Title: stevesien's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# stevesien

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] buttom send dont show "mail successfully sent"](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/buttom-send-dont-show-mail-successfully-sent/)
 *  [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [10 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/buttom-send-dont-show-mail-successfully-sent/#post-7506610)
 * me too
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] length of text box attribute not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/#post-5983018)
 * thanks
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] length of text box attribute not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/#post-5983016)
 * no I did that it didn’t work . I can see in the web inspector on Safari that 
   this is controlling the width_ input#fscf\_field1\_4 text-align: left;
    margin:
   0; width: 99%; **max-width: 250px**;if I change this value it controls the width
   of the box. thanks
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] length of text box attribute not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/#post-5983012)
 * I did that too, the box is stil ltoo long but i can only input 4 numbers.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] length of text box attribute not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/#post-5983010)
 * i added a new text field and added maxlength=”4″ in attributes but the box is
   still 200 or so
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] New forms send Mail once fields added will not send/receive mail](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-forms-send-mail-once-fields-added-will-not-sendreceive-mail/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-forms-send-mail-once-fields-added-will-not-sendreceive-mail/#post-6052599)
 * hi
    I did as you suggested but it still does not receive. When i choose Use PHP
   I can send a test email successfully. But the form still will not receive. I 
   cannot send and receive a test email if I leave the plugin on use SMTP. I set
   all settings according to your instructions using my .mac mail address and smtp.
   mail.me.com address. here is my debug log, with my password Xed out: object(PHPMailer)#
   441 (69) { [“Version”]=> string(5) “5.2.7” [“Priority”]=> int(3) [“CharSet”]=
   > string(5) “UTF-8” [“ContentType”]=> string(10) “text/plain” [“Encoding”]=> 
   string(4) “8bit” [“ErrorInfo”]=> string(22) “SMTP connect() failed.” [“From”]
   => string(17) “stevesien@mac.com” [“FromName”]=> string(14) “Red Bird Books” [“
   Sender”]=> string(17) “stevesien@mac.com” [“ReturnPath”]=> string(0) “” [“Subject”]
   => string(44) “WP Mail SMTP: Test mail to [stevesien@mac.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/stevesien@mac.com?output_format=md)”[“
   Body”]=> string(68) “This is a test email generated by the WP Mail SMTP WordPress
   plugin.” [“AltBody”]=> string(0) “” [“Ical”]=> string(0) “” [“MIMEBody”:protected]
   => string(69) “This is a test email generated by the WP Mail SMTP WordPress plugin.“[“
   MIMEHeader”:protected]=> string(425) “Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:28:38 +0000 Return-
   Path: To: [stevesien@mac.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/stevesien@mac.com?output_format=md)
   From: Red Bird Books Subject: WP Mail SMTP: Test mail to [stevesien@mac.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/stevesien@mac.com?output_format=md)
   Message-ID: <6f0fe563a8efbeb4c44cc53a97abf615@redbirdbooks.org> X-Priority: 3
   X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.7 ([https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/](https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/))
   MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding:
   8bit
 * “
    [“mailHeader”:protected]=> string(0) “” [“WordWrap”]=> int(0) [“Mailer”]=>
   string(4) “smtp” [“Sendmail”]=> string(18) “/usr/sbin/sendmail” [“UseSendmailOptions”]
   => bool(true) [“PluginDir”]=> string(0) “” [“ConfirmReadingTo”]=> string(0) “”[“
   Hostname”]=> string(0) “” [“MessageID”]=> string(0) “” [“MessageDate”]=> string(
   0) “” [“Host”]=> string(16) “smtp.mail.me.com” [“Port”]=> string(3) “587” [“Helo”]
   => string(0) “” [“SMTPSecure”]=> string(3) “tls” [“SMTPAuth”]=> bool(true) [“
   Username”]=> string(17) “stevesien@mac.com” [“Password”]=> string(10) “xxxxxxxxx”[“
