Title: robbieSCS's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# robbieSCS

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPtouch - Make your WordPress Website Mobile-Friendly] Shortcodes not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/shortcodes-not-working-77/)
 *  Thread Starter [robbieSCS](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 * (@robbiescs)
 * [11 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/shortcodes-not-working-77/#post-6429822)
 * Well, after the update yesterday I was hoping for some movement on this issue,
   but although it seems as though they’ve tried to fix this problem it was done
   the wrong way.
 * Now there’s an option to ignore rendering of specific shortcodes, which just 
   doesn’t solve the problem.
 * My issue is that I have several shortcodes on a page, and a video shortcode for
   a player too (which is going to be unique to every post).
 * When I turn on shortcode handling the video shortcode fails to work on mobile,
   and when I turn it off all the other shortcodes stop working.
 * So, right now, I have the choice of mobile users seeing videos and not getting
   the other shortcode content, or getting the other shortcode content but not seeing
   videos.
 * Can someone please look into this? I’m a pro customer, but this is incredibly
   annoying, and especially after an update supposedly dealt specifically with shortcodes
   while not actually dealing with this problem.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[YENDIF Video Player & Video Gallery] Search Videos](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/search-videos/)
 *  [robbieSCS](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 * (@robbiescs)
 * [11 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/search-videos/#post-5888289)
 * Hi,
 * Thanks for that description, it has indeed worked to prevent the videos from 
   appearing in search results on the site. It now returns only the post itself.
 * The Google video search results however are still leading to the videopage rather
   than the post. Is this fix going to prevent further /videopage/ entries being
   crawled by Google or do I need to do anything else to prevent that from happening?
 * Obviously I don’t want Google offering the /videopage/ results.
 * Thanks for your help, it’s been invaluable.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[YENDIF Video Player & Video Gallery] Search Videos](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/search-videos/)
 *  [robbieSCS](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 * (@robbiescs)
 * [11 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/search-videos/#post-5888287)
 * Sorry for the delay, this problem seemed to stop on its own for a while, but 
   now it’s back with a vengeance.
 * I also found that search results are leading to the videopage, which is a significant
   problem for someone like me running an affiliate site. If someone clicks on a
   video from Google video search to my site, instead of arriving at the post with
   the supporting content and my affiliate links, they arrive at the videopage for
   that clip.
 * Obviously this is not appropriate for an affiliate blog.
 * Can you give me the instructions for fixing this myself? I’m afraid I don’t feel
   comfortable giving anyone else access to my site.
 * Thanks for your assistance.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[YENDIF Video Player & Video Gallery] Search Videos](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/search-videos/)
 *  [robbieSCS](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 * (@robbiescs)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/search-videos/#post-5888280)
 * I’m having a problem which I have now narrowed down to the Yendif player.
 * When a visitor searches the site for certain terms they get hundreds of the same
   result, all with /videopage/ in the url followed by the video title.
 * This is ruining the search function on the site, not giving users the results
   they need or expect.
 * We need an option to turn off this search function because clearly it’s not working
   as it should.
 * Please can you tell me how to stop Yendif from presenting its own results in 
   WP search results? I just want posts to appear, not single videos over and over
   and over again.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPtouch - Make your WordPress Website Mobile-Friendly] WP Touch No longer working on my Blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-touch-no-longer-working-on-my-blog/)
 *  [robbieSCS](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 * (@robbiescs)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-touch-no-longer-working-on-my-blog/#post-6067823)
 * Thanks, but I don’t have WP Super Cache.
 * I’ve tried everything now and nothing is working. Different themes, no change.
   Deactivate plugins one by one, no change.
 * Deactivating the image slider makes no difference other than brings the posts
   up to the top.
 * The menu doesn’t show, videos don’t appear and polls I have in posts don’t respond
   either. All of this appears again when I deactivate WPTouch and leave it as the
   standard version for mobile visitors, so the only explanation I can find is that
   this is a problem with the WPTouch plugin, not good considering U just upgraded
   to the Pro version!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPtouch - Make your WordPress Website Mobile-Friendly] WP Touch No longer working on my Blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-touch-no-longer-working-on-my-blog/)
 *  [robbieSCS](https://wordpress.org/support/users/robbiescs/)
 * (@robbiescs)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-touch-no-longer-working-on-my-blog/#post-6067795)
 * I’m experiencing this too.
    Was working fine earlier today, and now only the 
   header logo is showing on the mobile theme, even the menu won’t display.
 * I have tried everything I can think of, removed it and reinstalled, changed themes,
   disabled all other plugins. Even with a different theme and all other plugins
   disabled it doesn’t display.
 * The auto update of WP for the vulnerability is the only explanation I can find.
   That’s the only thing that’s changed on my blog.
 * Seems WPTouch needs an update to be compatible, but I doubt they’ll be working
   on as they released a blog post saying everything is fine – when clearly it’s
   not.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)