Title: rokkan's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# rokkan

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Image caption](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-caption-31/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [7 months, 1 week ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-caption-31/#post-18837854)
 * Hello
 * Thank you, the update has fixed the issue!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Permalinks /postname broken after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalinks-postname-broken-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [7 months, 4 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalinks-postname-broken-after-update/#post-18816160)
 * I tried aditing .htaccess, but it simply added the previous text, so I think 
   that might be correct. I am testing the plugins but so far I have had no luck.
 *     ```wp-block-code
       # BEGIN WordPress# Instruksjonene (linjene) mellom "BEGIN WordPress" and "END WordPress" er# dynamisk generert og bør bare endres via WordPress-filtre.# Enhver endring av instruksjonene mellom disse markørene vil bli overskrevet.<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>RewriteEngine OnRewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]RewriteBase /RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-fRewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-dRewriteRule . /index.php [L]</IfModule># END WordPress
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Permalinks /postname broken after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalinks-postname-broken-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/permalinks-postname-broken-after-update/#post-18809753)
 * I have attempted method 1 several times. I also tried to restore .htaccess according
   to this site ([https://developer.wordpress.org/advanced-administration/server/web-server/httpd/](https://developer.wordpress.org/advanced-administration/server/web-server/httpd/))
   but that did not work. It seemed to be empty when I opened it.
 *     ```wp-block-code
       # BEGIN WPSuperCache# END WPSuperCache# BEGIN WordPress# Instruksjonene (linjene) mellom "BEGIN WordPress" and "END WordPress" er# dynamisk generert og bør bare endres via WordPress-filtre.# Enhver endring av instruksjonene mellom disse markørene vil bli overskrevet.# END WordPress
       ```
   
 * I am currently checking plugins, which will take a while.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[FooGallery Photo Gallery : Image, Video & Masonry Galleries] Captions setting only in fullscreen mode?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/captions-setting-only-in-fullscreen-mode/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/captions-setting-only-in-fullscreen-mode/#post-18560912)
 * Hi
 * Unfortunately, we had redo all our galleries, so we will just be using the lightbox
   plugin. Thank you for your time.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Any way to get lightbox with advanced image?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/any-way-to-get-lightbox-with-advanced-image/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/any-way-to-get-lightbox-with-advanced-image/#post-18545675)
 * I see what I was missing. The extra . is not part of the css but part of the 
   identifier. The more I work on this stuff the more I realise I just need a whole
   css course.
 * It is a little clumsy in the editor with duplicates of your images everywhere,
   and a lot of extra work, but I did get it to work.
 * Thanks so much for your help and patience.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Any way to get lightbox with advanced image?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/any-way-to-get-lightbox-with-advanced-image/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/any-way-to-get-lightbox-with-advanced-image/#post-18545411)
 * The documentation for that block is very difficult to understand if you want 
   to get a lightbox function.
 * “First, copy the identifier text from the block where you want to add Popup. 
   Then paste it into the Popup block **‘Identifier’ **field. So, whenever you will
   click on the external element your popup block will appear on your page.”
 * So I have to have the pop up block with the image inside, and then link it to
   a duplicate of the image that will show on the page? I don’t understand from 
   where I get the “identifier text” from. Could you explain it a little more so
   I could try to get it right?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Advanced heading background overlay over title](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/advanced-heading-background-overlay-over-title/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/advanced-heading-background-overlay-over-title/#post-18300772)
 * Hello
 * In the video you linked you can see the heading text being affected by the overlay
   on the background. You can see the opacity and blend mode change not just the
   background image but the text itself. I understand now the overlay is meant to
   do this, and I will have to upload images that work with the headings I need.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Unwanted right margin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unwanted-right-margin/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unwanted-right-margin/#post-18299072)
 * Thank you that worked!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Quiz Maker by AYS] Image as answer](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/#post-18100441)
 * Oh, I did not know that. Thanks so much!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Quiz Maker by AYS] Image as answer](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/#post-18099678)
 * The image answers are slightly greyed out, and when you hover they become clear.
   This is not good as most people are on mobile. When I used the “disable answer
   hover” setting they merely stay greyed out even on hover. Since the quiz is about
   comparing artwork, this makes it very difficult to see.
 * Thank you for your help so far!
 * I can’t seem to add screenshots, but you can see the hover effect in the preview
   on the answer with images for “elegant light” style.
 * ![](https://wordpress.org/aeee9298-b101-4b15-8eb8-d115dcfdc59d)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Quiz Maker by AYS] Image as answer](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/#post-18096058)
 * I see there is no way to keep the text on wrong or right answers if you hide 
   captions, correct? I really need students to be able to learn about each question
   as they go, but it is a quiz about art, so with text next to the images they 
   become very small.
 * Edit: I finally found the setting. You have check both “show correct answer” 
   and show wrong/right message during quiz.
    -  This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/).
    -  This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Quiz Maker by AYS] Image as answer](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [1 year, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-as-answer-4/#post-18096018)
 * Thank you! I notice when I disable answer hover that the images are greyed out
   as standard? Is there a setting for that somewhere?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Images stretch on mobile](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-stretch-on-mobile/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [2 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-stretch-on-mobile/#post-17798018)
 * Hello
 * Yes, the problem still seems to be happening randomly, but on not on all mobile
   browsers. I am still testing, but it appears to work on the more popular ones.
   It seems to happen with certain images, but I can’t figure out what is different.
 * As I am unable to find the exact set-up that creates the problem, I can’t really
   see how it can be fixed. So, I will try and document it when it occurs and contact
   you again when I have more data.
 * Thank you.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [No links working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-links-working-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [2 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-links-working-2/#post-17785669)
 * Thank you! I think I managed it.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gutenberg Essential Blocks – Page Builder for Gutenberg Blocks & Patterns] Images stretch on mobile](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-stretch-on-mobile/)
 *  Thread Starter [rokkan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/)
 * (@rokkan)
 * [2 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-stretch-on-mobile/#post-17770145)
 * Hello
 * Apologies for not responding. Our country has had an unusual four day weekend
   due to pentecost. In fact all of my recent topics have been closed due to an 
   unusual amount of holy days coinciding with long weekends and other secular holidays.
 * I will attempt to resolve the issue. In future, perhaps you could give people
   a couple more days to respond? I understand the need to close topics, but circumstances
   are sometimes unusual.
 * Thank you for your prompt replies.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rokkan/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)