Title: rob212's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# rob212

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wordfence Security - Firewall, Malware Scan, and Login Security] Wordfence Defaults/Redirects to Non-SSL Version of My Site](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordfence-defaults-redirects-to-non-ssl-version-of-my-site/)
 *  Thread Starter [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 * (@rob212)
 * [6 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordfence-defaults-redirects-to-non-ssl-version-of-my-site/#post-12428440)
 * Hi Gerroald,
 * Right you were! I installed WP Force SSL, and it advised me to also check my 
   settings, and somehow, I don’t know how or when, I had gotten a situation where
   the WordPress Address was non-SSL while the site address was SSL. I changed that,
   and boom, the Wordfence notifications were accessible.
 * I feel a bit stupid 🙂 but, still, thanks so much! By the way, do you work for
   Wordfence, or are you just someone kindly volunteering your time on this forum?
   Either way, I sure appreciate it!
 * Rob
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wordfence Security - Firewall, Malware Scan, and Login Security] Wordfence Defaults/Redirects to Non-SSL Version of My Site](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordfence-defaults-redirects-to-non-ssl-version-of-my-site/)
 *  Thread Starter [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 * (@rob212)
 * [6 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordfence-defaults-redirects-to-non-ssl-version-of-my-site/#post-12423842)
 * Hi Gerroald, thanks for replying. The website is [https://www.robwipond.com](https://www.robwipond.com)
   
   It checked out fine at that SSL test link. I turned off all plugins, including
   Wordfence, then turned Wordfence alone back on, but no change in how the notifications
   worked. I switched to a default WP theme, as well, while the other plugins were
   deactivated, still no difference.
 * So I’ve turned everything back to normal again.
 * By the way, there’s another place this is happening. The summary emails of activities
   on my site that Wordfence sends out, at the bottom in the “Update Needed” section,
   it always says, “If you would like to sign-in to [http://robwipond.com](http://robwipond.com)
   please click here now.” That is, it gives the non-SSL version. But only there.
   All the other links in emails Wordfence sends to me are to the “https:” version
   of the site.
 * Rob
    -  This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/).
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Current Vulnerability Affecting Thousands of WP Sites?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/current-vulnerability-affecting-thousands-of-wp-sites/)
 *  Thread Starter [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 * (@rob212)
 * [8 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/current-vulnerability-affecting-thousands-of-wp-sites/#post-10092237)
 * Yeah, there are some weird youtube videos in their name, too, where they seem
   to be displaying a wordpress hack in process, with loud abrasive music playing
   at the same time.
 * So did this happen overnight recently and no one but us is talking about it yet?
   So far I still haven’t seen other damages, and my hosting provider said it happened
   to a few sites they hosted and asked me to tell them whatever I learned! Definitely,
   please (anyone!) share back here if you learn more and I will, too.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Coraline] Images can't be saved](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-cant-be-saved/)
 *  Thread Starter [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 * (@rob212)
 * [13 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-cant-be-saved/#post-3730595)
 * Hey, thanks for responding, Lance. Indeed, it turned out my web host had instituted
   a limit on how big uploaded files could be without notifying anyone they had 
   done so! So I got them to increase the limit. I’ve noticed from other discussions
   about people not being about to upload graphics that this seems to be some sort
   of trend at web hosts.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [comments box, magazine basic theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/comments-box-magazine-basic-theme/)
 *  [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 * (@rob212)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/comments-box-magazine-basic-theme/page/2/#post-3735584)
 * I was also posting about this issue in another thread. It may be that there’s
   something between this theme and certain host servers caching methods that causes
   this problem in some cases. My settings were fine all along. I’d cleaned my own
   cache, used multiple browsers of different kinds, etc, and it still didn’t work.
   I finally waited a full day and found the comments boxes appeared, as they would
   instantly with other themes.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Magazine Basic] comments can't be turned on?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/comments-cant-be-turned-on/)
 *  Thread Starter [rob212](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rob212/)
 * (@rob212)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/comments-cant-be-turned-on/#post-3709384)
 * Addendum: I notice the comments on options are available for new pages, but not
   for new posts…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)