   AuthType”]=> string(0) “” [“Realm”]=> string(0) “” [“Workstation”]=> string(0)“”[“
   Timeout”]=> int(10) [“SMTPDebug”]=> bool(true) [“Debugoutput”]=> string(4) “echo”[“
   SMTPKeepAlive”]=> bool(false) [“SingleTo”]=> bool(false) [“SingleToArray”]=> 
   array(0) { } [“do_verp”]=> bool(false) [“AllowEmpty”]=> bool(false) [“LE”]=> 
   string(1) “ “ [“DKIM_selector”]=> string(0) “” [“DKIM_identity”]=> string(0) “”[“
   DKIM_passphrase”]=> string(0) “” [“DKIM_domain”]=> string(0) “” [“DKIM_private”]
   => string(0) “” [“action_function”]=> string(0) “” [“XMailer”]=> string(0) “”[“
   smtp”:protected]=> object(SMTP)#444 (12) { [“Version”]=> string(5) “5.2.7” [“
   SMTP_PORT”]=> int(25) [“CRLF”]=> string(2) “ “ [“do_debug”]=> bool(true) [“Debugoutput”]
   => string(4) “echo” [“do_verp”]=> bool(false) [“Timeout”]=> int(10) [“Timelimit”]
   => int(30) [“smtp_conn”:protected]=> bool(false) [“error”:protected]=> NULL [“
   helo_rply”:protected]=> NULL [“last_reply”:protected]=> string(0) “” } [“to”:
   protected]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(17) “stevesien@mac.com”[
   1]=> string(0) “” } } [“cc”:protected]=> array(0) { } [“bcc”:protected]=> array(
   0) { } [“ReplyTo”:protected]=> array(0) { } [“all_recipients”:protected]=> array(
   1) { [“stevesien@mac.com”]=> bool(true) } [“attachment”:protected]=> array(0){}[“
   CustomHeader”:protected]=> array(0) { } [“lastMessageID”:protected]=> string(
   51) “<6f0fe563a8efbeb4c44cc53a97abf615@redbirdbooks.org>” [“message_type”:protected]
   => string(5) “plain” [“boundary”:protected]=> array(3) { [1]=> string(35) “b1_6f0fe563a8efbeb4c44cc53a97abf615”[
   2]=> string(35) “b2_6f0fe563a8efbeb4c44cc53a97abf615” [3]=> string(35) “b3_6f0fe563a8efbeb4c44cc53a97abf615”}[“
   language”:protected]=> array(18) { [“authenticate”]=> string(35) “SMTP Error:
   Could not authenticate.” [“connect_host”]=> string(43) “SMTP Error: Could not
   connect to SMTP host.” [“data_not_accepted”]=> string(30) “SMTP Error: data not
   accepted.” [“empty_message”]=> string(18) “Message body empty” [“encoding”]=>
   string(18) “Unknown encoding: “ [“execute”]=> string(19) “Could not execute: “[“
   file_access”]=> string(23) “Could not access file: “ [“file_open”]=> string(33)“
   File Error: Could not open file: “ [“from_failed”]=> string(35) “The following
   From address failed: “ [“instantiate”]=> string(36) “Could not instantiate mail
   function.” [“invalid_address”]=> string(15) “Invalid address” [“mailer_not_supported”]
   => string(25) ” mailer is not supported.” [“provide_address”]=> string(54) “You
   must provide at least one recipient email address.” [“recipients_failed”]=> string(
   45) “SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: “ [“signing”]=> string(15) “
   Signing Error: “ [“smtp_connect_failed”]=> string(22) “SMTP connect() failed.”[“
   smtp_error”]=> string(19) “SMTP server error: “ [“variable_set”]=> string(30)“
   Cannot set or reset variable: “ } [“error_count”:protected]=> int(2) [“sign_cert_file”:
   protected]=> string(0) “” [“sign_key_file”:protected]=> string(0) “” [“sign_key_pass”:
   protected]=> string(0) “” [“exceptions”:protected]=> bool(true) } The SMTP debugging
   output is shown below: SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection
   refused (111)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] New forms send Mail once fields added will not send/receive mail](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-forms-send-mail-once-fields-added-will-not-sendreceive-mail/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-forms-send-mail-once-fields-added-will-not-sendreceive-mail/#post-6052395)
 * No not gmail Mac .com
    Once I change the default form , I no longer receive the
   mail.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] length of text box attribute not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/#post-5982959)
 * Regex validation? I still don’T think you understand my question. I want the 
   box to be 4 characters wide.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] length of text box attribute not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [11 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/length-of-text-box-attribute-not-working/#post-5982731)
 * it doesn’t work. I want a 4 character wide text box. I can set maxlength so you
   can only enter 4 characters but the box itself is much wider.
