Title: settler's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# settler

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/3/#post-6854012)
 * Yes, I’ve just tested it on a fresh wordpress installation and it didn’t work
   from me as well. However it was working before. I don’t know what happened.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/2/#post-6854010)
 * This is the correct plugin:
 * [https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3mSdYwJ6ErqSVdqbW9saDIzUm8](https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3mSdYwJ6ErqSVdqbW9saDIzUm8)
 * You should have the option “Disable for this post” pre-cheched for all the new
   posts. Also in the settings make sure the option:
 * “Set the first attached image in a post as the featured image” is selected.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/2/#post-6854007)
 * Hey, for me it was fixed by using the following plugin:
 * [https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-featured-image-from-title/](https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-featured-image-from-title/)
 * The author of the plugin helped me to resolve the issue.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/2/#post-6853952)
 * Thank you 🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/2/#post-6853949)
 * [@esmi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/esmi/), thank you, its me that I 
   provided the credentials, please edit the post and delete the credentials information.
   Thank you.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/2/#post-6853947)
 * [@esmi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/esmi/) thank you for your advice.
   This is just a test site and is not going to exist after couple of days, it will
   be deleted forever.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/page/2/#post-6853945)
 * Awesome! Yes, please log in 🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853937)
 * I see. Alright, thank you for your time on this. I will look at the suggested
   plugin. Also if you release this feature, please let me know 🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853935)
 * No, problem. Please continue. This is a test site, so no feel free to test 🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853933)
 * Great, I have just deleted the plugin by FTP.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853931)
 * The new feature is still not working even on a fresh installation of wordpress.
   For example if you login on the following link:
 * [http://www.alltipsloans.com/wordpress/wp-admin/post.php?post=8&action=edit](http://www.alltipsloans.com/wordpress/wp-admin/post.php?post=8&action=edit)
 * _[redacted]_
 * I used the post content of the above post and created the post with an image,
   but as you can see the featured image is still not set. If I choose from content
   it is setting it but not from the image URL.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853929)
 * The “Disable for this post” wasn’t checked, I’ve just tested it with removing
   the code you mentioned and it is still not setting the featured image.
 * I found that the hook ‘afift_set_featured_image’ wasn’t called. I changed it 
   with ‘save_post’ and then I found that the images array was empty. Probably because
   I am trying with a new post and it has still not having the “attached” images
   existing?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853923)
 * Hey,
 * The following post is having an image in its content like in the screenshot:
 * [https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3mSdYwJ6ErqVDlMclZLTmNhaG8](https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3mSdYwJ6ErqVDlMclZLTmNhaG8)
 * but when I save it, the image does not become a featured image.
 * I have tried it with the checkbox enabled on. Is there some combination in the
   settings I should use? I used ‘Text to Write onto Generated Images’ – all 3 –
   post title, post excerpt and post content, but it is not setting the image into
   the post content as “featured”.
 *  Thank you very much for your time.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Autoset Featured Image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [settler](https://wordpress.org/support/users/settler/)
 * (@settler)
 * [10 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoset-featured-image-1/#post-6853840)
 * Hey Chris,
 * Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve also tried your plugin and it is great, but 
   it does not do what I am looking for.
 * The desired behavior is to set the featured image from one image in the post 
   content. For example if it finds some image URL in the post content, then it 
   sets it as a featured image if there is no featured image manually set. This 
   will save time of manual work.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)