Title: scott_van's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# scott_van

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[OceanWP] Critical Error on https://wp.michaelmckenney.com](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/critical-error-on-https-wp-michaelmckenney-com/)
 *  [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [4 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/critical-error-on-https-wp-michaelmckenney-com/#post-15901687)
 * My site is also down and probably a lot of other sites. The site sent me and 
   email
 * The site (WordPress) sent me an email with the error message below and provided
   a link to access the site in recovery mode. I deleted OceanWP and reinstalled
   but the theme failed to load.
 * “OceanWP: This theme failed to load properly and was paused within the admin 
   backend.”
 * WordPress version 6.0.1
    Active theme: a child them of OceanWP with minimal mods
   Parent theme: latest OceanWP PHP version 7.4.30
 * Error Details
    ============= An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line
   128 of the file /home/mmmmmm/public_html/site.org/wp-content/themes/oceanwp/inc/
   customizer/controls/typography/webfonts.php. Error message: Cannot redeclare 
   oceanwp_webfonts_enqueue() (previously declared in /home/mmmmm/public_html/site.
   org/wp-content/plugins/ocean-extra/includes/compatibility/ocean.php:94)`
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[jQuery UI Widgets] jQuery UI Widgets on SSL enabled pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jquery-ui-widgets-on-ssl-enabled-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [11 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jquery-ui-widgets-on-ssl-enabled-pages/#post-6170612)
 * Looks like the forum filtered out the url for the info. Let me try that again.
 * [http://wptavern.com/wordpress-tip-how-to-load-google-fonts-over-ssl-and-non-ssl](http://wptavern.com/wordpress-tip-how-to-load-google-fonts-over-ssl-and-non-ssl)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problems migrating from s2members pro's levels to custom capabilities](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-migrating-from-s2members-pros-levels-to-custom-capabilities/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [11 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-migrating-from-s2members-pros-levels-to-custom-capabilities/#post-5977695)
 * Thanks for that KTS915. I agree database residuals can remain after some plugins
   are deactivated. Deactivation is distinct from un-installing. Having worked with
   WordPress for five years or so, I’ve learned to be conservative with my plugin
   selection aiming for well established plugins by quality developers. On the many
   sites I work on, I have rarely had any plugin conflicts because of it.
 * So this database has ~350 records in the `wp_options` table, most are transients.
   Lots related to GravityForms and the other plugins. Can you or anyone else suggest
   a strategy of what to look for and how to test.
 * Also, any other ideas to tackle this problem?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problems migrating from s2members pro's levels to custom capabilities](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-migrating-from-s2members-pros-levels-to-custom-capabilities/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [11 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-migrating-from-s2members-pros-levels-to-custom-capabilities/#post-5977693)
 * [What a busy week for me.] Okay, to troubleshoot this I first setup another WordPress
   site in my sandbox with s2member as the only plugin. I used the _s theme ([http://underscores.me/](http://underscores.me/))
   which is the framework I used to make the production theme. Out of the box I 
   got the custom capabilities to work. Just had to confirm that CC does indeed 
   work and, yes, it does (awesome plugin!).
 * Next I transferred the production theme to the test WordPress install and configured
   it to use the theme’s menus. The CC continued to work so I have excluded any 
   coding issues in the theme files itself.
 * In the sandbox version of the production site where I am having the problem I’ve
   systematically turned off all plugins and test CC. I got down to s2members alone
   and I am still having the issue thus ruling out a plugin conflict.
 * This tells me that either the s2members installation has a historical configuration
   issue that wasn’t relevant when using the four default levels or, less likely,
   that there is some kind of issue in the database unrelated to s2members but impacting
   it.
 * Any advice on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problems migrating from s2members pro's levels to custom capabilities](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-migrating-from-s2members-pros-levels-to-custom-capabilities/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [11 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-migrating-from-s2members-pros-levels-to-custom-capabilities/#post-5977453)
 * Thanks for spotting that, KT915. Interesting that I could still see the menu 
   without the quotes around access_s2member_ccap_pfs_module_1 in the sidebar code.
