it is on your computer.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)