Title: redhousepainter's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# redhousepainter

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)…
[7](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/7/?output_format=md)
[8](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/8/?output_format=md)
[9](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/9/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Finished my latest wordpress build. WordPress as a full CMS](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/finished-my-latest-wordpress-build-wordpress-as-a-full-cms/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/finished-my-latest-wordpress-build-wordpress-as-a-full-cms/#post-1046697)
 * t?
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Amazon Affiliate Blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-affiliate-blog/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-affiliate-blog/#post-1037357)
 * One more thing – get the Firefox ‘Web Developer’ tool. It lets you isolate everything
   on your page so you can know what corresponding parts of the style sheet to change.
 * You probably know all that but I hope it helps!
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Amazon Affiliate Blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-affiliate-blog/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-affiliate-blog/#post-1037356)
 * Are you using a Mac or PC?
 * If you are on a Mac – try a CSS tool called CSSEdit. There might be a PC version.
 * I couldn’t have styled my sites without it.
 * Feel free to ask if you have any CSS questions – once i got my mind around it
   I really started to enjoy designing websites!
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Now it’s time to be .. just be … byoga](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/now-its-time-to-be-just-be-byoga/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/now-its-time-to-be-just-be-byoga/#post-1029741)
 * The site feels very professional. Bi-yoga might be more fun but that’s just me.
 * I would integrated the mid-section blog a little differently. In fact, I’d probably
   move it to a separate page or installation. I really like how streamlined the
   top and header area and footer area is.
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [a personal, personal blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/a-personal-personal-blog/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/a-personal-personal-blog/#post-1035448)
 * I admire the fact that you didn’t use a theme. Inspirational.
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Site for my writing, photography…](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-for-my-writing-photography/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-for-my-writing-photography/#post-868667)
 * This is a pretty happening thread for no site. Cool!
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [My websit open slowly?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/my-websit-open-slowly/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/my-websit-open-slowly/#post-1036653)
 * Loaded fine for me. I’d sort out your rounded (but not really rounded) edges.
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [First attempt](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/first-attempt-2/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/first-attempt-2/#post-1029740)
 * Great opportunity to put up a splash page!
 * At least you have the jump on CSS naked day!
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Amazon Affiliate Blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-affiliate-blog/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-affiliate-blog/#post-1037145)
 * Nice background and site name.
 * I’m not a huge fan of big bold fonts – but that might just be me.
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [MCMXXII – Fashion Forum](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mcmxxii-fashion-forum/)
 *  Thread Starter [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mcmxxii-fashion-forum/#post-1031581)
 * @ RantnRaveCraig,
 * Thanks!
 * I got your contact info in the other msg. I’ll be in touch!
 * Redhousepainter
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Super White – by Schwarttzy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/super-white-by-schwarttzy/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/super-white-by-schwarttzy/#post-1020212)
 * Infinitely better!
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Side Bar](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/side-bar-3/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/side-bar-3/#post-1022107)
 * It might be a browser issue. Try using this tool to narrow down the problem…
 * [http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php](http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php)
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Side Bar](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/side-bar-3/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/side-bar-3/#post-1022018)
 * Have you fixed this? I see the sidebar on the front page.
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Purekonacoffee – store/magazine type WP site](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/purekonacoffee-storemagazine-type-wp-site/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/purekonacoffee-storemagazine-type-wp-site/#post-1009935)
 * Great use of Mimbo!
 * Your site is a good example of a new tendency in web design that I’m a little
   unsure of (I mean this as constructive criticism because I like the site). The
   top 3/4 of the site feel professional and very functional but then it becomes
   as you say – bloggy.
 * I’d work with your strengths. Shorten the excerpts in the middle bar so they 
   are all the same size and don’t wrap the thumbnail (also get rid of this the 
   ellipsis […])
 * Then, get rid of the older posts widget. If you like you could put it in the 
   footer. I’d put the Feed Burner widget there too (but you don’t really need it
   as you have a nicer looking email widget at the top which basically does the 
   same thing.
 * I think you’d find that your site will appear more even.
 * Anyway, good luck – it’s a great site so far.
 *   Forum: [Your WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/your-wordpress/)
   
   In reply to: [Please you review my site?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-you-review-my-site/)
 *  [redhousepainter](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/)
 * (@redhousepainter)
 * [17 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-you-review-my-site/#post-1016514)
 * I like it a lot. I don’t have much of a sense of humor but the site made me laugh–
   especially the tag line. I don’t know if that was intended though!
 * I also like the small thumbs on the front page. Did you design the theme yourself?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)…
[7](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/7/?output_format=md)
[8](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/8/?output_format=md)
[9](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/9/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/redhousepainter/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)