Title: TKL2015's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# TKL2015

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Virtue Child theme not overriding Parent Theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized/)
 *  Thread Starter [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized/#post-5651713)
 * Also, if I try to edit in WP, after placing in a “templates” directory. (and 
   not an external editor), it says “sorry, that file cannot be edited.”
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Virtue Child theme not overriding Parent Theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized/)
 *  Thread Starter [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-changes-not-being-recognized/#post-5651712)
 * Thank you.. that makes total sense that it should.. and I just tried it and still
   doesn’t work., : (
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Virtue] Child theme not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/)
 *  [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/#post-5651177)
 * Have created a new thread…thought this was similar enough, but apparently not.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Virtue] Child theme not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/)
 *  [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/#post-5651164)
 * Mrgem79, I think if you select “Customize” in the Dashboard Nav, then Select “
   Navigation”, you can deselect or select where you wish your menu to appear.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Virtue] Child theme not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/)
 *  [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/#post-5651153)
 * [http://crhmaui.com/wp/](http://crhmaui.com/wp/)
 * Child-theme page has title commented out, but still shows up. When I comment 
   it out in the Parent theme, it is removed, so it seems the child theme is not
   being read for some reason..?
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Virtue] Child theme not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/)
 *  [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/#post-5651150)
 * And, yes, I have the Virtue Child theme activated.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Virtue] Child theme not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/)
 *  [TKL2015](https://wordpress.org/support/users/tkl2015/)
 * (@tkl2015)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/child-theme-not-working-30/#post-5651149)
 * I have the same issue. I created a child theme, and no matter what I do to the
   child page (i.e., “page-header.php” — simply commenting out the H1 header, for
   example, doesn’t work. HELP.
 * In the child directory “virtue-child” I have 3 files.
    functions.php <?php add_action(‘
   wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘enqueue_parent_styles’ ); function enqueue_parent_styles(){
   wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri().’/style.css’ );}?
   >
 * style.css
 * /*
    Theme Name: Virtue Child Theme URI: [http://crhmaui.com/virtue-child/](http://crhmaui.com/virtue-child/)
   Description: Child Author: Virtue Author URI: Template: virtue Version: 1.0.0
   License: GNU General Public License v2 or later License URI: [http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html](http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
   Tags: light, dark, two-columns, right-sidebar, responsive-layout, accessibility-
   ready Text Domain: virtue-child */
 * and page-header.php
 * <div class=”page-header”>
    <h1> <?php //echo kadence_title();// ?> </h1> <?php
   global $post; if(is_page()) {$bsub = get_post_meta( $post->ID, ‘_kad_subtitle’,
   true ); if($bsub != ”) echo ‘<p class=”subtitle”> ‘.__($bsub).’ </p>’; } else
   if(is_category()) { echo ‘<p class=”subtitle”>’.__(category_description()).’ 
   </p>’;} ?> </div>
 * The headline still appears…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)