Title: thommo's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# thommo

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] Yellow Bar below form, but still receiving data](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/yellow-bar-below-form-but-still-receiving-data/)
 *  [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [6 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/yellow-bar-below-form-but-still-receiving-data/#post-13213147)
 * [@kristenphotos](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kristenphotos/) We hit a
   similar problem. CF7 changed the way that responses are coloured in v5.2 (see
   [https://contactform7.com/2020/07/04/contact-form-7-52/#more-36548](https://contactform7.com/2020/07/04/contact-form-7-52/#more-36548)).
   Unfortunately, this change now uses generic terms such as “alert” and, for us,
   these generic terms had already been given styles (by Twitter Bootstrap for us).
   This gave us the yellow bar (it also removed all response messages and error 
   highlighting for us). I suspect that you have hit the same sort of problem. We
   have temporarily reverted to v5.1.9 while we work out how to accommodate CF7’
   s latest changes.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Font Awesome Shortcodes for WordPress] £ converted to Â£ by fa-ul](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pound-converted-to-a-by-fa-ul/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [10 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pound-converted-to-a-by-fa-ul/#post-7411133)
 * In case anybody else hits this problem, after having tried a few things that 
   did not work, the solution that worked for me was to insert the following line
   into the fontawesome-shortcodes.php file. It needs to be inserted into the scrape_dom_element
   function, just before the line that reads `$dom->loadHTML($content);`….
 * `$content = mb_convert_encoding($content, 'HTML-ENTITIES', "UTF-8");`
 * Hope this helps somebody!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[StatCounter - Real Time Visitor Stats, Session Replay & Heatmaps] You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/you-do-not-have-sufficient-permissions-to-access-this-page-242/)
 *  [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/you-do-not-have-sufficient-permissions-to-access-this-page-242/#post-4992383)
 * I had the same problem. The stat counter support people suggested hard-coding
   the stat counter code into the site. This would probably work but is certainly
   not an elegant solution.
 * I changed line 114 from
    `<form method="post" action="options-general.php?page
   =StatCounter-Wordpress-Plugin.php">` to `<form method="post" action="">` and 
   it seems to have worked and applied the stat counter code to the footer … yet
   to see any reported stats though! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[HC Text Widget] Editor icons](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/editor-icons/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [12 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/editor-icons/#post-4408368)
 * Any thoughts from anybody about this?
 * It would be good to see it working with WP 3.8.
 * That link to the screenshot should not have included the ‘)’ in it. The correct
   link is therefore: [http://screencast.com/t/N9U6mgjjVUU](http://screencast.com/t/N9U6mgjjVUU)
 * Thanks
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[S3Slider] S3Slider Suddenly Stopped Working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/s3slider-suddenly-stopped-working/)
 *  [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [12 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/s3slider-suddenly-stopped-working/#post-4296383)
 * I had a quick look at your site. The code is attempting to work and display the
   slides but the images are not loading because they seem not to exist. For instance,
   [http://www.allaboutparkinglots.com/wp-content/plugins/s3slider-plugin/files/3_s.jpeg](http://www.allaboutparkinglots.com/wp-content/plugins/s3slider-plugin/files/3_s.jpeg)
   is not there.
 * Maybe it is saving the slides into a different folder? Or unable to save due 
   to permission problems?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Transparent Image Watermark] Lots of warning messages and not watermarked](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lots-of-warning-messages-and-not-watermarked/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lots-of-warning-messages-and-not-watermarked/#post-3714383)
 * You’re right! 🙂
 * I wasn’t changing the watermark as I just wanted to try it out with the default
   settings but clicking the “save changes” button obviously did some magic and 
   it now works!
 * Many thanks for the quick and effective response!!
 * Ian
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The Online Booking Calendar] Email addresses from/to](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/email-addresses-fromto/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/email-addresses-fromto/#post-3518247)
 * Also, the company name (and website title) contains an ampersand in it and it
   looks like wp-obs is using this for the “from name” in emails. However, the ampersand
   is not displaying correctly in the emails and you cannot simply reply to any 
   email from the booking system.
