Title: Robotastic's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Robotastic

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] Merging the recipes with posts!](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/merging-the-recipes-with-posts/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/merging-the-recipes-with-posts/#post-3668002)
 * Thanks! That is great to hear. It should be totally possible to have the recipes
   show up as their own posts. The Recipes are just extended Posts. Sorry I didn’t
   get back to you sooner – WordPress doesn’t let me know when new people post.
 * Try going to /wp-content/plugins/recipe-schema/recipe-schema.php
 * Try setting the following line to false;
    570 ‘exclude_from_search’ => true,
 * You might have to change something in you theme to loop through posts and recipes.
 *  – Luke
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] Umlaute UTF-8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/umlaute-utf-8/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/umlaute-utf-8/#post-3506539)
 * The latest update should fix things, let me know if it doesn’t. Thanks for catching
   this!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] Umlaute UTF-8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/umlaute-utf-8/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/umlaute-utf-8/#post-3506538)
 * Thanks, I think I got a fix. I was doing some processing of the HTML in the Ingredients
   and Directions lists and I need to trick it into using UTF8.
 * The changes are in the main recipe-schema.php files. I will make these changes
   in the code and get them upload soon.
 * On line 927, it should be:
    $dom->loadHTML(‘<?xml encoding=”UTF-8″>’ . $ingredients);
 * On Line 959, it should be:
    $dom->loadHTML(‘<?xml encoding=”UTF-8″>’ . $directions);
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Recipe Schema] WordPress installation in a subdirectory](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-installation-in-a-subdirectory/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-installation-in-a-subdirectory/#post-7730819)
 * Thanks!
    This should be fixed in the latest version. Let me know if it isn’t.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] Umlaute UTF-8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/umlaute-utf-8/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/umlaute-utf-8/#post-3506392)
 * Thanks Twenta!
    I will have to go do some testing. I will be the first to admit
   that I didn’t test for UTF-8. Is that for ingredients or does it also happen 
   in the directions and notes? I am trying to figure out if it is a database thing
   or something in the coding.
 * I want to create a better system for the recipe templates and language. That 
   might be a bit of work though. If you want to change it around, go into the file
   recipe-schema-client.php in the /wp-content/plugins/recipe-schema/inc/ directory
   and look at line 247. You can change the time there. I will work on a better 
   system though.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] Recipe Type](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recipe-type/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recipe-type/#post-3477044)
 * Turns out it is something different. I have the Recipes excluded from public 
   searches. I did this because if you search for a post on a blog, you ended up
   getting both the Recipe and the Post that had the recipe embedded in it. The 
   problem is that you can’t find recipes by Recipe-Type. Instead the recipe type
   is encoded in the HTML markup so google can read it.
 * If you want to try enabling it, search recipe-schema.php for this line and set
   it to false:
 * ‘exclude_from_search’ => true
 * For the other problem of not being able to get to the Recipe Type Taxonomy setting,
   that has to do with Sub-Dirs. I fixed that in the latest version. If you want
   to just change the version you are using:
    Goto recipe-schema-client.php find:‘/
   wp-admin/edit-tags.php’ and insert: <?php echo site_url();?> before it. For this:
   href='<?php echo site_url();?>/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=recipe_type&post_type
   =recipe-schema’
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] google rich snippets doesnt see the markup](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/google-rich-snippets-doesnt-see-the-markup/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/google-rich-snippets-doesnt-see-the-markup/#post-3343747)
 * Do you have a link for a page that was not working? Google’s Rich Snippets tool
   usually gives pretty good error messages, do you remember what they were?
 * It could be that you are trying to use another plugin with all generates rich
   snippets.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] Recipe Type](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recipe-type/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recipe-type/#post-3477030)
 * Ahh… I think I know what the problem is. It looks like you have you blog in a
   subdirectory instead of the root (eg [http://smarteatingforkids.com](http://smarteatingforkids.com)).
   I must have hard coded a link in there in a way that doesn’t work for subdirectories.
   I will go check it out.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] descriptions & etc.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/#post-2969843)
 * I am officially an idiot… I figured it out. I misunderstood what you met. I forgot
   that there was a Settings link on the plugin page. You are correct, that link
   is broken. I fixed that and will put up and update.
 * That is correct way to change things around. I will work on adding in a feature
   to make it easier to change the formatting.
 * Sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for using it!
 *  – Luke
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] Overwrite existing recipe page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-overwrite-existing-recipe-page/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-overwrite-existing-recipe-page/#post-2981697)
 * Good to hear that fixed it. Sorry about that! I will see if I can work with the
   permalink to make sure it doesn’t overwrite anything.
 *  – Luke
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] descriptions & etc.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/#post-2969832)
 * Bummer! Thanks for trying Dan. If you are able to try a clean install, that would
   be helpful. I am not quite sure what else to change, I am using the code right
   off the wordpress site. I also have it running up on my site that is 5 years 
   old and it isn’t giving me the error. I am wondering if it has something to do
   with your hosting setup or .htaccess or permalink structure. Anyhow, if you are
   able to give it a try it would help figure out where the problem is.
 * Thanks!
 *  -Luke
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] descriptions & etc.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [13 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/#post-2969830)
 * Dan – Thanks so much for trying all that. I am still confused why it is not working.
   I did a clean install on my side and things worked fine. I found one more thing
   that might be causing the problem. I was creating the menu on the wrong wordpress
   hook.
 * Any chance you could goto: recipe-schema.php
    and goto line 65 and change ‘admin_init’
   to ‘admin_menu’
 * I am hoping that fixes it. If not I will keep digging. Thanks for your help and
   sorry for the trouble!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] descriptions & etc.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [14 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/#post-2969818)
 * Something to try:
    If you are game to do a little text editing, go into your 
   wordpress directory on your server. Then go into the “wp-content/plugins/recipe-
   schema” directory. Edit the recipe-schema.php file. Goto line 545 and replace
   this line:
 * add_options_page( ‘Recipe Settings’, ‘Recipe Schema’, ‘administrator’, RECIPE_SCHEMA_POSTTYPE,
   array ( $this->client, ‘settings_page’ ) );
 * with this one:
 * add_options_page( ‘Recipe Settings’, ‘Recipe Schema’, ‘manage_options’, RECIPE_SCHEMA_POSTTYPE,
   array( $this->client, ‘settings_page’ ) );
 * I think it might fix things…
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] descriptions & etc.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [14 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/#post-2969817)
 * Hi Dan, I will try to figure this out this weekend.
    What version of WordPress
   do you have installed?
 * Is the User you login as, an Admin? If you goto User in the Admin section, what
   is the Role listed as? Is it Administrator?
 * Do you have it setup as Multisite or is there just one blog?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Recipe Schema] [Plugin: Recipe Schema] descriptions & etc.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/)
 *  Plugin Author [Robotastic](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/)
 * (@robotastic)
 * [14 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-recipe-schema-descriptions-etc/#post-2969783)
 * Cool!
 * I have been testing using the Google Webmaster Rich Snippet tool and it hasn’t
   been showing my any areas. Here is one of my [pages](http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cookography.com%2F2012%2Fcreamy-roasted-jalapeno-salsa).
 * Are you getting an error when you do it? Do you have a link to a page with the
   error that you could share?
 * Where would you like the additional recipe photos to show up? In the Directions
   section next to different steps?
 * The way I have been using the plugin is inserting them into a post and then having
   additional photos after the recipe explaining different steps.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robotastic/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)