Title: -'s Replies | WordPress.org

---

# -

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Events Manager - Calendar, Bookings, Tickets, Appointments and more!] [Plugin: Events Manager] Warning: implode… error in 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-warning-implode-error-in-402-403-404/)
 *  [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-warning-implode-error-in-402-403-404/page/2/#post-2086911)
 * Great work, Marcus. Selecting a category worked it out for me too.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Events Manager - Calendar, Bookings, Tickets, Appointments and more!] [Plugin: Events Manager] Warning: implode… error in 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-warning-implode-error-in-402-403-404/)
 *  [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-warning-implode-error-in-402-403-404/page/2/#post-2086899)
 * Can’t give you access because it’s in a local and restricted network, but if 
   it helps I can send you a MySQL dump so you can duplicate the installation.
 * For example, I tried to set up a recurrence from May 1 to Jul 31 with events 
   happening every day, every Tuesday, and every second Tuesday, and neither of 
   those worked.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Events Manager - Calendar, Bookings, Tickets, Appointments and more!] [Plugin: Events Manager] Three bugs regarding dates](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-three-bugs-regarding-dates/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-three-bugs-regarding-dates/#post-2088580)
 * 1 and 2) Thanks.
    3) Just did, let’s follow this up there.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Events Manager - Calendar, Bookings, Tickets, Appointments and more!] [Plugin: Events Manager] Warning: implode… error in 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-warning-implode-error-in-402-403-404/)
 *  [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-warning-implode-error-in-402-403-404/page/2/#post-2086895)
 * Marcus, I’ve just tested it in a fresh WP install without any custom configurations,
   and I’m getting exactly the same behavior that dartisan and ksaffy say and I 
   reported [here](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-events-manager-three-bugs-regarding-dates?replies=2).
   The error message is the same in all kinds of recurrences, and I’m not getting
   any JS problems.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CMS Page Order] [Plugin: CMS Page Order] Feature suggestion](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-cms-page-order-feature-suggestion/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-cms-page-order-feature-suggestion/#post-2060544)
 * No problem. Let me know if you want me to translate it to Spanish when you’re
   done.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[CMS Page Order] [Plugin: CMS Page Order] Feature suggestion](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-cms-page-order-feature-suggestion/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-cms-page-order-feature-suggestion/#post-2060539)
 * Sorry for the delay, had a very busy week.
 * [@bergius](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bergius/): that’s exactly what
   I meant. If you add CPT support to this plugin, it would be really nice to allow
   users to filter the results by custom taxonomies before they start ordering.
 * In example, let’s suppose that:
    – we have a CPT called “Shows” – we have a custom
   taxonomy which splits them in “Current” and “Archive” – we want the shows in 
   the Archive page to be ordered alphabetically – we want the shows in the Current
   page to be ordered manually
 * It would be much easier to order current shows if I apply first a filter by taxonomy
   in order to hide all shows which aren’t current.
 * [@nicomollet](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nicomollet/): actually, I don’t
   think mixing all content types in a single page would be a good idea, it seems
   to me that it would be more confusing. Every CPT should have its own “Ordering”
   link in its own menu.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Use Google Libraries] [Plugin: Use Google Libraries] Seems not to work in 3.1](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-use-google-libraries-seems-not-to-work-in-31/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-use-google-libraries-seems-not-to-work-in-31/#post-1945839)
 * Never mind, it was my bad. I wasn’t manually loading the scripts! I guess they
   used to be automatically loaded but that changed since 3.1.
 * In case anyone else runs into the same problem, this is the way to load the scripts(
   i.e. jQuery and jQuery UI):
 *     ```
       function load_scripts () {
       	wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
       	wp_enqueue_script('jquery-ui-core');
       }
       add_action('init', 'load_scripts');
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] [Plugin: Fast Secure Contact Form] A couple of suggestions regarding labels](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-a-couple-of-suggestions-regarding-labels/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-a-couple-of-suggestions-regarding-labels/#post-1921587)
 * Mike, sorry for the delay, I had a busy weekend.
 * I didn’t try that code, I mistakenly assumed that field would behave like other
   standard form elements. The main goal behind this is to localize that label when
   you use different languages, but since it pulls the language from the browser
   configuration, it shouldn’t be a problem.
 * Thanks a lot for adding those labels!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] [Plugin: Fast Secure Contact Form] A couple of suggestions regarding labels](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-a-couple-of-suggestions-regarding-labels/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-a-couple-of-suggestions-regarding-labels/#post-1921506)
 * I’m not talking about styling, I just wanted to change the word “Browse” in that
   button for any other string. Here’s the code that FSCF is generating for it:
 *     ```
       <input style="text-align:left; margin:0; width:700px;" type="file" id="si_contact_ex_field2_10" name="si_contact_ex_field10" value=""  size="20" />
       ```
   
