Title: timgreenleaf's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# timgreenleaf

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Import and export users and customers] Passwords: Update Needed in Documentation or Possible Bug?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/passwords-update-needed-in-documentation-or-possible-bug/)
 *  Thread Starter [timgreenleaf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 * (@timgreenleaf)
 * [9 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/passwords-update-needed-in-documentation-or-possible-bug/#post-8643019)
 * I tested version 1.9.9.8 and it worked exactly as described. Thank you for confirming
   and fixing the issue.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Manage Notification E-mails] Not compatible with BuddyPress](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-compatible-with-buddypress-5/)
 *  [timgreenleaf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 * (@timgreenleaf)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-compatible-with-buddypress-5/#post-7069741)
 * I think the conflict with BuddyPress was causing issues for me too. I reload 
   an updated data set for user profiles every other week and needed something that
   would stop the user notifications when I do that.
 * I found a plugin that stops ALL email notifications, so my solution is that I
   simply turn that on when I am running the data update process (or creating new
   users, etc) and then turn it off when I am done.
 * [https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-emails/](https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-emails/)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[RSSImport] RSS Feed with Query String No Longer Working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/rss-feed-with-query-string-no-longer-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [timgreenleaf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 * (@timgreenleaf)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/rss-feed-with-query-string-no-longer-working/#post-6835703)
 * This broke right after the site was updated to WordPress 4.4, so it seems like
   something changed with that update to make the query string in the RSS feed stop
   working with the plugin… hopefully that is a helpful clue in case anyone can 
   help me get this working again. 🙁
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: ["Media" menu in wp-admin has gone missing… [poof!]](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-menu-in-wp-admin-has-gone-missing-poof/)
 *  Thread Starter [timgreenleaf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 * (@timgreenleaf)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-menu-in-wp-admin-has-gone-missing-poof/#post-5778050)
 * I set up a copy of the site in a separate WordPress installation, and assembled
   it incrementally until I figured out the problem is somewhere in the wp-options
   table in the database. As soon as I overwrote that table on the new WP installation
   with the data from the original database the Media menu disappeared. So… I now
   know exactly where the problem is located.
 * I found a plugin, WordPress Database Reset, that will let me reset just this 
   one table. A lot of the other tools did a total reset, and I don’t want to have
   to reload 109+ users and all their data if I can avoid it. It doesn’t look like
   I can avoid having to re-configure the settings for a handful of various plugins.
   This seems like the best option right now to get things right.
 * [https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/)
 * This worked on my test installation — am going to do the fix tomorrow morning
   with fresh eyes on the production website. Fingers crossed!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: ["Media" menu in wp-admin has gone missing… [poof!]](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-menu-in-wp-admin-has-gone-missing-poof/)
 *  Thread Starter [timgreenleaf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 * (@timgreenleaf)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-menu-in-wp-admin-has-gone-missing-poof/#post-5778027)
 * Hi James, thanks for jumping in and helping with the troubleshooting — I am at
   a loss with this and really appreciate it.
 * I am the primary administrator on the account — this menu isn’t showing for either
   of the other two admins (as well as myself). This also isn’t a multi-site installation…
   I just checked the wp-config.php to confirm that nothing has changed there…
 * My theory at the moment is that the permissions are messed up on one of the included
   files in upload.php — I am navigating through the code checking on that. Am also
   going to replicate the site in a different, virgin WP installation to see if 
   anything changes, which may be the most direct way to address the issue if the
   cloned version doesn’t have the problem.
 * Any additional questions or suggestions for troubleshooting are definitely welcome!
   Thank you.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Analyticator] Enable new GA User-ID feature](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/enable-new-ga-user-id-feature/)
 *  [timgreenleaf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/timgreenleaf/)
 * (@timgreenleaf)
 * [12 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/enable-new-ga-user-id-feature/#post-5021782)
 * I couldn’t get it to work through the plug-in’s admin interface, but the code
   itself is pretty simple to set up if users are authenticated via WordPress and
   are logged in (which I require on the site I am using this on):
 * In the google-analyticator.php file of this plugin, add the following two lines
   after line 1183, immediately before the line containing `ga('send', 'pageview');`
 *     ```
       <?php $user_id = get_current_user_id(); ?>
       ga('set', 'userId', '<?php echo $user_id; ?>');
       ```
   
 * The first line simply gets the WordPress user ID and the second one inserts it
   into the GA tracking code as the UserID variable.
 * Of course editing the core plug-in file is a bad idea… but this will work until
   the plugin supports GA User ID tracking.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)