Title: spacechampion's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# spacechampion

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Page manager] [Plugin: Page manager] thanks!](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-page-manager-thanks/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [15 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-page-manager-thanks/#post-1755230)
 * I will second the thanks, and also the request to make this work for custom post
   types!
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Media Library Support in Custom Fields](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-support/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-support/#post-1680744)
 * Yes, thanks. Please email me [here](http://interplanetary.ca/spacechampions.com/)
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Media Library Support in Custom Fields](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-support/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-support/#post-1680739)
 * I see. Which core files did you modify? I would be interested in seeing the code.
   Maybe a plugin would be possible to develop.
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Request – Media Library ( Remove attachment w/o forced delete )](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/request-media-library-remove-attachment-wo-forced-delete/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/request-media-library-remove-attachment-wo-forced-delete/#post-1684268)
 * You are welcome. I agree some improvement could be made. Best to go over to shiba’s
   site to suggest them.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Janrain Social Login] [Plugin: Janrain Engage – Register, Login and Share with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo! and OpenI](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-janrain-engage-register-login-and-share-with-facebook-twitter-google-yahoo-and-openid-plugin-does-not-display-option-in-comments/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-janrain-engage-register-login-and-share-with-facebook-twitter-google-yahoo-and-openid-plugin-does-not-display-option-in-comments/#post-1679979)
 * I guess this is their answer: [https://support.janrain.com/entries/261852-what-happened-to-the-rpx-comment-hint-from-the-old-plugin](https://support.janrain.com/entries/261852-what-happened-to-the-rpx-comment-hint-from-the-old-plugin)
 * They upgraded the plugin but WP3.0 does this differently so they didn’t update
   the comment section login buttons; hopefully it will be added back into a future
   version sooner rather than later.
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Media Library Folders](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-libary-folders/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-libary-folders/#post-1674159)
 * There is a plugin to replace a media file.
    [http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/enable-media-replace/](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/enable-media-replace/)
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Please add a post order option](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-add-a-post-order-option/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-add-a-post-order-option/#post-1679361)
 * Why don’t you just use a gallery?
 * [http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/media-library-plus-plugin](http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/media-library-plus-plugin)
   
   allows you to add tags to files.
 * [http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/super-wordpress-gallery-plugin](http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/super-wordpress-gallery-plugin)
   
   allows you to make galleries from tags.
 * Just create one post or page with the gallery attached, and stick that on your
   front page or wherever you like.
 * You’ll have a Galleries menu where you can add images and reorder them as you
   like.
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Media Library Support in Custom Fields](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-support/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-support/#post-1680722)
 * I’m not sure why you had to modify the core. I have a video plugin I created 
   that attaches video files and poster images from the media library to a custom
   post type called video.
 * Granted, it doesn’t do this within the video post using the Add Media link above
   the Visual Editor — instead I have to go to the media library and attach to the
   post there. But since I am attaching multiples files at once it works for me.
 * Did you have to modify the core because the Visual Editor can’t be modified with
   a plugin?
 *   Forum: [Requests and Feedback](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/requests-and-feedback/)
   
   In reply to: [Request – Media Library ( Remove attachment w/o forced delete )](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/request-media-library-remove-attachment-wo-forced-delete/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/request-media-library-remove-attachment-wo-forced-delete/#post-1684178)
 * This plugin does it:
    [http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/media-library-plus-plugin](http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/media-library-plus-plugin)
 * It allows you to attach and detach single attachments or in bulk to posts, pages,
   custom posts, and galleries.
 * I don’t know why it is not in the plugin directory, but I use it and have had
   no problem with it.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Hostname](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hostname-4/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hostname-4/#post-1684779)
 * Sounds like it means the name of the specific ftp server your files are on. It
   might have an address like [http://subdomain.yourdomain.com](http://subdomain.yourdomain.com)—
   log into godaddy, go to the control panel for that domain, go to the DNS settings
   and find out there what server your ftp account is on.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Janrain Social Login] [Plugin: Janrain Engage – Register, Login and Share with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo! and OpenI](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-janrain-engage-register-login-and-share-with-facebook-twitter-google-yahoo-and-openid-plugin-does-not-display-option-in-comments/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-janrain-engage-register-login-and-share-with-facebook-twitter-google-yahoo-and-openid-plugin-does-not-display-option-in-comments/#post-1679945)
 * Same here. I hope this is solved soon.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Theme My Login] [Plugin: Theme My Login] Custom user link to author page?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-theme-my-login-custom-user-link-to-author-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-theme-my-login-custom-user-link-to-author-page/#post-1639438)
 * The author link, yes. It’s not just the author’s posts on it, but his/her gravatar,
   bio, and additional fields.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Job Manager] [Plugin: Job Manager] Editor: permissions denied](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-job-manager-editor-permissions-denied/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-job-manager-editor-permissions-denied/#post-1629929)
 * Here’s what I did that worked (but one issue remain to be verified):
 * 1, Created a list_other_posts capability using Capability Manager plugin.
    2.
   Assigned list_other_posts to admin and editor and associate, but not member. 
   3. Modified the Manage Your Own Posts plugin to restrict listings based on whether
   the list_other_posts capability was present. (This plugin is not in the wordpress
   plugin directory, and uses the old ‘level_5’ capability, so that had to be changed).
   4 Looking into your plugin I see the admin menu it adds for those with publish_posts
   capability, so I had to remove that capability from my Member to avoid them being
   able to add jobs — however, now I have to publish posts for my members…
 * This would work better with a custom capability…
    I might have to change your
   admin_menu_page function call so I can add publish_posts back for my Members 
   and restrict job manager based on something like “manage_jobs”.
 * Any chance you can incorporate that into your plugin? As said above add_jobs,
   edit_own_jobs, edit_others_jobs, delete_jobs, delete_own_jobs as well as manage_jobs
   for the menu appearing would be great to have.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Job Manager] [Plugin: Job Manager] Conflict with MU blog creation](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-job-manager-conflict-with-mu-blog-creation/)
 *  Thread Starter [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-job-manager-conflict-with-mu-blog-creation/#post-1631402)
 * Turns out I didn’t need multisites. My client misunderstood what she wanted. 
   So fortunately this issue doesn’t affect me anymore! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Networking WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/multisite/)
   
   In reply to: [No theme loaded when creating new blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-theme-loaded-when-creating-new-blog/)
 *  [spacechampion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/)
 * (@spacechannel)
 * [16 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-theme-loaded-when-creating-new-blog/#post-1627270)
 * Now I hang my head in shame. FTP’d to the wrong folder on the server.
    🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/spacechannel/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)