Title: Sebastian's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Sebastian

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[4](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/4/?output_format=md)
[5](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/5/?output_format=md)
[6](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/6/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Multiple Pictures do not import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multiple-pictures-do-not-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [10 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multiple-pictures-do-not-import/#post-6429301)
 * [@mholmer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mholmer/): Sorry, just saw your
   post. Can you please run the diff using the -u option?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Multiple Pictures do not import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multiple-pictures-do-not-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [11 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multiple-pictures-do-not-import/#post-6429140)
 * That’s a known limitation of the plugin. There is nothing you can do about it–
   besides hacking the plugin code 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Import Not Gathering All Activity](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/import-not-gathering-all-activity/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/import-not-gathering-all-activity/#post-5344675)
 * There could be several reasons why certain activities are not imported. For example,
   we don’t import shares, so when you re-share something of another user. Also,
   an activity might not be public.
 *   Forum: [Hacks](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/hacks/)
   
   In reply to: [LUIS VUITTON](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/luis-vuitton/)
 *  [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/luis-vuitton/#post-5331028)
 * Mmmh, so you probably need to delete the spam articles and comments. Also, you
   might be better off starting with a clean install to make sure no backdoors are
   present. But that could be a lot of work depending how many posts you need to
   migrate.
 *   Forum: [Hacks](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/hacks/)
   
   In reply to: [Need help on localizing my plugin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/need-help-on-localizing-my-plugin/)
 *  Thread Starter [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/need-help-on-localizing-my-plugin/#post-5331027)
 * I just noticed that it is working fine on my live site. But it is not working
   fine on my local installation, even though all other parts of the admin UI are
   localized. I’m grateful for any pointers!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301756)
 * Ok, version released, many thanks for your contribution!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301754)
 * I ran another test and fixed a few things. First, I got rid of the following 
   warning:
 * _Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$nextPageToken in /home/steinchen/work/
   programmierung/wordpress/g-crossposting/branches/import-all-branch/g-crossposting.
   php on line 555_
 * Second, there was a nasty problem when an automated import is triggered at the
   same time as when a manual import is running. In that case, it could happen that
   mass import was not importing everything as it stopped on last_activity_id imported.
   I completely removed this legacy duplicate control check.
 * I will have another test round tomorrow so see if there are any regressions. 
   Also, UI translation of the plugin doesn’t seem to work, but that’s another problem…
 * Latest code is in trunk/.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301739)
 * I merged your branch with some minor updates in trunk/. If you think my merging
   was done correctly, I think we are ready to go to ship version 1.6.0 with your
   new feature included. Just give me a go 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301727)
 * I cleared my database before running the import. Unless I missed something, it
   should have imported everything. Does it work for you with an account with that
   many activities?
 * We could also try to rework the duplicate detection logic, even though this is
   a bit critical code. If it doesn’t work, we screw up many live installations,
   so we have to be careful.
 * My initial strategy in the first versions of the plugin was to keep track of 
   the latest activity I imported. You will find in the database an option last_activity
   for that.
 * Unfortunately, it turned out that sometimes activities are not returned in order
   from G+ API. Therefore, I now keep track of every single activity ID imported.
 * Technically, it is not needed anymore to have the mechanism of last_activity.
   If you like, you could try to comment out the code about last_activity.
 * As a test case, you could try posts from my public profile with the ID +SebastianStein.
   It only imports 142 of 145 activities. Not sure what’s the problem with the other
   3 activities.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301716)
 * I tried your branch. What I don’t understand is why it is not importing everything
   for my test case. At the end, the counter says imported 164 of 260 activities.
   Why is that?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301710)
 * I’ve added you as a committer to the g-crossposting repo. Here is a guide how
   to get started with SVN on wordpress.org:
 * [http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Subversion](http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Subversion)
 * Please first create a new branch with your changes so that I can review them.
 * I’m fine with a separate “import all” option. Usually, people only need to import
   stuff once and there are not thousands of new posts to import every few minutes.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Suggestion for mass manual import](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/suggestion-for-mass-manual-import/#post-5301668)
 * Thank you for the patch!!! I won’t be able to submit this week.
 * As far as I can see, you changed the behaviour of the manual mass import of importing
   max. 100 items to importing everything.
 * The idea of this manual import was to trigger exactly the same action as when
   the plugin gets automatically triggered by WordPress. Therefore, the manual import
   should respect all settings like the max. number of posts to import.
 * Therefore, I like to ask you to rework the patch so that:
    - an “all” option is added to the number of posts to import dropdown box
    - the manual import only imports as many posts as set by the user, which could
      be all or one of the other numbers
 * If you got access to WordPress SVN repo, I can also give you write access so 
   that you can prepare your changes in a branch if you like.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] The plugin installed and been activated but no settings option displayed.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-plugin-installed-and-been-activated-but-no-settings-option-displayed/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-plugin-installed-and-been-activated-but-no-settings-option-displayed/#post-5132214)
 * Settings should be displayed under the following URL:
 * [http://your-domain-and-blog/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=g-crossposting-key-config](http://your-domain-and-blog/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=g-crossposting-key-config)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] Fatal error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-1301/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-1301/#post-5181118)
 * Please post which WP version and plugin version you are using. I just tested 
   with the recent versions and everything was fine.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Google+ Crossposting] How to re-import posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-re-import-posts/)
 *  Plugin Author [Sebastian](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/)
 * (@sebstein)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-re-import-posts/#post-5043407)
 * That sounds a bit strange. Are you sure the older posts are still public? Also,
   how many posts are you importing? Maybe you limited it to 7?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[4](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/4/?output_format=md)
[5](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/5/?output_format=md)
[6](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/6/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sebstein/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)