Title: samofnine's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# samofnine

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Multi-column Tag Map] Problem with special characters/operators in the post title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [2 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/#post-17807042)
 * I don’t know if it has something to do with the last update, but tags in my index
   tag map with ‘&’ in it are now shown as ‘&amp;’ – i.e. ‘Adil &amp; Bilall’ (tag
   name: ‘Adil & Bilall’)
 * In the map of post titles ‘&’ is correctly shown as ‘&’
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Multi-column Tag Map] Problem with special characters/operators in the post title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [2 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/#post-17740856)
 * While **#**, **“**, **(** and **¡** appear before the first letter of those titles,
   where they should be listed under, **Ç**, **É**, **Ö** and **İ** should be sorted
   under **c**, **e**, **o** and **i** respectively. I tried your sorting version
   with „c|ç“ , but this destroys my site output.
 * Multi language characters should always be sorted into its equivalent like
   a 
   á à â ä å or **c ç č ć** or **s ş ś š ŝ** etc.
 * For a full list of characters see here: [https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/a.htm](https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/a.htm)
 * But you only need the most common.
 * For example:
 * **Los (casi) Ídolos de Bahía Colorada** is listed under **(** because **Los**
   is a title_divider exception, so the title should be sorted under **c** for casi.
   
   And **¡Que viva México!** should be listed under **q**while **L’ État et moi**,
   currently listed under **É** (because **L’** is a title_divider exception), should
   be listed under **e**.And **“Asteroid City“** should be listed under **a** etc.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Multi-column Tag Map] Problem with special characters/operators in the post title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [2 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/#post-17737940)
 * My shortcode is now
   [mctagmap show_posts=”yes” show_navigation=”yes” title_divider
   =”The, Ein, A, An, Eine, der, Der, Die, die, das, Das, La, Le, L’, Les, Los, 
   El” sort_alpha=”a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z” sort_alpha_extras
   =”last” multi_page=”yes” post_type=”post, filme” responsive=”yes” columns=”2″]
 * name_divider has no effect at all in this case.
 * You can see, how it sorts: [https://screenmagazin.com/filme-az/](https://screenmagazin.com/filme-az/)
 * The title is **A Toy Story | Alles hört auf kein Kommando**
   but it shows as **
   Alles hört auf kein Kommando, A Toy Story** under A
 * When I use any other (or none!?) separator, it shows as **A Toy Story** (plus
   separator) under T without the rest of the title
 * I could live with that, but I rather would have it listed under T
 * Also I cannot merge the special characters ( ¡ Ç É Ö İ “ into the related or 
   next letters…
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Multi-column Tag Map] Problem with special characters/operators in the post title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [2 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/#post-17732767)
 * If I change the title to “Asteroid City“ (with a different quotation mark character)
   it works, though the new quotation mark appears now between the alphabet and 
   the numbers.
 * Is there a way to sort special characters before numbers before alphabet?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Multi-column Tag Map] Problem with special characters/operators in the post title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [2 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-special-characters-operators-in-the-post-title/#post-17732740)
 * Problem 1: I have “Asteroid City” before #Granizo
 * If I change “Asteroid City” to draft, the list entry ” disappears and #Granizo
   appears where it should.
   And there is no problem with a title starting with (.
 * Problem 2: A Toy Story – Alles hört auf kein Kommando
 * Because of the A and the separator | the title appears as Alles hört auf kein
   Kommando, A Toy Story
   but with : or – or . instead of | it shows only as ‘A Toy
   Story -‘ unter the letter T without Alles hört auf kein Kommando
 * name_divider doesn’t work. I already use title_divider, and if I add | to it 
   it has no effect.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[External Links - nofollow, noopener & new window] Problem with Divi Builder](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-divi-builder-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [2 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-divi-builder-4/#post-17158687)
 * Thanks, that worked! 👍🏻
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[A-Z Listing] I updated to version 4.0.1 with an error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-updated-to-version-4-0-1-with-an-error/)
 *  [samofnine](https://wordpress.org/support/users/samofnine/)
 * (@samofnine)
 * [4 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-updated-to-version-4-0-1-with-an-error/#post-15159599)
 * I have a similar issue. I updated to version 4.1.0 but still the page shows
 *     ```
       0-9
       A
       B
       C
       D
       E
       F
       G
       H
       I
       J
       K
       L
       M
       N
       O
       P
       Q
       R
       S
       T
       U
       V
       W
       X
       Y
       Z
   
       Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method A_Z_Listing\Query::get_the_letter_count() in /.../wp-content/themes/smtheme/a-z-listing.php:12 Stack trace: #0 /.../wp-content/plugins/a-z-listing/src/Query.php(1209): require() #1 /.../wp-content/plugins/a-z-listing/src/Query.php(729): A_Z_Listing\_do_template(Object(A_Z_Listing\Query), '/homepages/24/d...') #2 /.../wp-content/plugins/a-z-listing/src/Query.php(742): A_Z_Listing\Query->the_listing() #3 /.../wp-content/plugins/a-z-listing/src/Shortcode.php(104): A_Z_Listing\Query->get_the_listing() #4 /.../wp-includes/shortcodes.php(356): A_Z_Listing\Shortcode->handle(Array, '', 'a-z-listing') #5 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array) #6 /.../wp-includes/shortcodes.php(228): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(a\\-z\\-...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '[a-z-listing po...') #7 /.../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): do_shortcode('[a-z-listing po...') #8 /.../wp-includes/plugin.php(189): WP_Hook->apply_filters('[a-z-listing po...', Array) #9 /.../wp-includes/post-template.php(253): apply_filters('the_content', '<p>[a-z-listing...') #10 /.../wp-content/themes/smtheme/page.php(13): the_content() #11 /.../wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include('/homepages/24/d...') #12 /.../wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/homepages/24/d...') #13 /.../index.php(17): require('/homepages/24/d...') #14 {main} thrown in /.../wp-content/themes/smtheme/a-z-listing.php on line 12
       ```
   
 * (I changed the full path to a relative one with … )
 * I can access the page with the classic (TinyMCE) editor but when I switch to 
   block editor it crashes the backend too.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)