Title: shockdav's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# shockdav

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wordfence Security - Firewall, Malware Scan, and Login Security] Is this better than iThemes security?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-this-better-than-ithemes-security/)
 *  [shockdav](https://wordpress.org/support/users/shockdav/)
 * (@shockdav)
 * [11 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-this-better-than-ithemes-security/#post-4904728)
 * I just tested two copies of an infected wordpress website.
 * Copy A: Ran a malware the free version of wordfence
    Copy B: Ran a malware the
   Pro(Paid) version of itheme Security
 * Here are my findings:
    1. Wordfence: was able to detect the malware (backdoors)
   in my website by performing a scan on my website 2. iTheme: did not find any 
   malware, it said that there were no malware found.
 * After trying this numerous time I did not felt secure with iTheme as it did not
   detect a single malware. On the other hand Wordfence detected a over 30 malware
   in my website and was able to remove them all. Also, wordfence seems to be on
   top of virus scanning. I recently experience one of my website being hacked by
   a malware (CryptoPHP) which was a virus that was recently discover in November
   10, 2014. After numerous of attempt to try to detect the file that was causing
   leaving the backdoor open I couldn’t get any help from the plugin iTheme Security.
 * This is when I started looking at Wordfence. Right away in their blog I saw a
   post about them talking about this new malware that it was spreading in themes
   and plugins. Wordfence intermediately included a new search algorithm that was
   able to scan images in search for the CryptoPHP file. They were successful to
   identified the source and point it out to us.
 * In my perception wordfence it is a lot more advance than itheme security.
    I’m
   placing a copy in all my sites.
 * I would like to hear your experiences too,

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)