 * I’ve added the quotes but unfortunately I’m still having the same problems. I
   am still redirected to the Membership Options Page.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problem playing CloudFront hosted video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/#post-5086998)
 * I should also add that to play a streamed video, now that you have s2member setup
   with a AWS IAM user, you have to configure each video with the correct permissions.
 * To do this select the video in AWS S3 and click the properties tab (upper right
   side). Click **Add More Permissions**. Select _Authenticated Users_ for the Grantee
   and make sure you check _Open/Download_ then click Save.
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problem playing CloudFront hosted video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/#post-5086997)
 * Okay so even though you are planning to only _stream_ video and not have members
   download it you must fill out the Download Options > **Basic Download Restrictions**.
   I’ve set it to unlimited for all levels. This enables the jwplayer javascript
   in the header of your theme.
 * **AWS S3/CloudFront integration**
    Once I resolved the above issue I was easily
   able to setup CloudFront. Here is how:
 * Log into AWS and create a bucket in Services > S3. Use the bucket naming convention
   as per s2members instructions. Add this to s2members > **Amazon S3/CDN Storage
   Option panel**.
 * Then create a user in AWS Services > IAM, say s2user. Make sure the “Generate
   an access key for each User” is selected then click Create. In the popup click
   _Download Credentials_. A file should be downloaded that has this users Access
   Key ID and Secret Access Key. Add these to the s2members > **Amazon S3/CDN Storage
   Option panel**.
 * In the AWS IAM > Users section select your new user. In the _Permissions_ tab
   click _Attach User Policy _ and scroll down to the _CloudFront Full Access_ policy
   and click the _Select_ button. I also created a Group to which I added this user
   and gave the group the CloudFront Full Access policy as with the user. Don’t 
   know it this is optional.
 * Then select the users _Security Credentials_ tab. Copy the Access Key to the 
   s2members > **Amazon S3/CloudFront CDN Storage Options panel**. I did give the
   user a password but this may be optional. It didn’t hurt.
 * To get the Amazon CloudFront Private Key from AWS click on your login name and
   select the _Security Credentials_ option from the dropdown. You will get a warning
   popup which you can just close. Open the CloudFront Key Pairs section and click
   the Create New Key Pair button then click the Download Private Key File button.
   Copy the _Private Key_ to the Amazon Private Key section of the s2members > **
   Amazon S3/CloudFront CDN Storage Options panel**.
 * Now select the _Yes, automatically configure my Amazon …_ checkbox and click 
   Save All Changes at the bottom. When the page refreshes after the save you will
   get error messages. Don’t worry. Go to AWS Services > CloudFront and you should
   see two distributions (Web and RTMP) with the status labelled as “In Progress”.
   Wait until the status changes to Deployed. Took me about 20-25 minutes. When 
   you see the Deployed status go back to s2members > Amazon S3/CloudFront CDN Storage
   Options panel and uncheck the _Yes, automatically configure my Amazon …_ checkbox.
   Click the click Save All Changes button again. That should clear ay error message.
 * Now upload a video to your S3 bucket and embed the jwplayer in a protected page
   as per the instructions.
 * Perhaps when Jason has time the error message that appears when one saves the
   _Yes, automatically configure my Amazon …_ checkbox can be finessed to something
   like “Check AWS CloudFront for the distribution’s status to change to Deployed”.
   Maybe update the video tutorial if time permits. This really is a great plugin.
   First time I’ve used it with AWS. **Kudos to Jason and the developers.**
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problem playing CloudFront hosted video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/#post-5086979)
 * Okay Cristian and jaswsinc, I see you have been actively addressing other peoples
   issues over the past few hours. I’d greatly appreciate a pointer in my direction.
   I’ve re-watched the video tutorials as well as searched the forums. Obviously
   I’ve got something misconfigured.
