Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I figured out the problem. My CSV file just had one row, which had the data I wanted to import.

    The import tool ignores the first row as it expects it to contain the column names. Since my CSV just had one row of data the importer was ignoring it. When I added column names to the first row, and moved my data to the second row, it imported the data as expected.

    It may be a good idea to add a note to the import page letting people know that the first row needs to contain column names, and will be ignored by the import tool.

    Also, it’s a little confusing because the import tool still says the first row was imported as well.

    So when my CSV only had one row the tool was ignoring the first row, but still saying that 1 record was imported, when no records were imported. When I added the column names to my CSV file, the import tool said 2 records were imported, when only 1 record was imported.

    When it shows the number of records imported it should NOT include the first row, with column names, in the count since that row doesn’t get imported. So when it shows the total number of records that are imported it should be 1 less than the number it shows now.

    I also tried using the form title, instead of the id, like you suggested and the same thing happens. It says it was imported, but it doesn’t actually get imported.

    I did request access to the sample CSV file you linked above.

    The shortcode for the form is [give_form id=”7″] and I was using 7 in my CSV.

    My CSV looks like this:

    John,Doe,johndoe@hotmail.com,10,7

    The 10 is the donation amount, and 7 is the donation form id.

    I was just trying with one donation for now, so my CSV file is pretty simple.

    The file has 5 columns:

    firstname,lastname,email,donationamount,donationformid

    At first I was missing the Donation Form ID, and the importer showed a message. So I added that, and the importer no longer shows any errors, and says that the 1 donation WAS successfully imported.

    Thanks for the info.

    Ideally I wouldn’t want the e-mail sent at all until after the IPN was received.

    So let the order go through, set a “pending payment”. Then when the IPN comes in have that trigger the sending of the “processing” e-mail.

    Or maybe even have PayPal orders automatically put “on hold”, then when I manually change the order status the e-mail would be sent with the correct information.

    sherwin_flight

    (@sherwin_flight)

    All of the files and folders? So I can just leave a completely empty wp-content/cache folder and everything will be re-built, and there shouldn’t be any errors?

    I commented the line out, so it’s fine.

    However, it may be a good idea when you release the next version to skip 1.3.8. For people that updated, and commented out the line, I assume that we won’t get an update notification until 1.3.9.

    Hi,

    I had the same problem and figured out a solution that worked for me. In my case I had an apostrophe (‘) in the description of some of my files. Those files wouldn’t let me edit them. It turns out this was due to a bug in the code. I found a couple small fixes that corrected the problem for me.

    These files can be edited through your normal html editor, or through WordPress bu editing the source of the plugin.

    The file you need to edit is dm-main.php

    Around page 215 you’ll see:

    echo "    <td class=\"alternate\"><a href=\"#edit\" onClick=\"EditDownload('".$row['id']."', '".$row['name']."', '".$row['catname']."', '".$row['icon']."', '".$row['description']."', '".$row['permissions']."', '".$row['link']."', '".date('d/m/Y', $row['date'])."', '".$row['clicks']."');\" class=\"edit\">".__('Edit', 'downloads-manager')."</a></td>\n";
          echo "  </tr>\n";

    You’ll need to replace it with:

    echo "    <td class=\"alternate\"><a href=\"#edit\" onClick=\"EditDownload('".$row['id']."', '".addslashes($row['name'])."', '".addslashes($row['catname'])."', '".$row['icon']."', '".addslashes($row['description'])."', '".$row['permissions']."', '".$row['link']."', '".date('d/m/Y', $row['date'])."', '".$row['clicks']."');\" class=\"edit\">".__('Edit', 'downloads-manager')."</a></td>\n";
          echo "  </tr>\n";

    All I did was put addslashes() around $row[‘name’], $row[‘catname’], and $row[‘description’]. So now if one of those fields contains an apostrophe it will not cause this error.

    I am not able to edit those files without a problem!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)