Title: squalk25's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# squalk25

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Accept Stripe Payments] Mis-entered open amount not validated, causing error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mis-entered-open-amount-not-validated-causing-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [7 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mis-entered-open-amount-not-validated-causing-error/#post-10915717)
 * Works great – field validation is correct and transaction processed cleanly.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Accept Stripe Payments] Mis-entered open amount not validated, causing error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mis-entered-open-amount-not-validated-causing-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [7 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mis-entered-open-amount-not-validated-causing-error/#post-10913754)
 * No change – same problem occurs.
 * Just tested in Chrome (where I have been testing) and Edge to make sure it’s 
   not a caching issue.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Accept Stripe Payments] Mis-entered open amount not validated, causing error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mis-entered-open-amount-not-validated-causing-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [7 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mis-entered-open-amount-not-validated-causing-error/#post-10913702)
 * Currency position: left
    Decimal separator: . Thousand separator: , Number of
   decimals: 2 Apply Separators Settings To Customer Input: currently checked Enable
   For All Buttons and Products: unchecked Field Name: [blank] Field Description:[
   blank] Text Field Description Location: Placeholder Position: Above button Field
   Type: Text Mandatory: unchecked Enable Terms and Conditions: unchecked Checkbox
   Text: (default) Store Customer’s IP Address: unchecked Position: Above button
   Disable Buttons Before Javascript Loads: checked
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[MH Magazine lite] Page numbers showing after excerpt](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/page-numbers-showing-after-excerpt/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [10 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/page-numbers-showing-after-excerpt/#post-6692211)
 * Also, we have the full theme but I was checking here to see if the problem had
   already been reported.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Arunachala] Front page posts called from where?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/front-page-posts-called-from-where/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/front-page-posts-called-from-where/#post-4792773)
 * Turns out I was reading your loops far too quickly – I missed that you have the
   all templates first checking to see if it’s a search or home page, and then laying
   out via the ‘else’ clause. So to achieve what I was looking to achieve, I needed
   to alter the basic excerpt function, as it will only come into play on search
   and home pages.
 * Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Old database name showing on error message even with updated wp-config](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/old-database-name-showing-on-error-message-even-with-updated-wp-config/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [14 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/old-database-name-showing-on-error-message-even-with-updated-wp-config/#post-3007982)
 * An embarrassing error on my part which I’ll relate here for anyone else who winds
   up in my situation:
 * I was transferring both the domain name and the WordPress build to the new host.
   At some point I set the DNS on the new host to point to the old one, probably
   to cover the transition. Once I reset to the 1and1 name servers I could connect
   to the database without difficulty.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Old database name showing on error message even with updated wp-config](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/old-database-name-showing-on-error-message-even-with-updated-wp-config/)
 *  Thread Starter [squalk25](https://wordpress.org/support/users/squalk25/)
 * (@squalk25)
 * [14 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/old-database-name-showing-on-error-message-even-with-updated-wp-config/#post-3007789)
 * I’ve gone into my new host (1and1) and confirmed everything. And, again, it’s
   a very different naming convention. The error message is effectively saying ‘
   can’t connect to SquidWorth’ and the wp-config file – both my local and the server
   copy – and the new db are something like db1110022233.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)