Title: ticurt's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# ticurt

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[WP 2FA - Two-factor authentication for WordPress] Operates randomly](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/operates-randomly/)
 *  Thread Starter [ticurt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/)
 * (@ticurt)
 * [4 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/operates-randomly/#post-15981379)
 * Well, I reinstalled the plugin and it couldn’t send emails anymore. So I checked
   the box asking to delete all data on uninstallation. I reinstalled it. Now it
   works, I sent a dozen test emails. I saved the list of backup codes. I wanted
   to test WP mail SMTP. I installed it, when I saw the complexity of the steps,
   I fired it, I don’t want to hear about it.
 * If ever we don’t get the email anymore, I’ll let you know.
 * Thank you for your dedication.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[WP 2FA - Two-factor authentication for WordPress] Operates randomly](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/operates-randomly/)
 *  Thread Starter [ticurt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/)
 * (@ticurt)
 * [4 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/operates-randomly/#post-15979253)
 * « So when someone tries to log in with the same user, an email is not sent because
   HOTP codes never expires. This is as such by design. »
 * `It seems to me that if this were the case, I should at least receive a code.
   But it is clear that one should be able to send a new code if necessary and receive
   it.
 * I don’t understand this idea of a HOTP code that never expires. How does the 
   fact that the code doesn’t expire prohibit issuing another one?
 * One thing is for sure: I’d like it to work, reliably. If we take the risk that
   it won’t work and therefore we can’t log in, I can’t use the plugin. I don’t 
   want to have to go through FTP, especially for other users.
 * Thanks for your efforts. 😊
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[WP 2FA - Two-factor authentication for WordPress] Operates randomly](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/operates-randomly/)
 *  Thread Starter [ticurt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ticurt/)
 * (@ticurt)
 * [4 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/operates-randomly/#post-15975065)
 * Hello,
 * Sorry to disappoint you, I understand your disappointment, I would be too. Nevertheless,
   on the support forum we can see that this problem is recurrent, there are a number
   of messages that have the same problem. And my server sends emails very well.
   And when I installed the plugin, it worked perfectly. I tried it 4 or 5 times
   and each time I got the code and I was able to log in, I was delighted. The next
   day I wanted to log in, and I never got the code. I asked for a new code, nothing.
   I tried in two other browsers (Firefox and Edge), nothing. Done, it didn’t work
   anymore. So I had to go directly to the FTP to deactivate the plugin to be able
   to connect and I deleted it.
 * Believe me, I regret it, because I was very happy to have found this plugin, 
   but there is clearly a reliability problem. If my server had a problem, if the
   plugin didn’t work, if there weren’t so many posts on the support forum with 
   the same problem indicating that I’m far from being the only one…
 * Sorry, I thank you for your email, which really touches me, I feel the will to
   do well. When we do something for others, as you do, we want it to work. I dedicate
   my life to my actions, fighting windmills, it is painful. But this is just a 
   plugin and I’m not sure I’ll reinstall it. Although I’d really like to give you
   that pleasure.
 * Best regards, thx, Thierry

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)