Title: steve_cherry's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# steve_cherry

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Error in comments section of Blueblurry theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-in-comments-section-of-blueblurry-theme/)
 *  Thread Starter [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-in-comments-section-of-blueblurry-theme/#post-294022)
 * OK – For anyone reading this, I got a reply back from Pat at Blueblurry, and 
   also looked at moshu’s reply above. Moshu is right that comments template does
   call on the upload folder for WP. I had designated a bad folder in this section
   of WP admin, and therefore, the comnents template was trying to call info from
   an invalid folder. Once I fixed this and pointed the upload folder to the MG2
   images folder where the images reside – no problems.
 * Thanks everyone for the help.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Error in comments section of Blueblurry theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-in-comments-section-of-blueblurry-theme/)
 *  Thread Starter [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-in-comments-section-of-blueblurry-theme/#post-293965)
 * Moshu – Good question, and yes, a lot of the errors go away, but this one remains:
 * Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getexif() in /home/wcphotow/public_html/
   photoblog/wp-content/themes/blueblurry/comments-popup.php on line 32
 * Also – the ability to post comment goes away completely when I do that. No dialogue
   box, nothing…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Too many galleries to choose..advice please.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/too-many-galleries-to-chooseadvice-please/)
 *  [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/too-many-galleries-to-chooseadvice-please/page/2/#post-290641)
 * Hi there – I run a photoblog, and I am nothing more than a hack at setting things
   up on the web, but I have a good server host (iPowerweb) and I tried every gallery
   software listed above and more (bananalbum, simpleviewer etc). For simple flash
   style, I use Simpleviewer:
 * [http://www.wcphotoworks.com/simpleviewer/](http://www.wcphotoworks.com/simpleviewer/)
 * For my portfolio gallery, I like MG2:
 * [http://www.minigal.dk/](http://www.minigal.dk/)
 * It is smooth as silk to implement, has very intuitive and clean interface, and
   you can use all kinds of skins for appearance.
 * Hope this helps.
 * For what it’s worth, I think ZenPhoto (above) looks like a great solution too–
   very clean design and looks ‘pro’
 * Steve Cherry
    [http://www.wcphotoworks.com/photoblog/](http://www.wcphotoworks.com/photoblog/)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [“Next” and “Previous” Help needed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/)
 *  Thread Starter [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/#post-288590)
 * Ian – If you have a look at my blog you’ll see that I ended up going back to 
   the Blueblurry theme to accomplish what I needed. Your advice on excerpts got
   me going on the archive problem, and looking at old documentation by Pat got 
   my archives running. I can’t find an email for you, but you got me the closest
   to a solution, and true to my word, if you have a favorite image you’d like a
   print of, please let me know and I’ll get one sent out to you. Thanks again for
   your willingness to help.
 * Steve Cherry
    [http://www.wcphotoworks.com/photoblog/](http://www.wcphotoworks.com/photoblog/)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [“Next” and “Previous” Help needed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/)
 *  Thread Starter [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/#post-288483)
 * Ok – I have been playing with this off and on for a while, and I am afraid I 
   am just out of time. So far, the excerpt function got me the closest, but no 
   cigar. Ian – the code above(previous/next) produced weird results so I just left
   the original code intact for now lest I ruin the space-time continuum and completely
   screw this up – please forgive my lack of understanding there.
 * Let’s assume the following:
 * 1. all high-res images for posting already exist in a folder (gallery program
   called MG2) called imagename.jpg
    2. thumbs are also all created and reside on
   the same folder with exception: imagename_thumb.jpg 3. My Arzel theme does not
   come with files “archive.php” and “archives.php” (need to create those I think)
   4. I have a page created called “archives” and all images are under category “
   archives”
 * How do I get those thumbs to post on that page I created called “archives” using
   the excerpt box?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [“Next” and “Previous” Help needed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/)
 *  Thread Starter [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/#post-288428)
 * Ian – Thank you as well, I have not tried excerpt for this, so will try playing
   with an old post to see if I can get that to work. I think I understand your 
   directions re: archive and php changes. Will this create an archive of thumbs
   that I can click to get to the original full size posted pic?
 * Not sure I understand the next/previous part – I don’t think I understand what
   you mean by “template file reads” Is that the code I put into the original post
   to make it work?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [“Next” and “Previous” Help needed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/)
 *  Thread Starter [steve_cherry](https://wordpress.org/support/users/steve_cherry/)
 * (@steve_cherry)
 * [20 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/next-and-previous-help-needed/#post-288400)
 * miklb – Thanks very much for these links. I had not seen them before. Image browser
   does not seem to solve my issue with archive page – looks more like a tool to
   upload images and create thumbs. I prefer to upload images to my MG2 gallery,
   then use the “img” tag to embed the posted image on my blog. The Taly designs
   look quite compelling – nice design, but again, lacking archive page of thumbs.
   I did notice, however, that Taly’s own photoblog has a nice image archive page:
 * [http://www.taly.com.ar/fotolog/index.php/archivos/](http://www.taly.com.ar/fotolog/index.php/archivos/)
 * Also – I edited the above to reflect that the “next” “previous” trouble comes
   when I click on a past posting in Internet Explorer – problem goes away for most
   part in Firefox.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)