Title: sergiorett's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# sergiorett

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[TranslatePress - Translate Multilingual sites with AI Translation] ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS on secondary language URL /en/](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/err_too_many_redirects-on-secondary-language-url-en/)
 *  Thread Starter [sergiorett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergiorett/)
 * (@sergiorett)
 * [2 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/err_too_many_redirects-on-secondary-language-url-en/#post-19028613)
 * Hello Anca,
 * Thank you for your reply. I have now checked all the points you mentioned.
 * **1. “Do not translate certain paths”**
 * This option is not enabled.
 * Under:
   **TranslatePress → Advanced → Exclude Strings & Pages → Do not translate
   certain paths**
 * no option is selected and the paths field is completely empty.
 * **2. Does the issue appear only on the homepage or on other pages as well?**
 * This is an important finding:
 * The problem appears **only on the homepage of the secondary language**.
 * For example:
 * `https://reverserettgreece.gr/en/`
 * fails, while internal pages under the English language path load normally.
 * I tested the Rett syndrome page and it opens correctly under the `/en/` language
   path.
 * So translated internal URLs are working; the problem is specifically with the
   root homepage of the secondary language.
 * **3. Does the issue also appear with another language, such as French?**
 * Yes.
 * I tested French as the secondary language and:
 * `https://reverserettgreece.gr/fr/`
 * shows the same problem.
 * I then discovered something even more specific: the issue is **not tied to English
   or French themselves**.
 * Whichever language is configured as the **secondary language**, its homepage 
   fails.
 * In other words:
    - the default-language homepage works;
    - the secondary-language homepage fails;
    - changing the secondary language does not change the behavior;
    - internal pages of the secondary language can still load.
 * This makes the problem appear related to **secondary-language homepage routing**,
   rather than to a specific language.
 * **4. Have I used another translation plugin, such as GTranslate?**
 * No. I have not used GTranslate or another translation plugin on this site.
 * **5. Redirect rules outside `.htaccess`**
 * I have already checked several possible sources:
    - `.htaccess` contains only the standard WordPress rewrite rules and normal 
      compression/cache directives.
    - There is no Redirection plugin in use.
    - I disabled all other plugins and tested with only TranslatePress active; the
      problem remained.
    - I temporarily disabled the hosting-level **Force HTTPS** option; the problem
      remained.
    - I also tested with the security/SSL plugin disabled; no change.
    - WordPress Address and Site Address are both configured as:
      `https://reverserettgreece.
      gr`
 * I do not have direct access to the web server’s NGINX configuration, so if you
   believe this should also be checked, I can ask the hosting provider to verify
   it.
 * **6. Additional HTTPS-related behavior**
 * There is another detail that may be relevant.
 * When accessing the homepage of the secondary language, the browser sometimes 
   reports that the site does not support a secure connection and appears to fall
   back to, or attempt to use, an HTTP version.
 * I have attached a screenshot showing this behavior with `/fr/`.
 * This is especially interesting because:
    - the default Greek site works correctly over HTTPS;
    - internal translated pages can load;
    - only the secondary-language homepage is affected;
    - the same behavior occurs regardless of which language is configured as secondary.
 * I had also noticed earlier that the TranslatePress Google API credential test
   reports:
 * `http://reverserettgreece.gr`
 * as the HTTP Referrer, even though the website itself is configured and served
   over HTTPS.
 * The Google Translation API test itself succeeds with `200 OK`.
 * **7. Staging site**
 * At the moment I do not have a staging environment available on the current hosting
   plan.
 * The live site has now been launched in Greek, so I prefer not to leave a broken
   secondary-language homepage publicly exposed.
 * I can temporarily activate TranslatePress on the live site for additional diagnostics
   if necessary, or I can provide a staging environment once I upgrade the hosting
   plan.
 * Based on the above, the issue now seems specifically related to the **homepage
   handling of the secondary language**, possibly involving canonical redirects,
   language-root routing, or HTTPS scheme detection.
 * Please let me know what you would recommend checking next.
 * Kind regards,
   Sergey Dmitriev

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)