Title: stephen53's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# stephen53

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Unable to customize Permalink Settings for web page URLS](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-customize-permalink-settings-for-web-page-urls/)
 *  [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-customize-permalink-settings-for-web-page-urls/#post-3419654)
 * I have the same issue. I sure hope we can get a good solution to this.
    Thanks
   for posting. Someone help us! Thanks. ([My site](http://santarosahealing.com)).
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Permalinks to show page titles](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalinks-to-show-page-titles/)
 *  Thread Starter [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalinks-to-show-page-titles/#post-3423444)
 * Thank you – your advice helped regarding the comments issue.
 * My main issue, however, remains – changing permalinks to anything but ‘default’
   causes the pages to show ‘not found’ error 404. I tried saving permalink changes
   several times.
 * There must be a way to have page-name URL page addresses for static pages…
    I’ll
   appreciate any suggestions.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Want to remove “/blog2/” slug in page titles](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/want-to-remove-blog2-slug-in-page-titles/)
 *  Thread Starter [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/want-to-remove-blog2-slug-in-page-titles/#post-3395978)
 * This got resolved. I got a help from Yahoo, the site host.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Want to remove “/blog2/” slug in page titles](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/want-to-remove-blog2-slug-in-page-titles/)
 *  Thread Starter [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/want-to-remove-blog2-slug-in-page-titles/#post-3395914)
 * Thank you both.
    Songdogtech – It sounds terribly complicated, but I really want
   to fix it. I have just tried a different method which seemed relatively simple
   using a plugin – following directions at [this article](http://www.rockingtricks.com/remove-blog-slug-structure-from-default-wordpress-permalinks.html).
   But I had no success. I even tried editing in that fix-it plugin from “blog” 
   to “blog2”. So that leaves me back with your suggestions, Songdogtech. The link
   you sent had more than one article. Are you suggesting the one titled: “Using
   a pre-existing subdirectory install?” I don’t know where the “index” files are,
   and where the “root” directory is. Perhaps you can tell me more about this – 
   I’m not a real tech-knowledgeable person. Thank you very much!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [How can I remove an extra Home tab?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-remove-an-extra-home-tab/)
 *  Thread Starter [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-remove-an-extra-home-tab/#post-3383922)
 * Resolved.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [How can I remove an extra Home tab?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-remove-an-extra-home-tab/)
 *  Thread Starter [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-remove-an-extra-home-tab/#post-3383921)
 * It resolved on its own. Thank you!!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [How can I remove an extra Home tab?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-remove-an-extra-home-tab/)
 *  Thread Starter [stephen53](https://wordpress.org/support/users/stephen53/)
 * (@stephen53)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-remove-an-extra-home-tab/#post-3383861)
 * I deleted the following code:
 * `<li class="fst <?php if ( is_home() ) { ?>current_page_item<?php } ?>"><a href
   ="<?php echo get_settings('home'); ?>/" title="">Home</a></li>`
 * The issue remains, however it is different. The extra Home tab remains. However,
   when you click on the extra tab, which is the old blog tab, that makes it disappear.
   
   So once you click on it, the navigation bar looks as it should. I don’t know 
   what might fix it now. Any suggestions? Thanks…!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)