Title: smithgt's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# smithgt

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[4](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/4/?output_format=md)
[5](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/5/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Support for PHP v8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/support-for-php-v8/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [3 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/support-for-php-v8/#post-16555998)
 * ok – I don’t have a header image so I’ve just changed those lines in the functions.
   php
 *     ```wp-block-code
       /**
        * Outputs Custom Logo URL.
        *  
       */
       if ( ! function_exists( 'happenstance_custom_logo' ) ) {
       function happenstance_custom_logo() {	
       if ( function_exists('the_custom_logo') ) {
       $custom_logo_id = get_theme_mod('custom_logo');
       $image = wp_get_attachment_image_src($custom_logo_id , 'full');
       return '';
       /**  $image[0];
       */
       } else {
       return '';
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photo Gallery by 10Web - Mobile-Friendly Image Gallery] Editor can’t create a new Gallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/editor-cant-create-a-new-gallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [4 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/editor-cant-create-a-new-gallery/#post-15062439)
 * Perfect – Thank you.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Home page won't open, browser tries to download a file instead](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-wont-open-browser-tries-to-download-a-file-instead/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-wont-open-browser-tries-to-download-a-file-instead/#post-7587824)
 * I’ve managed to fix this as there was a file called index.htm.old that contained
   the HTTP redirect.
 * I’ve removed this this file and now all is well.
 * Thanks for you help.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Home page won't open, browser tries to download a file instead](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-wont-open-browser-tries-to-download-a-file-instead/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-wont-open-browser-tries-to-download-a-file-instead/#post-7587818)
 * # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule
   ^index\.php$ – [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}!-
   d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule>
 * # END WordPress
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Home page won't open, browser tries to download a file instead](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-wont-open-browser-tries-to-download-a-file-instead/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-wont-open-browser-tries-to-download-a-file-instead/#post-7587785)
 * I don’t know from where it’s getting the REFRESH as originally I’d placed an 
   index.htm in the root which I’ve since removed.
 * The current files are:
 * . htaccess
    index. php license_txt [@readme](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readme/).
   html wp-activate_php wp-blog-header.php Wp-comments-post.php wp-config-sample.
   php WP-config_ php wp—cron.php wp-links-opml.php wp-load.php wp-login.php wp-
   mail. php wp-settings.php wp-signup_php wp-trackback.php xmlrpc.php
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Pretty file list] Doesn't work](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/doesnt-work-440/)
 *  [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/doesnt-work-440/#post-4368059)
 * Hmmmm, I’m having a similar problem with DOCX files, so I saved the file as a.
   DOC and im having limited success.
 * This page:
    [http://1st.great-bentley.co.uk/hq/annual-reports/](http://1st.great-bentley.co.uk/hq/annual-reports/)
 * has these two bits of code:
 * [prettyfilelist type=”doc” filesPerPage=”3″]
 * [prettyfilelist type=”pdf” filesPerPage=”10″]
 * The DOC doesn’t appear, and if I upload a DOCX then both lists contain both PDF
   and DOCX files.
 * Any ideas?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Mailchimp List Subscribe Form] Widget too Wide](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-too-wide-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-too-wide-1/#post-4848173)
 * Thanks – very much appreciated.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Mailchimp List Subscribe Form] Widget too Wide](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-too-wide-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-too-wide-1/#post-4848157)
 * Thanks, can you advise what I’d need to change to remove/adjust the massive white
   space between fields?
 * I’ve used
 * #mc_signup_form .mc_var_label {
    display: inline; line-height: 1.5em; }
 * to adjust the labels, can am not sure how to fix/adjust the fields.
 * thanks
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Mailchimp List Subscribe Form] Widget too Wide](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-too-wide-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/widget-too-wide-1/#post-4848137)
 * Sorry I’d been playing with non-widget options.
 * I’ve put the widget back so it appears on every page and also on the footer here
 * [http://www.gbstop.co.uk/our-objections/](http://www.gbstop.co.uk/our-objections/)
 * thanks MC_Dominic
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-uploaded-file-could-not-be-moved-to-wp-contentuploads-5/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [12 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-uploaded-file-could-not-be-moved-to-wp-contentuploads-5/#post-4243378)
 * This was actually a host issue. I’d reached the max number of file uploads, so
   a little bit of housekeeping have fixed this issue.
 * thanks
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Delete or Lost Media](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/delete-or-lost-media/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [13 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/delete-or-lost-media/#post-3659698)
 * OK – Thanks for you assistance.
 * I’ll check for another local backup.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Delete or Lost Media](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/delete-or-lost-media/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [13 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/delete-or-lost-media/#post-3659694)
 * I’ve checked via FTP and the original folders are empty 🙁
 * I’m hoping I have a hosting backup….
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Applying a style to images?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/applying-a-style-to-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [14 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/applying-a-style-to-images/#post-3098866)
 * Ah…. Fixed it.
 * I had a padding value of 2 which was preventing the rounding!
 * So thanks again!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Applying a style to images?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/applying-a-style-to-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [14 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/applying-a-style-to-images/#post-3098863)
 * Thanks – I’ve tried that an it’s put a rounder border on a square edge photo.
 * Is it possible to round the photo too?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Pretty file list] [Plugin: Pretty file list] Sorting File List](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-pretty-file-list-sorting-file-list/)
 *  [smithgt](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/)
 * (@smithgt)
 * [14 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-pretty-file-list-sorting-file-list/#post-2784989)
 * What about making this list sort in Reverse?
 * Is that possible too?
 * thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[4](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/4/?output_format=md)
[5](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/5/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/smithgt/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)