Title: te-online's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# te-online

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Limit Login Attempts Security - Login Security, 2FA, Firewall, Brute Force Prevention] Latest version: “GDPR compliance: IPs obfuscation replaced…”](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/latest-version-gdpr-compliance-ips-obfuscation-replaced/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [5 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/latest-version-gdpr-compliance-ips-obfuscation-replaced/#post-14426046)
 * Thanks for your response. My opinion is unchanged, I’d rather have obfuscation
   than notification. It’s a core principle of GDPR – don’t store plain personal
   data wherever possible.
 * That said, I appreciate it a lot you took the time to put out a dedicated FAQ
   that explains your reasoning.
 * – Thomas
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Autoptimize] Missing space in minified CSS](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-space-in-minified-css/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [8 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/missing-space-in-minified-css/#post-9592829)
 * Good evening Frank!
 * Tried the master and it’s indeed fixed.
    Thanks a lot once again for your prompt
   answer 🙂
 * Now we just need to wait for the next release.
 * –Thomas
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Autoptimize] How can I send the concatenated CSS file to the footer?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-send-the-concatenated-css-file-to-the-footer/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-send-the-concatenated-css-file-to-the-footer/#post-9545084)
 * Hi Frank,
 * Thank you so much for your quick reply 🙂
    The filter is just what I was looking
   for!
 * Thomas
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Wrong calculating cart amount](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/#post-9156221)
 * In my opinion, the first price on the page that is calculated from a price in
   the database and a tax rate, should be rounded to 2 digits precision. From there
   all prices on the page that refer to this price (e.g. multiple items prices, 
   discounted prices) should be calculated from this rounded value. This would be
   the consistent way a user would expect it to work and also how it would work 
   in a real life shop.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Wrong calculating cart amount](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/#post-9156202)
 * Unfortunately I haven’t. In theory it seems easy to do it right, but as we can
   see from the Pull Request there seem to be problems with discounts, once the 
   issue we experience is fixed.
 * I guess it shouldn’t be too hard to apply a consistent rounding model in WooCommerce,
   but I have no motivation or time to look into this right now, sorry! 🙁
 * I’m a bit surprised though that this issue didn’t come up earlier and isn’t reported
   by more people. From my quick experiments a way to mitigate the effects of this
   a bit, could be to add prices to products excluding taxes and let WooCommerce
   do all the tax calculations.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Wrong calculating cart amount](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/#post-9148297)
 * Thanks for your reply! 🙂
 * Sorry, I was just trying to illustrate what I see is going on, no intention on
   throwing maths at you 😉
 * Well, I’ll have a look at the PR, but I guess without a good understanding of
   the WooCommerce codebase I’ll only be able to contribute in describing how it
   _should_ work, but not be able to implement the change right away.
 * Will follow up here, once some kind of solution came up.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Wrong calculating cart amount](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/#post-9148232)
 * Any news on this [@mikejolley](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mikejolley/)
   or [@icaleb](https://wordpress.org/support/users/icaleb/)? 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Wrong calculating cart amount](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wrong-calculating-cart-amount/#post-9096862)
 * I’ve read through this thread and also the [https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/wiki/How-Taxes-Work-in-WooCommerce](https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/wiki/How-Taxes-Work-in-WooCommerce)
   Wiki entry. And it makes perfectly sense to me.
 * However, this issue is not about tax calculation but about when to round. And
   I have to admit that [@scheichmanfred](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scheichmanfred/)
   is right.
 * Let’s assume I have a shop that has stored all the product prices incl. taxes.
   
   Furthermore, let’s assume I display the prices without taxes on all pages and
   also in the checkout process.
 * Now this works fine for single items. But whenever I add more than one of a kind
   to the cart, we might get a problem, because prices are not rounded at the time
   they are supposed be.
 * Let’s imagine the following situation:
 * Product #1
    Stored price incl. tax: 25,00 Tax rate: 20% (=0.2) Calculated price
   excl. tax: 20,83 (=25/1,2=20,833333333) Displayed single unit price: 20,83
 * Everything fine so far, right?
 * But now let’s look at the calculation when we add multiple units to a cart.
 * 4 x Product #1
    Expected total price excl. tax: 83,32 (=4*20,83) Displayed total
   price in cart excl. tax: 83,33 (=4*20,83333333333)
 * The cart now shows the single unit price correctly as rounded 20,83.
    But the
   total price will be shown as 83,33, which is not correct in this context, since
   the rounded single unit price is indeed 20,83 and not 20,83333333333.
 * As a result, the cart will always display a wrong amount for multi unit items,
   since rounding doesn’t take place before multiplying the single price.
 * So, to correct this situation, we could either show the single price the calculation
   is based on (20,83333333333) or we could simply round the single unit price before
   multiplying it by the number of units.
 * Do you still think this is not a problem [@icaleb](https://wordpress.org/support/users/icaleb/)?
 * Let me know if my thoughts are not correct and there already is a way to fix 
   this issue.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Speed up translation approvals?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/speed-up-translation-approvals/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/speed-up-translation-approvals/#post-9034117)
 * Hi Mike,
 * It took a while for me to learn how the centralized translations process works.
   Thanks for the link 🙂
 * Thomas
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Speed up translation approvals?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/speed-up-translation-approvals/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/speed-up-translation-approvals/#post-9034115)
 * I accidentally posted twice 🙁
    (see below for message ⬇️)
    -  This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[MinQueue] why .gitignore doesn’t ignore minqueue](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-gitignore-doesnt-ignore-minqueue/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [9 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-gitignore-doesnt-ignore-minqueue/#post-8782898)
 * Is the wordpress-directory at the root of your git-repository?
    Try omitting 
   the slash in front of wp-content.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Date miscalculation with string timezone after moving server](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server/#post-7212775)
 * Okay, the solution to this was really simple. My hosting provider reinstalled/
   upgraded the package _tzdata_ and everything works fine now! 🙂
 * –– Thomas
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Date miscalculation with string timezone after moving server](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server/#post-7212764)
 * Thanks a lot for your answer!
    I started to check back with my hosting provider,
   I’ll give them your info and report on the outcome.
 * –– Thomas
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Date miscalculation with string timezone after moving server](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server/)
 *  Thread Starter [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/date-miscalculation-with-string-timezone-after-moving-server/#post-7212759)
 * Okay, I explored this a bit further and want to update this thread for documentation
   and also to ask for help once again.
 * The main issue seems to be that when the timezone is set to a string (like ”Berlin“)
   in the settings, the `post_date_gmt` will be set to the same time as `post_date`
   which is not `gmt` in this case obviously. This is only true for the main post.
   The revisions strangely have the correct `post_date_gmt`.
 * When the timezone is set to UTC+2 in the settings, everything works as expected.
   The `post_date_gmt` will be set to two hours earlier than `post_date`. This would
   be the expected behaviour for the string setting as well.
 * I’ve seen this behaviour only on this configuration, but can’t find the failure
   or even the difference to another machine that is configured similarly.
 * I’m still hoping somebody with a lot of ”server experience“ could have a hint
   for me, where to look for a solution. 🙂
 * –– Thomas
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Simple History – Track, Log, and Audit WordPress Changes] More RSS feed items?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/more-rss-feed-items/)
 *  [te-online](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/)
 * (@thomasebert)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/more-rss-feed-items/#post-5044771)
 * Great!
 * Thank you very much for your quick reaction, Pär. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/thomasebert/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)