 * How can I over-ride this and make wp-obs use a from name of my choice that is
   different to the site name?
 * Many thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The Online Booking Calendar] Install error and/or plugin conflict?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/install-error-andor-plugin-conflict/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/install-error-andor-plugin-conflict/#post-3483026)
 * Ok, I now have this working. In case anybody else hits the same problems, what
   I found was:
 * 1) The “Sorry, could not load your data, please try again later” problem was 
   caused by a problem with the php/datafeed.php file. I fixed it by simply opening
   it, typing an extra (completely unnecessry) space in it and saving it again. 
   I am guessing that the file format was a problem and “editing” it fixed it.
 * 2) The “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{‘ in /home/sitename/public_html/
   blogfolder/wp-content/plugins/the-online-booking-system/employee_allocation.php
   on line 1” error was fixed by applying the same technique to the employee-allocation.
   php file.
 * Note for both of the above, I did try completely removing the plugin and downloading
   a fresh version to see if the problem was with my PC but I got the same problem
   again so repeated the fix.
 * 3) WP-OBS does not work with Fancybox-for-Wordpress (shame, I like that plugin).
   I have disabled the Fancybox plugin and am looking for a good alternative.
 * 4) I also hit a problem with the booking link. I had added the booking link code
   snippet to a sidebar widget but this did not work as the link includes a shortcode
   and shortcodes normally don’t work in widgets. Therefore I added a little plugin
   to activate shortcodes in widgets and WP-OBS came to life.
 * It took a little longer than I had expected but it all seems to be working now.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The Online Booking Calendar] Install error and/or plugin conflict?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/install-error-andor-plugin-conflict/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/install-error-andor-plugin-conflict/#post-3482981)
 * All other plugins are deactivated too …. still getting the same problem. Could
   this be a WP 3.5.1 compatibility problem?
 * Any advice about how to find the source of this problem would be much appreciated.
   Thanks.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The Online Booking Calendar] Install error and/or plugin conflict?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/install-error-andor-plugin-conflict/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/install-error-andor-plugin-conflict/#post-3482898)
 * I tried deleting the plugin completely from the site including removing all wp_sm_*
   tables from the database and starting again without Fancybox-for-Wordpress activated
   but still have the same problem. 🙁
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Virtual Theme] [Plugin: Virtual Theme] 404 Error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-virtual-theme-404-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-virtual-theme-404-error/#post-3130137)
 * I couldn’t find the solution to this so I removed the plugin.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Contact Form 7] Ajax: all works, except for send](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-ajax-all-works-except-for-send/)
 *  [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [16 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-contact-form-7-ajax-all-works-except-for-send/page/2/#post-1526569)
 * Thanks heaps kellye!
 * Changing my success message from “Thanks! We’ll get the report to you within 
   24hrs” to “Thanks! We will get the report to you within 24hrs” worked!
 * Apostrophes are powerful things!!!! 🙂
 * Brilliant!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Plugin: SimpleModal Contact Form (SMCF) 2nd email address?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-simplemodal-contact-form-smcf-2nd-email-address/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [16 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-simplemodal-contact-form-smcf-2nd-email-address/#post-1414747)
 * OK, thanks for getting back to me Eric.
 * In the meantime I have added a couple of radio buttons to the form and adapted
   the way that the “to” email address is assembled so that the bit before the “@”
   comes from the radio button and the bit after comes from the settings page. Not
   elegant!!! But it seems to work for now! 🙂
 * I look forward to a real solution sometime in the future.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Plugin: SimpleModal Contact Form (SMCF) 2nd email address?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-simplemodal-contact-form-smcf-2nd-email-address/)
 *  Thread Starter [thommo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thommo/)
 * (@thommo)
 * [16 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-simplemodal-contact-form-smcf-2nd-email-address/#post-1414718)
 * Hi Eric, Many thanks for getting back to me. No they are not registered on the
   blog at the moment … but i could easily set them up so that they are registered
   if that makes things simpler …

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)