    I am talking about
   the settings in the Details section for a text field. Max length is 4 then there
   is the attributes:__________
 * I want the box itself to be 4 characters wide for inputting a quantity which 
   will not exceed 4 characters ie. 9999
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Any Mobile Theme Switcher] [Plugin: Any Mobile Theme Switcher] Switcher seems to break themes](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-any-mobile-theme-switcher-switcher-seems-to-break-themes/)
 *  [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [14 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-any-mobile-theme-switcher-switcher-seems-to-break-themes/#post-2784920)
 * I am having the same issue, once a theme is deactivated it does not keep its 
   settings that I set when it was active.
    Did you find the reason or fix?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Mailing List] [Plugin: Mailing List] an email a day](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-mailing-list-an-email-a-day/)
 *  Thread Starter [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [15 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-mailing-list-an-email-a-day/#post-2239565)
 * Warning: In safe mode, not everything will work as expected.
 * Also I am getting the above msg. What’S in safe mode?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[wordTube] [Plugin: wordTube] Support for JW Player for HTML5?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordtube-support-for-jw-player-for-html5/)
 *  [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [15 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordtube-support-for-jw-player-for-html5/#post-1681595)
 * Alex’s website says he stopped development of Wordtube, anyone know of a good
   alternative if WT breaks?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photo Gallery, Sliders, Proofing and Themes - NextGEN Gallery] [Plugin: NextGEN Gallery] Incompatable with WP3.0.3](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-incompatable-with-wp303/)
 *  [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-incompatable-with-wp303/page/2/#post-1809515)
 * I have had this happen several times. I had to rename the plugins folder , through
   FTP, then see if the site works with no plugins. If yes then add a new plugins
   folder and add plugins that you need one at a time and activate them . Do not
   add any plugins you don’t need , try the Nextgen and see if it’s ok now.
    Sometimes
   it’s plugin conflicts and you can narrow it down this way.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photo Gallery, Sliders, Proofing and Themes - NextGEN Gallery] [Plugin: NextGEN Gallery] Incompatable with WP3.0.3](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-incompatable-with-wp303/)
 *  [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [15 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-incompatable-with-wp303/#post-1809449)
 * Me too, 3.03, NG 1.7.2, all good
 * Thanks
    Alex
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photo Gallery, Sliders, Proofing and Themes - NextGEN Gallery] [Plugin: NextGEN Gallery] Incompatable with WP3.0.3](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-incompatable-with-wp303/)
 *  [stevesien](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/)
 * (@stevesien)
 * [15 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-incompatable-with-wp303/#post-1809400)
 * I did this also as below, stopped the message and everything still seems to be
   functioning ok.
    Also I am not on php 5, and won’t be for a few weeks at least.
 * > solved this issue by editing the database version in my wp_options table ( 
   > ngg_db_version ) to 1.7.0
   >  The page and alert is gone, everything seems fine
   > i guess… It may not be the correct method but it could be a temporarily work-
   > around…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stevesien/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)