 * This should do the trick:
 *     ```
       <input style="text-align:left; margin:0; width:700px;" type="file" id="si_contact_ex_field2_10" name="si_contact_ex_field10" value="PERSONALIZED_BUTTON_TEXT"  size="20" />
       ```
   
 * You can store that custom text the way you do with all other labels.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Fast Secure Contact Form] [Plugin: Fast Secure Contact Form] A couple of suggestions regarding labels](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-a-couple-of-suggestions-regarding-labels/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-a-couple-of-suggestions-regarding-labels/#post-1921504)
 * Mike, thanks for the quick response!
 * I know, I wouldn’t mess with programming variables. But note that if you use 
   wildcards in the labels and replace them later with the programming variables,
   we can choose not to show those wildcards, i.e.:
 * Acceptable file types: $s
    => Supported file formats: zip or rar
 * Maximum file size: $s
    => Maximum file size: 1 MB
 * This can be achieved in translations by using WPML, but even with that plugin
   it’s not possible to change the labels for the main language.
 * Of course, changes to file formats and file sizes wouldn’t be automatically reflected
   in those strings, but I don’t think that should be a problem, if we choose to
   personalize the labels like this we can always update then manually.
 * What about the “Browse” button label for attachments? Are you planning to make
   that one changeable too?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Query Multiple Taxonomies] [Plugin: Query Multiple Taxonomies] incorrect results (seems like using OR instead of AND)](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-query-multiple-taxonomies-incorrect-results-seems-like-using-or-instead-of-and/)
 *  [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-query-multiple-taxonomies-incorrect-results-seems-like-using-or-instead-of-and/#post-1689113)
 * scribu, that code works just fine. Thanks for the tip 🙂
 * It didn’t do the job in my case because I also need a “not in” clause (i.e. custom-
   taxonomy=term1+term2 AND NOT custom taxonomy=term3+term4), but of course that
   isn’t a plugin issue. For now I worked around the problem by building a custom
   SQL query, I guess I’ll have to wait for 3.1 in order to apply a proper solution.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Query Multiple Taxonomies] [Plugin: Query Multiple Taxonomies] incorrect results (seems like using OR instead of AND)](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-query-multiple-taxonomies-incorrect-results-seems-like-using-or-instead-of-and/)
 *  [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-query-multiple-taxonomies-incorrect-results-seems-like-using-or-instead-of-and/#post-1689110)
 * I’m trying to do something like this, but within the same custom taxonomy. In
   example:
 *     ```
       $args = array(
          'post_type' => 'my-post-type',
          'my-custom-taxonomy' => 'custom-term-1',
          'my-custom-taxonomy' => 'custom-term-2',
          'post-status' => 'publish'
          );
       $wp_query = new WP_Query($args);
       ```
   