 * I’ve tried the video shortcode [s2Stream player=”jwplayer-v6″ player_path=”/jwplayer/
   jwplayer.js” file_download=”video.mp4″ rewrite=”yes” /] as well as the file download
   shortcode [s2File download=”large.jpg” inline=”yes” /]. The file download shortcode
   just gives me the URL for the file.
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problem playing CloudFront hosted video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/#post-5086932)
 * Okay, after a decent night sleep I reconstituted the site on my localhost sandbox.
   I switched the theme over to twentytwelve. Still no video player showing and,
   like the live site, I don’t see the jwpalyer.js script in the site header even
   though I can access it at [http://localhost:8080/mytestsite/jwplayer/jwplayer.js](http://localhost:8080/mytestsite/jwplayer/jwplayer.js).
   I know about case sensitivities on unix systems. The jwplayer is in the right
   location. Nothing aberrant is in the htaccess file.
 * I looked at the other live site where I do have s2member installed and am running
   a twentytwelve child theme. I’ve using it for audio delivery via /wp-content/
   plugins/s2member-files/. The jwplayer works there and I do see the jwplayer.js
   script in the header.
 * Okay, so maybe it is a plugin conflict. I systematically turned off each plugin
   and tested for the video player. I’m now down to running only twentytwelve and
   s2members on WP 3.9.1 and I don’t see the player or javascript file! I downloaded
   a fresh copy of s2members from the WP repository just in case there was a file
   corruption. Still no go.
 * The only relevant difference between the two sites is I don’t currently have 
   PayPal configured on the wayward site or sandbox. I would not expect that playing
   videos would be tied to having the PayPal configuration setup. Correct me if 
   I am wrong.
 * Again any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[s2Member – Excellent for All Kinds of Memberships, Content Restriction Paywalls & Member Access Subscriptions] Problem playing CloudFront hosted video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-playing-cloudfront-hosted-video/#post-5086853)
 * The fact that I don’t see the jwplayer javascript file bugs me. So to do some
   trouble shooting I uploaded the s2hacks.php file to /wp-content/mu-plugins/ and
   ran it ([http://mysite.ca/?reset_aws=yes](http://mysite.ca/?reset_aws=yes)) to
   wipe the AWS configuration. This wipes the s2members S3/CloudFront configuration.
   Now I can just focus on a local installation.
 * I then uploaded the video.mp4 file to /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/ and
   updated the test page shortcode to use the locally hosted video file rather than
   AWS S3. Again no video!
 * JWplayer is correctly installed as I can see the javascript file at: [http://mysite.ca/jwplayer/jwplayer.js](http://mysite.ca/jwplayer/jwplayer.js)
 * As before I do not see the jwplayer.js script file included in the browser html
   source. The theme is a (predominantly) css-customized version of underscores (
   [http://underscores.me/](http://underscores.me/)). It has wp_head() which, I 
   would expect, should be sufficient for the s2members plugin to register and enqueue
   the jwplayer javascript. Perhaps I am getting a plugin conflict. I’ll have to
   test the configuration tomorrow in the sandbox. Any advice would be appreciated.
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Digital Downloads – eCommerce Payments and Subscriptions made easy] Transaction marked pending but purchaser received download link](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/transaction-marked-pending-but-purchaser-received-download-link/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/transaction-marked-pending-but-purchaser-received-download-link/#post-3954990)
 * Hi Pippin,
 * Thank you for your speedy fix. I’ve updated to 1.7.1. We will see how that behaves.
   I’ll mark this as resolved.
 * Cheers,
    Scott
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Digital Downloads – eCommerce Payments and Subscriptions made easy] Transaction marked pending but purchaser received download link](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/transaction-marked-pending-but-purchaser-received-download-link/)
 *  Thread Starter [scott_van](https://wordpress.org/support/users/scott_van/)
 * (@scott_van)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/transaction-marked-pending-but-purchaser-received-download-link/#post-3954866)
 * Hello Pippen,
 * Thank you for your quick response. The Payment Notes section just says “No payment
   notes”.
 * Cheers,
    Scott

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)