 * It works like an OR, and like [@brogr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/brogr/)
   says, I need something to make it work as an AND. Are you saying that we’re going
   to be able to perform all these kind of queries in WP 3.1?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[W3 Total Cache] [Plugin: W3 Total Cache] CDN and NextGEN Gallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-cdn-and-nextgen-gallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-cdn-and-nextgen-gallery/#post-1821217)
 * Alex: don’t worry, it seems to be simple. I’m not implementing this right now,
   but when I do I promise to post my results here in case anyone else should need
   them.
 * Frederick: the default path you included only works for single-site WP installations,
   not multisite. The default path for multisite installations is **wp-content/blogs.
   dir/%BLOG_DIR%/files/gallery/** (you need to replace %BLOG_ID% with the actual
   current blog ID in order for this to work). Regarding self-hosted CDNs, I knew
   that, I was just testing the feature before going live with it.
 * Thank you both for your time!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[W3 Total Cache] [Plugin: W3 Total Cache] CDN and NextGEN Gallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-cdn-and-nextgen-gallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-cdn-and-nextgen-gallery/#post-1821150)
 * I’ll answer myself, in case anyone runs into the same issue and wants to know
   the answer. In order to upload NextGEN Gallery images to the CDN when using WP
   Multisite, you have to add
 *     ```
       wp-content/blogs.dir/%BLOG_ID%/files/gallery/*
       ```
   
 * (replace %BLOG_ID% with the actual blog ID) to the custom file list that can 
   be found in the CDN options. That was the easy one 🙂
 * I still couldn’t get it to work properly, but at least I know why. I configured
   a CNAME called “static” in my main domain and pointed it to the FTP account I
   was using as CDN:
 *     ```
       static.maindomain.com --> ftp.cdndomain.com
       ```
   
 * That changed all image references in the HTML to static.maindomain.com, but when
   trying to access those URLs I get 404 errors. I suppose that’s because the FTP
   account I’m using for trying purposes is a plain one and doesn’t have URL redirects
   or any other type of CDN configuration.
 * Images used by Image Rotator are still called from the main domain, probably 
   because that imagerotator.swf gets the image URLs from a XML file generated at
 *     ```
       /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/xml/imagerotator.php
       ```
   
 * and the URLs contained there don’t point to the CDN. I’ll probably need to modify
   that file in order to use the CDN domain setting from W3 Total Cache if the CDN
   option is activated.
 * What do you guys think about all this? Would you tell me if I’m pointed to the
   right direction? I’ll be implementing this live with Amazon S3 or CloudFront (
   probably CloudFront), but I’d like to know as much as I can before I do.
 * Thanks for taking the time to read 🙂
 *   Forum: [Hacks](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/hacks/)
   
   In reply to: [Applying custom taxonomies to user profiles](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/applying-custom-taxonomies-to-user-profiles/)
 *  Thread Starter [–](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/)
 * (@rickjoe)
 * [15 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/applying-custom-taxonomies-to-user-profiles/#post-1667601)
 * theryancollier,
 * I’ve been digging into this and it turns out that, theoretically, the [EAV structure](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity-attribute-value_model)
   I’m proposing here isn’t quite efficient, so it wouldn’t be the most optimum 
   solution when it comes to large scenarios; but the wide known social plugin [BuddyPress](http://buddypress.org/)
   uses this same model and as far as I know it works fine. Even though, I’ve been
   looking into the way WP stores standard post taxonomization data (which is theoretically
   more efficient) and apparently it could be applied to users as well. If I get
   to anything worth sharing, I’ll post it here as soon as possible.
 * Regarding your case, I wouldn’t use custom roles: they control WP permissions,
   and those aren’t related with government jobs. I would go for the special tag,
   that way you can assign site admins/editors and government positions separately.
 * You’re telling me that you have only a few government positions, and I guess 
   they don’t change much. If that’s the case, you don’t even need to mess with 
   taxonomies: with this code and [Justin Tadlock’s post on the subject](http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/09/10/adding-and-using-custom-user-profile-fields)
   you should figure out how to go on. Just a little consideration:
 * 1) Tommy Smith is Vice President
    2) Tommy Smith publishes post 1, which says“
   Tommy Smith, Vice President” 3) Tommy Smith becomes President, Samantha Jones
   becomes Vice President 4) Post 1 now says “Tommy Smith, President”
 * I mean, getting the government position from the user meta will show the current
   position in every post. If you want posts to show the position the author had
   when he published it, you should save it in posts’ custom fields.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rickjoe/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)